• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Looks like we'll be seeing english videos/reviews very soon [PIC]

Hm? 6002 blocks for the English version? Never knew it took like 350 more than my Japanese one does (which is around 5,655 blocks). I believe that international versions are taking up more space because of other languages being thrown in.

This also seems to suggest that the fixes from the JPN v1.1 patch aren't embedded in the game yet. But then, localizers and debuggers the localization team and the debuggers might added them directly to the game itself.
If you guys can clip through a wall inside your house by doing a certain glitch on your English copy, then let us know!

The extra is patches and our spot pass feature.

I wonder if the Euro version is bigger than the US since we have english and more langages.

I wonder if the Euro version is bigger than the US since we have english and more langages.

Possibly. Probably not TOO much larger - text actually does not take up that much data. It's the localized holidays and special events that require more scripting, art, and data that would likely give the filesize a small boost. :)

I think the increase we're seeing in block count is likely patch content, and as stated before, the Spotpass content we're getting. Likely the existing DLC is slotted in there as well - artwork takes up more room than text does.

That's what Nintendo seems to be calling this "project". I think the people who're reviewing the game are part of the Mayor Program.

This is correct. A TBT member here was actually contacted about joining the program a week or so ago but had to turn it down because they were from Canada. This isn't just the typical review copies you always see sent out, they're targeting regular bloggers as well.

I don't think that events are what differentiate from one region to another in terms of blocks. All regions should have every single event in the game in order for it to load efficiently. That doesn't mean you'll be able to participate in your town, the events that are outside of your region. If an English player talks to Isabelle during a Japanese holiday, she will definitely speak it in English. I'm pretty sure it's programmed in every single ACNL game regardless of the region you're in.

Same goes for the languages supported by 3DSes from all of the regions. You can still see some Japanese and Korean on your English ACNL, even if you can't write them. Just try snooping in a Japanese town via train station, look at some buildings and bulletin board.

Wait, so why do people get early copies? Do they work for Nintendo? Do they just review it for Nintendo????

Looks like I should've made an AC blog, lol. T____T

Oh wait, I don't have a 3DS - nvm, lol.

Ooohh, I wish they stop playing with our emotions.
Hm, I can't wait to see the English videos soon~
Although I am rather upset that Europe is getting a preorder bonus (the figurine) and the only thing BB here has in terms of preorder bonus is points for the membership card.
Then again, I want that game...

Oh, I wonder if they'll show us if the games have been patched or will we have to update them as the JP and early adopters had to>

What I don't get, is that if it's perfectly ready for a digital release, why not just release it digitally in advance??? Sure, some would be pissed, but the majority of people I've seen are getting it digitally anyway.

Josh posted his first video. I was going to watch it but as soon as I did, I felt so guilty and quickly stopped. I will still stick to certain blogs but stay away from the videos...

I watched it, I found it incredibly easy to look away for the opening and stuff. I looked away from most NOC dialogue like what Isabelle and nook would say. With only 36 days (now after midnight) left, my patience is pretty huge :O

I'm not going to watch!! Superpenguin described how I'd be, I'm also staying away from tumblr as much as possible!

Good to hear that the game is ready for launch.
only one more month to go with the final stages.

why do americans get everything? because i was born as a poor british loser.

Back