• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Miitopia Switch Demo/Full Game Discussion

Holla

Salmon Run Survivalist
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Galaxy Cupcake
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
White Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
Just a PSA that there's a demo available on the Switch eshop for Miitopia.

I personally loved the game on 3DS so I will definitely be buying this version as well. I absolutely love the additional mii customization they have added to the game.

Here is my mii. I went pretty light on the makeup options as that's just who I am in real life but I really like the new eye details and wigs. Feel free to share what your mii looks like as well, or to share any thoughts you have about the game/demo in general. :)

IMG_1188.jpg

Edit: as of today May 21, 2021 the full game is now out! Feel free to discuss the full game in this thread as well.

Last edited:
I turned on my Switch and found out someone already downloaded it.
Uh, I'll play it after I find an Inking Mii since I'm tired of my main Mii.

I’m still on the fence about whether I should buy this game— I had it for the 3DS but never actually played it past the first couple of minutes.

I downloaded the demo today & couldn’t figure out how to get the extra customization options like in the original post? When I made my mii, it didn’t give me any special options. Maybe I just haven’t played far enough yet

I got the original Miitopia on the 3DS a couple years back and really love it. I'm kind of bummed now though, since there are more customization options now and it feels like I probably should've just waited. Couldn't have known they'd port it though. Not sure whether I'll purchase it again on the Switch, but the quality of that Mii you posted certainly has me tempted. Hopefully it will go on sale for Black Friday or something to make buying it again more justifiable.

hm, i downloaded it and it's about the same as i remember. (obviously.) the wigs aren't really anything special, largely because you can't adjust them. most of the bangs are obscenely high above my miis' eyebrows, giving them massive foreheads, and there's just... not enough variety? a lot of them are really niche and/or over the top, and most of the longer haired wigs fall really oddly too? i don't really know how to explain it. point is the wigs didn't live up to my expectations. i like the eye-shines though. they're the only thing i added to my mii lmao.

all in all, i was planning to buy this game anyway since i loved it on the 3DS and have been wanting to replay it for a while but didn't want to overwrite my save. that being said, i don't think the wigs/make-up really make it worth buying again otherwise. i know there's something about a horse, and potentially more, but i don't think you can access that in the demo (?) so i can only go off the added feature that's there.

It's weird to look at after playing the 3DS version for so long, but its really great! The only thing that bugs me is that there isn't randomized miis for Greenhorne and things like that. It was funnier to walk in to Sans being the mother of Will Smith and stuff like that.

I can tell i'm going to sink in just as many hours as I did to the original!

hm, i downloaded it and it's about the same as i remember. (obviously.) the wigs aren't really anything special, largely because you can't adjust them. most of the bangs are obscenely high above my miis' eyebrows, giving them massive foreheads, and there's just... not enough variety? a lot of them are really niche and/or over the top, and most of the longer haired wigs fall really oddly too? i don't really know how to explain it. point is the wigs didn't live up to my expectations. i like the eye-shines though. they're the only thing i added to my mii lmao.

all in all, i was planning to buy this game anyway since i loved it on the 3DS and have been wanting to replay it for a while but didn't want to overwrite my save. that being said, i don't think the wigs/make-up really make it worth buying again otherwise. i know there's something about a horse, and potentially more, but i don't think you can access that in the demo (?) so i can only go off the added feature that's there.

I just recently finished the demo myself and it actually does give you the horse right near the end. You kinda have to go back and play previous areas to get more a feel for it as there’s nothing new left in the demo after you get the horse but at least it is included to some extent.

I remember thinking that Miitopia looked really cool when it was originally released, but I wasn't interested enough in getting it. I think with the switch port, however, I'll give it a run this time if I can. I hope that they also port Tomodachi Life to the switch, or release a sequal, since I really remember enjoying that game. If they were to port Tomodachi Life or create a sequal, I hope they'll give it more things to do in regards to interacting with the residents, since I remember playing Tomodachi Life for more than a few minutes at a time was a waste. As for Miitopia though, it looks like a fun, albeit simple RPG.

I just recently finished the demo myself and it actually does give you the horse right near the end. You kinda have to go back and play previous areas to get more a feel for it as there’s nothing new left in the demo after you get the horse but at least it is included to some extent.

i did play a bit more before going to sleep (it was 3AM lmao) and didn't get the horse, but i did get one of the ""dates"" at the cafe. thought that was pretty cute, and it had big homosexual energy given that both characters were female. i can't remember if the dates were in the trailer, but it's a nice addition either way. still hate that the dark lord is gender locked though (and presumably the male subject/princess couple later) given how i used a female character for that.

i still don't think it's entirely worth it though if you owned the game before and weren't in love with it like i was. (i played it twice lmao.) i'd probably suggest waiting until it's fully released and seeing the extent of what's been added or just waiting until it goes on sale/you can get it second hand for less. i think they'd have to add a new zone/world and story somewhere in the middle to make it worth the price for people who owned the 3DS game. something more substantial, y'know?

I’m out of touch and never played it on the 3DS so this would be new to me, which seems like it may be a good thing if it’s frighteningly similar to the 3DS one.

Reminds me of a ‘create your own adventure?’ I’m always down for a fun, light RPG - will download the demo later. :D Gives me an excuse to spend time making Miis again. Last time I made more than one was when Tomodachi Life was released for the 3DS.

