most annoying acnl features?

I was about to post the same thing as @-Blue-

Because yeah, despite the recent love and grief regarding online going away, it seriously wasn't conventional for actually trying to make money. The night islands were great for shark or beetle hunting, but you could lose everything because one person joins and turns off the 3DS or flips off the wi-fi. It happened a lot.

The train passing through main street when I need to there. -.-

I just restarted New Leaf last month and one of the things that really annoys me is that Blathers will take duplicate donations if you have more than one in your pockets. Stop stealing from me Blathers! I am new and poor and I need to pay Tom Nook for more rooms! LOL

I hated how vague Harriet’s questions about hairstyles choices were. She’s my favorite character in the series, but I just dreaded having to get my character’s hair done. If you didn’t use a hair guide you were pretty much set up to getting a haircut you didn’t like. Natural hair color sliders were awful too since you couldn’t see where one color ended and another began. There were so many times I accidentally slid too high and got black hair or slid too low and got super light brown hair.

“I’m craving some fruit. Could you get me some? Any kind will do.”
Walks to apple tree 3 feet away and shakes it
“Thank you so much! Here’s my Flat Screen TV as my way of saying thanks!”

This “task” isn’t as annoying as it is hilariously stupid. What’s funny is that villagers would always turn down a whole bundle of fruit and always accept just one piece of fruit. I was just trying to impress you…

But seriously, what is annoying about it is how many times I’ve been tasked to get fruit. Go shake the trees yourselves ya lazy animals!

Honestly, people moving without telling you is the reason I don’t open the game too often nowadays. Too many times I’ve come VERY close to accidentally losing someone because I forgot to do my routine run around the island again and again within the 10 day timeframe to make sure no one wants to leave. The 10 day update is a lifesaver, but new horizons is far better where no one will move unless they tell you first.

• Animals being free to move wherever you want.
  • Animals asking useless questions when you’re trying to unlock PWPs.
  • The luck system and how it punishes you for not wearing what it wants you to wear.
  • Ungrateful Snowboys.

When they don't give you their photo for literally years. It never takes me as long in Wild World or New Horizons as it does in New Leaf.

When they ask for petition signatures in another town. I hate turning down their requests (at least when I'm trying to earn their photos), but this is one I have to decline. Especially now that Nintendo stopped supporting online play.

The fact that you can’t order multiple exterior changes from Nook on the same day. Like, maybe I want that door AND that fencing, and it’ll be like a month before you have either of them again

I love that we can customize furniture, but having to wait for Cyrus to finish each item one by one can be a bit tedious. Also, not being able to choose where villagers place their houses. I've had instances where a new villager decided to set up right in the middle of my carefully planned garden, which was a bit heartbreaking. It would be amazing if we could have a say in where they build, especially after spending so much time landscaping.

I hate it when villagers pass around their clothing to other villagers in my town. Also, I get annoyed when villagers pass their catchphrases to other villagers, although I know this happens too in New Horizons.

I've not experience this yet, but I have a feeling someone is going to have moved when I finally boot up New Leaf again! 😭 Also, not being able to choose where you place a villager's home.

I have another! The fact you can only place so many bushes next to each other before one won’t grow. It’s so annoying to have hedges lining certain paths etc in my town and there’s one random gap 😭

the feature i struggled most with while playing the game was villagers moving away, was so hard taking a break from the game to return and find one of my favourite villagers had left.

I really disliked that you had to be the mayor in a town to unlock pwps from villagers. Although it makes sense story-wise, I spent most of my playtime as villager / secondary player and didn't unlock very many pwps. When a villager does finally come up to you to suggest one, it's randomized... this made the police station especially difficult since I was insanely unlucky even after using the diving trick.

Back