• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My 1st non-Paint Sig!

DarthGohan1

TBT Old Timer
Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Yellow Heart Balloon
Purple Heart Balloon
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Wallopoid
Wallopoid
Pavé
I made this in GIMP.
Remember, this is my first one, please don't criticize too much.
I'm really looking forward to hearign some good tips.

kirbysig.jpg

Wolverinesig.jpg

charsig.jpg

DarthGohan1 said:
Thanks, anything I can improve on?
the render. >_>

kirby isn't supposed to have jaggies... nore be broken into small pieces.

that IS kirby right? >_>

Get a render from Gamerenders, save it, open it in GIMP, and paste it on your background. (Opened in a seperate GIMP canvas) There's also ggod brushes at Gimptalk.

I'm afraid they all suck horribly. Seriosly the white line around the renders is horrible and each background is unbeleivably plain. You need ALOT more work. I'd say don't post your first sig, I know I did, but that was foolish because I had a long way to go. I know (and trust me, I do) that it's hard to see past the fact that you, yourself, made a sig, but you have to say "Is this REALLY that good?" I do, and I've scraped doesns of bad sigs from it. Good luck for your future though.

"Remember, this is my first one, please don't criticize too much.
I'm really looking forward to hearign some good tips."

Look I can see why he is angry here, you say don't post your first sig even though he is asking for opinions on how to improve. He isn't asking for tips on how to do better, not how much you think it sucks. He wants to know what an experienced person would do with what he is trying to do, not a review.

Seriously it hasn't only been Darth upset by you lately, can't you try to be a little more cheerful?

SPORGE27 said:
Look I can see why he is angry here, you say don't post your first sig even though he is asking for opinions on how to improve. He isn't asking for tips on how to do better, not how much you think it sucks. He wants to know what an experienced person would do with what he is trying to do, not a review.

Seriously it hasn't only been Darth upset by you lately, can't you try to be a little more cheerful?
no.

thats just asking for some Warn.... Just chill. <_<
Try being, more..... Supportive.

-_-
You won't get a very good rep if you keep this up. :angry:

PrinceBoo said:

-_-
I don't care about my "rep" I care about whats right.

XGT said:
PrinceBoo said:

-_-
I don't care about my "rep" I care about whats right.

How is insulting people "right"?
This isn't a site of art critics and all I am asking is to be a little bit kinder with your choice of words. I think it is a reasonable request.

Thank you for supporting me guys...you need to listen to em JJ.
I said please give me tips, and don't criticize me.
Of course your stuff is better than mine...I'm just learning. Criticizng the living daylights out of me won't help at all.

DarthGohan1 said:
Of course your stuff is better than mine...I'm just learning. Criticizng the living daylights out of me won't help at all.
:| Neither will complimenting you.

XGT said:
DarthGohan1 said:
He never asked for compliments, he asked for suggestions.

Bulerias said:
XGT said:
DarthGohan1 said:
He never asked for compliments, he asked for suggestions.
no he didn't.

DarthGohan1 said:
I made this in GIMP.
Remember, this is my first one, please don't criticize too much.
I'm really looking forward to hearign some <big><big><big><big>good tips.</big></big>

kirbysig.jpg

Wolverinesig.jpg

charsig.jpg
</big></big>
<big><big>
So... who's right?</big>

XGT said:
SPORGE27 said:

no.
i wanna know why he's even a sage???

:huh:
cuz that could of really upset darth and he could of made a big deal about that....

Back