Okay, I actually played it now. I had a lot of fun!
I never actually got to play the 3DS version because there's only one save file and it wasn't my game.
I had always wanted to get a second copy of the game so I could play it too. Well now that's what the Switch version will be for.

I had a lot of fun with this on my 3DS, so this will likely be a go for me.

It's making me wish for other games to be transferred/sequels to the Switch, like Ever Oasis.

i did play a bit more before going to sleep (it was 3AM lmao) and didn't get the horse, but i did get one of the ""dates"" at the cafe. thought that was pretty cute, and it had big homosexual energy given that both characters were female. i can't remember if the dates were in the trailer, but it's a nice addition either way. still hate that the dark lord is gender locked though (and presumably the male subject/princess couple later) given how i used a female character for that.

i still don't think it's entirely worth it though if you owned the game before and weren't in love with it like i was. (i played it twice lmao.) i'd probably suggest waiting until it's fully released and seeing the extent of what's been added or just waiting until it goes on sale/you can get it second hand for less. i think they'd have to add a new zone/world and story somewhere in the middle to make it worth the price for people who owned the 3DS game. something more substantial, y'know?

Yeah the "dates" are definitely a new feature. I've already saved clips from a couple of the real funny ones. They are great.

The game is worth it to me as I absolutely loved it the first time and have actually been wanting to play it again with different characters, but since you personally didn't care for it then I agree that it's probably not really worth it for you.

It's the kind of game you either love and adore or it's not really for you. That's ok though as everyone has their own tastes. I'm just glad the demo is substantial enough in my opinion to give people enough taste of the game to know if the full game is worth buying for them or not.

Yeah the "dates" are definitely a new feature. I've already saved clips from a couple of the real funny ones. They are great.

The game is worth it to me as I absolutely loved it the first time and have actually been wanting to play it again with different characters, but since you personally didn't care for it then I agree that it's probably not really worth it for you.

It's the kind of game you either love and adore or it's not really for you. That's ok though as everyone has their own tastes. I'm just glad the demo is substantial enough in my opinion to give people enough taste of the game to know if the full game is worth buying for them or not.

oh no, i think you misread! i was saying i loved the 3DS game, so i was going to buy this one anyway because i always wanted to play it again but couldn't bring myself to restart the save file. that's why it's worth it to me. i was just saying if you already own it on 3DS and are content with restarting your file over there, you should probably wait until the switch version goes on sale or whatever because the additions (thus far) aren't really substantial enough to justify a second purchase imo. (especially since it's like... £10 more, i think, but there definitely isn't £10's worth of added content.) if they had added a new world/section or a new job class, maybe, but i don't think they have, so it's probably better to hold off purchasing unless you're super into the game like us.

that being said, i've finished the demo completely now. i kind of wish they hadn't released it an entire month in advance (i feel half that time would've been enough) because now i'm itching to continue playing and obviously can't for ages lmao. i don't want to just farm the demo since i plan to carry over the data and don't want to be over-leveled. i still think the wig selection could've been a lot better/more varied, but i like the make-up options. (finally used some eyelashes and freckles.) the horse is... okay. i think it's cute and i do like it, but i wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there, y'know? the 'dates' are probably my favorite new addition, and i hope there are more venues on top of the ones i've seen so far. (think i've had fishing, cinema, seaside and cafe.)

still wish they hadn't gender locked story roles though, given how it's supposed to be an RPG where you (mostly) design the characters, but whatever. i ignored it in the 3DS version, and i'll ignore it in this one lmao.

ah thank you! you reminded me to go download that! i never did play the original, but i absolutely love the old streetpass game version (which i'm pretty sure this is based on) so maybe i'll check it out.

here's a mii:
E0J_3sXUYAIIRNH
E0J_3sVVEAApbXG

I re-made a few of my Animal Crossing Miis.:

Static:
Before
E0O5-TkWUAUOmWi.jpg
After:
E0QwSUXVUAIzrpJ.jpeg

Hazel:

Before
E0PaEDkXoAA0ZxS.jpg
After :
E0Qqkc9VIAA-Jmv.jpeg

Sally (Still working on her's):

Before
E0RLGkUX0AAVaWc.jpg
After:
E0RKz5oVoAEfu_3.jpeg

I have a few more AC miis I haven't redone yet: Filbert, Cally, Poppy, Ricky, Marshal, Sheldon, Teddy and I forgot the rest...(Too lazy to look for)

Also wish you could have their whole body painted and not just the face.

I re-made a few of my Animal Crossing Miis.:

Static:
Before
View attachment 372071 After: View attachment 372072

Hazel:

Before
View attachment 372073 After :View attachment 372074

Sally (Still working on her's):

Before
View attachment 372075 After: View attachment 372076

I have a few more AC miis I haven't redone yet: Filbert, Cally, Poppy, Ricky, Marshal, Sheldon, Teddy and I forgot the rest...(Too lazy to look for)

Also wish you could have their whole body painted and not just the face.

I absolutely love these! You really can make just about anything now with the new makeup/wig feature. Great job!

I love the character customization in Miitopia for Switch. Hopefully they'll make a new Tomodachi Life next.

Okay, when I saw this game for the first time I wasn't really interested in it(I had no experience with the 3DS version apart from one youtube video I watched a long time ago). So when I downloaded the demo out of curiosity I really had no expectations. I kinda regret doing that because.........now I HAVE to wait until the release to continue this glorious adventure! ;~;

Back