Minecraft movie

IMO, It looks terrible and pointless. ofc they got Jack Black since he practically carried the Mario Movie (I mean it was still good but he was the best part of it.) It's targeted for kids, so let them enjoy it I guess.

Last edited:
It's not my cup of tea, but neither is the game anyway. I saw some people online saying it looked "woke". (one YouTube guy named Nick something was straight-up racist) Then again, you get a batch of idiots saying that about any upcoming movie.

It doesn't look good so far, but hopefully, the finished product ends up being OK.

Last edited:
I thought they stopped production on this years ago, I didn't know they're still making it.

I don't think it really looks that bad like some people are saying, although they could have used the same type of 3D animation and character models used in Minecraft: Story Mode instead of going the live-action Disney route. Also, I have a feeling that Jack Black is only in this film because of his performance in the 2023 Super Mario Bros. movie.

Minecraft is my childhood, though I may or may not watch it next year, I haven't been to the theaters in more than 10 years.

Someone on Twitter said it looks like YouTube Rewind. What were they thinking... if you want a live action adventure movie just do that, don't abuse an IP like that.

Minecraft Story Mode at least had an idea. People disliked it, but I always thought it was fine. Likable characters. Maybe not the best character motivation. At least they were creative.

That trailer made me lose all faith I had in it potentially being good, but maybe it will prove me wrong. I thought the Mario movie was going to be trash and it ended up surprising me with how good it was. This might be the same. The trailer just looked so bad.

I’m sorry but the accuracy of this….😂
1725675392879.jpeg

it honestly looks like one of those old 2013 youtube videos of “this is what minecraft will look like in 2018.” it looks BAD. i don’t know how this was approved, it’s definitely worse than the sonic movie 2020 situation.

The first thing I'm going to do when this releases is to check the critic reviews. I will laugh so hard if this gets less than a 20% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

I hadn't seen the trailer before now but I've seen memes of that sheep. It looks... really, REALLY bad. It looks like it's going to be a "slop for children" movie and nothing more. Like I'm not usually tough on movies, I like a lot of movies that people consider bad for basically no reason besides "haha picture moves :]" but I actually don't think I could watch this, it's that bad. A shame but I never expected much. I like minecraft as a game, not as a movie.

Back