• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

◄ | Nat's GFX Gallery | ► NEW 9/20

So after tinkering with GIMP today I found that... there's not much to it. I tried enhancing a render to make it look nicer on the background but found no way to really do that. Starbursts/lighting aren't helpful, I was hoping for filter effects. I'm sure there's tutorials for this stuff but I don't have patience to sit and watch them. I guess GIMP really isn't for me...

If you decide you want to give it another try, I use GIMP as my main program, so I could help you! Just an offer, but ya know.

Working on a new banner for a friend of mine. You probably know who she is. uwu

0KkprVp.png

This is in no way a finished product, or even a preview, for that matter. I plan on using a bunch of effects to make it look like the character is sitting in the field eating an apple. It's also going to be animated so with any luck it will look pretty epic. This is just a beta thing to show that I'm working.
The only good thing I've pulled from GIMP so far is perspective shadows, which allow me to create a "floor" in the image rather than just a wall. It's why I want to try out the sitting thing. Unfortunately I also want to use a lens flare effect to simulate a sunny day, but sadly GIMP has a terrible lens flare. All it is is one small circle... really? I want all the circles in a diagonal line down like how it really is! I've tried using online tools to make that effect, Picmonkey's was totally perfect, but sadly I have to buy those. So now I'm downloading more effects programs in an attempt to make this piece perfect...​

If you decide you want to give it another try, I use GIMP as my main program, so I could help you! Just an offer, but ya know.

I guess I'll look up some tutorials for what I hope to accomplish, I just really don't have the time to sit and watch videos all day. Thanks for the offer though, if I have a question I'll definitely ask.

Last edited:
New WIP update, just posted this in a new thread asking for help.

Ou7kPDB.png

Plans for this are:
-Fixing lens flare
-Fixing shadow
-Some kind of tint
-Rounded edges
-Animated
-Blurred background/distance parts*
-Some other random effects

(*I'm really not sure how since I can't blur the gif itself...)

Anyways, I'm hoping to go all out with this.​

Last edited:
YAAAAY IT'S FINALLY FINISHED!! The banner thing for my friend that took me freaking forever to put together!

ah5rBsq.png

...yep, that's it. Here's the version before the color effects:

sXpyWKR.png

Text version:

tJaDtRJ.png

Not too sure if it looks good but eh.

I know there's tons of things wrong with it, but it was my first time venturing outside of PSP8. I used like five different programs to mess with this, all because I was searching for certain effects that would make stuff happen. I think the biggest disappointment would be the shadow. It's really messed up but ofc GIMP doesn't have a preview when editing so I just threw some numbers in, gave up, and edited it myself. I guess it's decent though, right?
I also sadly couldn't make it animated like I had wanted because GIMP wouldn't let me throw a lens flare on a transparent layer.

Critique for this new piece is greatly appreciated!

Also I decided to make a symbol for all my new GFX pieces:

ueVOYNx.png

It probably needs fixing but eh.
Lots of bonus points for anyone who knows where the symbol is from and what it means! ;)​

Last edited:
Working on some GIMP tutorials that I'll be incorporating into a banner!

vT2jTxE.png

Problem is, I can't seem to get it looking right at all, probably because I'm using the latest version. I do as it says but can't seem to get the overlay line faded? Idk I'm getting a bit discouraged. -_-

And yes, this is about to be Pokemon Ranger themed lmao​

Made a new banner! This one is for that little thread I have requesting character reference art. Not my full OC request thread, my specific request thread.

UXnXSoQ.png

I think it looks fine by itself but I also added some lighting effects:

4AGWPNT.png

up2q0bt.png

Took me like three seconds to make but I'm still happy with how it turned out.​

ueVOYNx.png

Lots of bonus points for anyone who knows where the symbol is from and what it means! ;)[/center]

Oh my god, I swear I have a weird feeling that this symbol is Naruto related. I don't remember what it means, as I haven't seen or read anything Naruto related for a good amount of time (...a few months), but I am almost convinced I've seen that swirl design somewhere in the manga.

YAAAAY IT'S FINALLY FINISHED!! The banner thing for my friend that took me freaking forever to put together!

ah5rBsq.png

...yep, that's it. Here's the version before the color effects:

sXpyWKR.png

Text version:

tJaDtRJ.png

Not too sure if it looks good but eh.

