• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

More AC:NL news in the coming weeks!

I'd love for them to release some new 3D videos onto the eshop. I've spent hours watching that e3 video :p

Hmm.. I think I already know enough about the game. I've spoiled myself enough and I just want to play it now!

This, it was fine seeing it in Japanese as I couldn't understand it. I know the main features now and so I want the rest to be a surprise when I play for myself. Finding out localised names is fine, dialogues and things like that I'm going to try and avoid!

I REALLY want to catch a commercial on TV :) I don't care about the content of the commercial but for some reason that is exciting to me. Probably brings me back to being a kid without internet where commercials were where I saw all the cool new stuff lol.

I just want to find out new localised terms and some dialogue and thats it really

I dunno if they'd be able to release a demo of a game like this. There's so much to do, it'd be hard to fit enough things in to properly showcase it. Plus the game changes based on what day it is, so that would also probably be a bit of a problem.

I know, but allowing us a teaser just to play :D
I know they wouldn't, since Nintendo shies away from demos, but it would be cool for the wait time

I know, but allowing us a teaser just to play :D
I know they wouldn't, since Nintendo shies away from demos, but it would be cool for the wait time

They're putting up a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon demo. I just think an animal crossing demo would be impractical.

Since tomorrow is 50 days to go for Europe.
I will start a new town on Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube and see how much I can do in just under 50 days.

The demo wouldn't be able to give you a good view of how the game really plays out unless they just give you the whole thing.

How would it not work? What do you think is getting recorded with English text and shown to us on Youtube and on the acnewleaf site? What if you could have a hands on demo like that? Would you not try it? :rolleyes:

If you would, why are you trying to argue with me about a demo. :(

I think it would be cool to get some hands on before it releases, which would be just like them showing it off at the game conventions, except you're physically interacting with the game. They had demos already with a prebuilt town to show off the game. The tour was limited, but we got to see some of what we can expect, yea? That's what I would want. :eek:

That's like saying the demo of LEGO batman or Resident Evil revelations doesn't give you a full view of the game. Of course not! It's a demo, its supposed to make you curious enough to buy the whole game. ;)

How would it not work? What do you think is getting recorded with English text and shown to us on Youtube and on the acnewleaf site? What if you could have a hands on demo like that? Would you not try it? :rolleyes:

If you would, why are you trying to argue with me about a demo. :(

I think it would be cool to get some hands on before it releases, which would be just like them showing it off at the game conventions, except you're physically interacting with the game. They had demos already with a prebuilt town to show off the game. The tour was limited, but we got to see some of what we can expect, yea? That's what I would want. :eek:

That's like saying the demo of LEGO batman or Resident Evil revelations doesn't give you a full view of the game. Of course not! It's a demo, its supposed to make you curious enough to buy the whole game. ;)

I think you're wrong. First, they're obviously recording the whole game that they have access to, because they're the developers. They're not playing a demo.

How and where do you cut off the demo for such a game? Close off mall street? Only let you play for 30 minutes? You can't compare AC to Lego Batman or Resi Evil. Animal Crossing is a continuous game with no breaks. Perhaps they can let you play the start of the game where you choose your town, and have to go through the whole process up to planting the town tree. AC is not your standard game with a storyline and structured timeline. It's difficult to create a demo for that.

I'll tell you what, I'll offer a counter point for the sake of me seeing what you're saying.

It would be really hard to demonstrate the full game in a small demo because they came is random, nonlinear, open, and customization beyond what a demo could properly show. It would be really hard to show off the games true potential in a demo since most linear games you start off about how you end, and AC is not that type.

Happy?

And they have had plenty of demos for all the previous games at E3, so don't tell me I'm wrong.

I don't think a demo would be good. Animal crossing is not really a game that you have demos of (other than at conventions to get media coverage). They release demos of a lot of the other games but there is a reason they don't do animal crossing demos. It isn't like monster hunter where they can let you play a single battle or anything. A demo wouldn't do the game justice, they don't want to down play their own software.

They could do something like they did for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon where you play the first 20 mins or so and then if you get the game you can use what you did in the demo and start from there. It could just end after you've completed all the tasks for the first day. No demo should show off all the features anyway, you just get a feel for it. I doubt they will have one though.

Except there never really is an "end" to a day in Animal Crossing. It's not like harvest moon where you finish your farm work, and it's nighttime and you can sleep. You could arguably play Animal Crossing endlessly. How do you limit a demo with that in mind? Only thing I can think of is only letting you play for 30 minutes or so, and removing a lot of features.

they could always do a 'walkthrough' where your mayoral helper (I forget her English name) asks you to do certain tasks in your town? go dig a fossil, go help a neighbour, go plant some flowers or water some flowers or something like that.

This debate is pointless since there won't be a demo for it. Might as well just stop getting frustrated with each other.

A public demo seems unlikely, the ones we see at events are press builds/dev builds.

However, the fact is that people are bumping heads over opinions. Accept that your's differ, nobody is right or wrong.

Back