• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Does anyone know if there's an exact date on the DLC release yet? Some have been telling me it's November 11th, others are claiming November 21st, and I have no idea where they're getting their info from or if it's even legit. We know it's going to be in November, but has an actual date been set for the release of the content? (Those darn unlocked courses and characters have been teasing me every time I play. lol)

I haven't found anything official, so all of these supposed "leaks" of dates are confusing.

There is no definite date yet. I'm not sure where Nov 11th came from, but I when I googled searched that, your post comes up before any actual rumours it'll release that day. :p So I doubt it.
But I do know people are only thinking the 21st because Smash bros and Pokemon release that day (in US atleast) and they expect Nintendo to trollishly make everyone hype for a single weekend.

I am hoping it comes out on the 1st at midnight. But I assume the May DLC won't be until the end so it can be out on the 1 year anniversary of the game.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. That's what I thought, but with people feeding me different things, it's hard to know what's accurate and what's not. I did some googling, but it didn't help very much.

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if it did end up being the 21st. Nintendo has already piled two big game releases on the same day and it's entirely possible that they might throw the DLC in on top of that (and possibly as some extra hype for Smash with Link being included and courses we have yet to see). They're all about money, after all, and a marketing strategy like that hits from all angles: Smash fans will want to buy the new Smash game, Pokemon lovers will want one (or both) of the new Pokemon games, and the Mario Kart 8 racers will want the DLC. And that way they rope in people who want more than one of them, as well---bigger bucks for Nintendo.

It's a lot at once, but if Nintendo is already going the route to release both largely-anticipated games on the same day, I really wouldn't put it past them at this point. And I think if it was going to be released much sooner, they would have probably announced it by now.

Who knows, though! It's all speculation at this point. I'd love it if it came out on the 1st, but I'm not about to get my hopes up. lol

S'okies. There are a lot of random rumours and all sorts going around these games. I only really pay heed to stuff Nintendo states themselves now.

I would like to point out Pokemon was planned for Nov 21st from the start. (excluding areas that broke release for XYs global release) And Smash bros, I believe was supposed to have a global first week of December release, but America are getting it early just because of Black Friday hype. The rest of the world are not getting it on November 21st, so we don't have the 2 big games releasing on 1 day situation you guys have. Infact Europe don't even have either game coming out on November 21st. :p

Yeah, I figured Black Friday had to play a part in it, as far as North America goes. That's part of the reason I'm thinking they're really going to just release everything at once.

Do we have an official release date for the Zelda DLC pack yet? All I've heard is November.

Hey guys!

I'm streaming Mario Kart 8 tonight, as per my Monday usual! (In just a minute, actually!)

You can find the stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/shiirahime

If I know you from this site, let me know in the chat and perhaps you can come and race in the friends room! Or you can just come to watch, too. It's all good. :3

Pre-warning: I curse, and sometimes when I'm on Skype with some of the other people I race with, they curse too. We're adults, so keep that in mind if you drop in!

Get Excite!

It looks like the same setup as Baby Park from Double Dash, with course elements being randomized every time it's played. It's a pretty neat idea and I wonder if any other classic Nintendo titles will be getting courses in the DLC.

youtube.watch?v=dQ7yVvxk8Q4​

Get Excite!

It looks like the same setup as Baby Park from Double Dash, with course elements being randomized every time it's played. It's a pretty neat idea and I wonder if any other classic Nintendo titles will be getting courses in the DLC.

That looks pretty damn cool (and it'd make a great battle stage even though it'll probably never happen.)
I don't think it'll be as hectic as baby park though, items can't go over the centre barrier and the backs of some ramps will help stop backward travelling shells. ~ And we'll need more than 3 laps and giant bowser shells. <- Which should totally be added as DLC!

That looks pretty damn cool (and it'd make a great battle stage even though it'll probably never happen.)
I don't think it'll be as hectic as baby park though, items can't go over the centre barrier and the backs of some ramps will help stop backward travelling shells. ~ And we'll need more than 3 laps and giant bowser shells. <- Which should totally be added as DLC!
True, I just meant that it had was the same two turns to make one long course. I think the random elements will be interesting, as nobody will go into the course with an optimal route in mind. You'll have to get some good items to beat down the competition.

Also, just noticed that another classic course was sorta kinda confirmed? I'm not sure how legit it is, but Wario's Gold Mine from MKWii is listed as a track in Pack 1 here. Take that as you will.

True, I just meant that it had was the same two turns to make one long course. I think the random elements will be interesting, as nobody will go into the course with an optimal route in mind. You'll have to get some good items to beat down the competition.

Also, just noticed that another classic course was sorta kinda confirmed? I'm not sure how legit it is, but Wario's Gold Mine from MKWii is listed as a track in Pack 1 here. Take that as you will.

-lifts up rock-
Hello Reindeer, while you've been under there, us on the outside world have known Wario Gold mine is returning since the DLC was announced. It's shown on the pack 1 image. :p

Yeah, I hope the random routes are different each time, and not like Toads turnpikes 3 different car options. But I am excitebike now.

-lifts up rock-
Hello Reindeer, while you've been under there, us on the outside world have known Wario Gold mine is returning since the DLC was announced. It's shown on the pack 1 image. :p
WAH YOU FOUND ME

Well, I've made a fool out of myself. Everyone laugh at the deer.
I'll just blame me not noticing on the fact that I played very little of MKWii.

My family has fell in love with Mario Kart 8... so they're purchasing the DLC packs.

This is going to be a stupid question but; are karts allowed on the Excitebike course?

My family has fell in love with Mario Kart 8... so they're purchasing the DLC packs.

This is going to be a stupid question but; are karts allowed on the Excitebike course?

Rainbow Yoshis and Shy guys 4 U.

And undoubtedly. Pretty sure it only shows bikes in the promo video because the original game was bikes only. Otherwise it'd be the rarest track ever online, and either force you into a random bike if selected or not be an option if you chose to drive a kart before track selection.

Also the Smash Bros Amiibo confirmed to work with MK8 ~ via a Walmart advert. (Or atleast Mario, Peach, DK and Yoshi from wave 1 - no word on Link / Villager)
Linky

Back