• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Is there a way to duplicate or copy and paste custom designs on the switch? Trying to make a path design and the colors are annoying to reproduce from scratch.
yes! hover over the design (don't select it with A) and you'll see options on the bottom of the screen for copy/swap etc

Hope this isn't asked before, couldn't find info from the listed ones.

I now have 10 villagers, and island trips no longer spawn new villager for me.
Does this mean the only way for me to be able to meet new ones is to wait until someone moves out voluntarily from my island?

Hope this isn't asked before, couldn't find info from the listed ones.

I now have 10 villagers, and island trips no longer spawn new villager for me.
Does this mean the only way for me to be able to meet new ones is to wait until someone moves out voluntarily from my island?
Villagers wont appear in islands if there's no empty plot available. Indeed you have to wait for someone to move out. You can force villagers out via campsite or amiibo, however.

Have questions regarding Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
Please check here first if your question has already been answered!

These are the main topics that are covered in this thread, and these posts will be constantly updated with frequently requested Q&A.

Use CTRL+F to quickly search keywords for your inquiry. Please also try using the search function in the top right to see if your question has been answered before. If not, go ahead and ask them here! They may also be added to the main posts once answered. If your question is a bit more complicated and warrants its own discussion thread, please feel free to create one. This thread mainly focuses on simple questions that can be resolved in one post.

If you find any information that is incorrect or incomplete, please send me a PM to have it sorted out. The answers here may not be 100% accurate while we're still collecting information from various sources. Thank you!
How do I raise my island rating to two stars and how long will it take? (Have 7 villagers + 1 i just invited frim mystery tour)

How does one make a village desire to move out if they don't posses amiibo cards? I have 2 random move in villages who I am not thrilled with and would love to get rid of. I find conflicting information on this topic when I google it

Does anyone know how often the villagers mention about moving? Flora was the last one to mention about moving away, I think days ago.

I'm getting worried, I don't want someone moving without me knowing. :(

Also how many ramps can we have on the island?

How long does it take a flower to bloom after you plant a seed from the shop?
About 3 days. Since they bloom on their own, watering sprouts is unnecessary. Use your watering can on fully grown flowers instead.

How do I modify the river bed?

You need to unlock the Landscaping app (get K.K. slider to visit your island one time and get a 3-star island rating) and get the landscaping permits from Nookstop.

Last edited:
I am able to get a villager in boxes from another island if I have 10 villagers and one is in boxes?

Does ignoring a villager to make them move out still work? I remember in New Leaf, you could talk to a villager once and then ignore them for a week and they would usually move out. Does anyone know if that still works?

Can you make more rivers going out to the ocean?
Post automatically merged:

How do I turn autosave off?

Any ideas on how to stop crickets from spawning on a mystery island?
Trying make a scorpion farm but dang crickets are the only thing popping up

Back