Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

By the way, I got about 8 or 9 new adds lately on Wii U, assumed to be interested in playing MK8, and I have no idea who ANY of them are.

If you're from here (the TBT community) and you added me without being added back yet, please send me a PM with what your username was so I can add you back. I just don't feel comfortable adding all of these people I don't know or recognize. : S

I can't believe this...
when I was trying to play MK8 with my cousin earlier, we couldn't find ANYONE online. We got only like two people and then never saw anyone in DLC1+DLC2 worldwide again. Like holy zel O_O
Has MK8 lost its life?

I can't believe this...
when I was trying to play MK8 with my cousin earlier, we couldn't find ANYONE online. We got only like two people and then never saw anyone in DLC1+DLC2 worldwide again. Like holy zel O_O
Has MK8 lost its life?
It could be because the recent DLC from Smash Bros, the Splatoon game, or something else that's keeping their attention away from Mario Kart.

It could be because the recent DLC from Smash Bros, the Splatoon game, or something else that's keeping their attention away from Mario Kart.

Soon after I said that, I went to play MK8 for a little bit and I found a full roster of players. I guess I was just having some bad luck at the time I tried.

Soon after I said that, I went to play MK8 for a little bit and I found a full roster of players. I guess I was just having some bad luck at the time I tried.
Yeah, it does that. If you quit a race, you get a punishment. And that is not being able to find racers. I think, its a guess.

Yeah, it does that. If you quit a race, you get a punishment. And that is not being able to find racers. I think, its a guess.

Nah, that can't be right. I had just booted up the game and my cousin and I went into online 2P Worldwide and couldn't find anyone. I didn't leave a race (I never leave one unless I get d/ced).

Btw, let me go add you right now. I forgot to do that weeks ago...

Last edited:
triple shells
blue shells
green shells snipes
banana snipes
bullet williams
lightning off a ramp with no track under
fire hopping fux
battle mode

Etc.

Last edited:
^Basically all the unfair crap in the game. It makes it totally awful for casual players because no matter how hard they try they can't keep up with the OP players. Plus bad things ALWAYS happen to you. Always.

^Basically all the unfair crap in the game. It makes it totally awful for casual players because no matter how hard they try they can't keep up with the OP players. Plus bad things ALWAYS happen to you. Always.
That's why this game is only luck based. And if your luck betrays you, that's when anger takes over.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with luck itself; it's just how the hit-stun is too punishing to make the game less reliant on luck, something that has persisted since the inception of Super Mario Kart. Getting hit by multiple items in a row ensure that you'll be unlikely coming back to where you were even if you're skilled. Mario Kart 8 had it much worse with the newly rethought items and item balance, especially when it's determined by how far you are from the 1st place racer as opposed to simply position-based, therefore giving you the least logical items if that racer is too far away from you. That's pretty much the reason why I quit Mario Kart 8 long time ago, simply because I couldn't bear breaking another controller due of its obnoxiously asinine item system.

We should blame on the punishing hit-stun coming from colliding on certain obstacles and items, as because a single mistake will already cost you a lot of time unless you're too far away from the 2nd place racer.

Honestly, I don't like the "distance" from 1st idea either. I mean seriously...
If you're far enough ahead in 1st place, it's possible for 2nd place to get TRIPLE REDS. This is even worse than a blue shell since it means you're almost guaranteed to get hit at least twice.

Also, getting hit by multiple items in a row sucks. I kinda wish the game gave you some invincibility frames after taking a hit in races so you have a chance to recover rather than being a sitting duck for green shells or items held behind karts.

...rather than being a sitting duck for green shells or items held behind karts.

Don't even get me started on held items like bananas or green shells. I always run into them because somehow that player in 1st that was so far ahead is now going slow enough for me to bump them. But no one ever runs into my held items. Strange...

Don't even get me started on held items like bananas or green shells. I always run into them because somehow that player in 1st that was so far ahead is now going slow enough for me to bump them. But no one ever runs into my held items. Strange...
Oh really? Get this. When i'm too close to a racer in 1st while the person in 1st has a green shell, they freaking let go of the item so it can hit me while the person in 1st is so far away. Its like (Hey, your catching up, that's cool! *Hits me with green shell* well get the **** outta here!)

Can this be General Mario Kart?
I really don't know where to ask people to play with so I'll be asking about it here?

Also anyone know some really good JP players for MK8 and who uploads videos?

Last edited:
Have you people seen the triple trolls in battle? They take all three greens, hit you, wait, hit you, wait and deliver the final hit. And that's it, you're out for the rest of the game

Back