I know there's tons of things wrong with it, but it was my first time venturing outside of PSP8. I used like five different programs to mess with this, all because I was searching for certain effects that would make stuff happen. I think the biggest disappointment would be the shadow. It's really messed up but ofc GIMP doesn't have a preview when editing so I just threw some numbers in, gave up, and edited it myself. I guess it's decent though, right?
I also sadly couldn't make it animated like I had wanted because GIMP wouldn't let me throw a lens flare on a transparent layer.

Critique for this new piece is greatly appreciated!

ueVOYNx.png

Lots of bonus points for anyone who knows where the symbol is from and what it means! ;)​

Yay, from teen wolf.
ALPHA BETA OMEGA DAWG.
it's a tricaly (I can't spell)

Oh my god, I swear I have a weird feeling that this symbol is Naruto related. I don't remember what it means, as I haven't seen or read anything Naruto related for a good amount of time (...a few months), but I am almost convinced I've seen that swirl design somewhere in the manga.

Yay, from teen wolf.
ALPHA BETA OMEGA DAWG.
it's a tricaly (I can't spell)

Ayyyyeee Slammint got it what a surprise
This is the original lol I just had it lying around and thought I might use it as my symbol xD

4,5*

And yes thank you. Such a surprise.

...actually you're right about both. There are only 4.5 seasons.

But you used a comma instead of a period so it's like you said 4, 5...
And you're right because I lost season 4 and haven't downloaded all of 5a yet HOW DID YOU KNOW ;-;

...actually you're right about both. There are only 4.5 seasons.

But you used a comma instead of a period so it's like you said 4, 5...
And you're right because I lost season 4 and haven't downloaded all of 5a yet HOW DID YOU KNOW ;-;
Illuminati confirmed.

Ayyyyeee Slammint got it what a surprise
This is the original lol I just had it lying around and thought I might use it as my symbol xD

OH MY GOD I AM SO MAD, I SHOULD'VE GOTTEN IT SINCE I MARATHONNED THE ENTIRETY OF TEEN WOLF JUST LAST YEAR.
Not surprised I got it mixed up with Naruto though, lol, since I haven't seen any of S5. It just wasn't the same for me after
Allison died :-/
So I decided to quit altogether after S4, lmao.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD I AM SO MAD, I SHOULD'VE GOTTEN IT SINCE I MARATHONNED THE ENTIRETY OF TEEN WOLF JUST LAST YEAR.
Not surprised I got it mixed up with Naruto though, lol, since I haven't seen any of S5. It just wasn't the same for me after

Omg yeah that was awful. ;-; Tbh it hasn't been as good since that season. Season 4 was unique I guess but pretty boring. Season 5a was actually pretty good since they're switching to a more horror-esque genre but it's still kinda meh. It was more of one big "omg noooooooo" like over the whole season. It really built up at the end though so I'm hoping 5b (which starts in January) is going to be decent.

I just really don't like how they're adding all the stuff and making it all so complicated. xD

Last edited:

I cried more for
AIDEN </3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg yeah that was awful. ;-; Tbh it hasn't been as good since that season. Season 4 was unique I guess but pretty boring. Season 5a was actually pretty good since they're switching to a more horror-esque genre but it's still kinda meh. It was more of one big "omg noooooooo" like over the whole season. It really built up at the end though so I'm hoping 5b (which starts in January) is going to be decent.

I just really don't like how they're adding all the stuff and making it all so complicated. xD

Tbh season 3 was the best. Because of aiden and Ethan. I think they rushed the stuff about Malias mum a bit. I was hoping for a nice big build up.

Hmm, the fact that they switched over to something more horror-esque definitely sounds promising. What I did like about Teen Wolf was that every episode didn't drag on for too long and there was always something interesting, but I also noticed that they've been trying to add so much extra stuff to the plot too. That makes for a pretty convulsed show, unfortunately :-/
At least the audience never gets too bored, though. Lol.

I cried more for
AIDEN </3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbh season 3 was the best. Because of aiden and Ethan. I think they rushed the stuff about Malias mum a bit. I was hoping for a nice big build up.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you; S3 was the best, since the plot started picking up around that time iirc and some cool characters were introduced. But then again, anything beats how cringeworthy S1 was x_x
I'm vowing to never speak about S1 again.

It definitely sucked that Aiden died... was he your favorite character?? Seems like it, haha.
To be completely honest, I didn't feel much at all during his death scene. But that's because I'm biased; Allison was my second favorite character and she died because almost every character I like dies :-[

Last edited:
Back