Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Are you saying you don't play any wii/DS/GC/any older games what so ever now that new systems exist?

Anyway, I'mma be playing online for a bit if anyone wants to join (though might switch rooms soon, as the average vr took a random dive in this one)

I'm all for the DLC levels and everything, but I'm getting them way too much online. Getting the older levels is rare for me which is bad because I love most of them. In comparison to the DLC, where I dislike more stages which I keep getting.

I'll probably dust off the ol' Jet Bike today.
It's been waaaaaay too long.

Heeeeey guys~

It's Monday. And the weekly MK8 Monday Madness livestream will be happening tonight if anyone wants to come by! : ) I'll have a link up closer to start time tonight.

Woo! Stream! I don't know how long I'll last awake though, but hopefully I make it. (been rather ill and sleping a lot lately / hence I missed last weeks.)

I'm all for the DLC levels and everything, but I'm getting them way too much online. Getting the older levels is rare for me which is bad because I love most of them. In comparison to the DLC, where I dislike more stages which I keep getting.

Turn off the dlc tracks for a few races, then turn them back on? It's what I do as there seems to be a more random selection with them off. ~ like a quarter of the original tracks seemingly never turn up with dc on. s;

Woo! Stream! I don't know how long I'll last awake though, but hopefully I make it. (been rather ill and sleping a lot lately / hence I missed last weeks.)

Don't worry! There's no need to push yourself. There will be plenty of streams in the future if you can't make a few now. It's more important for you to focus on getting better, anyway. I wish you a speedy recovery from your illness.

I'll be gearing up for the Mario Kart 8 Monday Madness livestream shortly! I go live at 8:30PM EST!

Stream will be here: http://www.twitch.tv/shiirahime

Hope to see you guys there, whether it's to race or if you want to watch. : ) I'll be on Skype with a few friends of mine, and crazy antics will surely ensue.

Fair warning for my potty mouth! I swear a lot during MK8 streams. XD

I'll be gearing up for the Mario Kart 8 Monday Madness livestream shortly! I go live at 8:30PM EST!

Hope to see you guys there, whether it's to race or if you want to watch. : ) I'll be on Skype with a few friends of mine, and crazy antics will surely ensue.

Fair warning for my potty mouth! I swear a lot during MK8 streams. XD
The reason I don't chat during your streams.

The reason I don't chat during your streams.

Your choice! I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I give fair warning.

By the way, thanks to everyone who came last night! It was a jam-packed night of fun and chaos and I swear I was still grinning for an hour afterward. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. There were so many great moments.

Last edited:

Turn off the dlc tracks for a few races, then turn them back on? It's what I do as there seems to be a more random selection with them off. ~ like a quarter of the original tracks seemingly never turn up with dc on. s;

I didn't know you could turn them off actually. That's awesome! Thanks for the tip.

It's Mooooonday, everybody!

That means that Mario Kart 8 Monday Madness will be happening tonight! I'll have a link up closer to start time!

Just a few things I want to note about joining in to play with us:

--We play for fun. This isn't a serious competition or a tournament. Please leave your "pro" at the door. It's not a stream in which to show off/gloat/be a tool.
--Fire-hopping is seriously frowned upon. You'll probably have the whole stream against you if you do this to get ahead.
--Please don't be a jerk to people for fun. I can't make people follow the guidelines, but please don't be vindictive and raise heck if someone hit you with a shell. If someone singles you out, then that's different, but generally we try not to do super jerkish things like red shells over flying areas, throwing shells/fire backward at the finish line, deliberately hitting people with stars, etc. It's not a rule, it's just something a lot of us play by and you'll probably get along better with the regulars if you don't do it.

That's about it. : ) Just thought I would put that out there, since lately there have been some bumps, especially with new people that want to join to show off and gloat about their greatness, etc. Even though the game has a huuuuuge duck factor. : P

Yaaaaay! -goes to bed now for a nap because I'm knackered, but finally a night I can be noisily salty!

Enjoy your nap! Lol. Duke is trying to add you to the Skype call group, but he needs to you send your request again because he's on mobile at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm still banned from Mario Kart Monday right? I think i'm better off WW online instead.

I'm still banned from Mario Kart Monday right? I think i'm better off WW online instead.

Yes. I was not happy to find out you added me on two different accounts and didn't even tell me you were the same person. That's not cool. Also, gloating to me in PMs and talking about how pro you were after the stream was not appreciated.

Anyway...

I’ll be gearing up for the Mario Kart 8 Monday Madness livestream shortly! I go live at 8:30PM EST! (In about 15 minutes!)

Hope to see you guys there, whether it’s to watch/chat or both. : ) I’ll be on Skype with a few friends of mine, and crazy antics will surely ensue!

Fair warning for my potty mouth! I tend to swear a lot during MK8 streams. Though tonight, I'm going to try to keep it on the low, as I have to get out of that habit before I see my sister's kids (who play Mario Kart) out west in a couple weeks.

Mario Kart 8 Monday Madness tonight once again, guys!

This may be the last MK8 Monday Madness stream for (probably) the next three weeks, since I'm going on a two week trip come next week! I may still hold a stream next Monday night, but that depends on whether or not I'm packed by then. Haha.

Same as always, if you'd like to join in and play, my NNID is on the sidebar and drop me a message to let me know what yours is so I can add you back---I'd be happy to have more people to join in with us!

I’ll be getting the Mario Kart 8 Monday Madness livestream up and running shortly! I go live at 8:30PM EST! (In about 20 minutes!)

Hope to see you guys there, whether it’s to watch/chat/play or all together. I may be on Skype with a few friends of mine, and we can get pretty wild and crazy, so you've been forewarned!

Also, as always, fair warning for my potty mouth! I tend to swear a lot during MK8 streams, but I am going to keep it on the lowdown lately, since I'm trying to break the habit.

I wish the Mario Kart Mondays were actually on Friday or the weekends. The name would probably be changed if that were the case, but more people would most likely be able to race on those days. Also, I can't join these anymore if this is always going to be on Mondays.

Back