• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Will visitors show up in your camp without an open plot of land? Want to avoid random villagers moving into plots

Does anyone know how often the villagers mention about moving? Flora was the last one to mention about moving away, I think days ago.

I'm getting worried, I don't want someone moving without me knowing. :(

To address your first question, it's fairly random. Any time after you get Resident Services I believe they can ask to move out. I have 7 villagers and had one of mine ask to move today.

The good news, though, is that to everyone's knowledge so far, if a villager is considering moving, they won't actually go through with it until you check in with them, and you're given the option of telling them go move or asking them to stay.

To address your first question, it's fairly random. Any time after you get Resident Services I believe they can ask to move out. I have 7 villagers and had one of mine ask to move today.

The good news, though, is that to everyone's knowledge so far, if a villager is considering moving, they won't actually go through with it until you check in with them, and you're given the option of telling them go move or asking them to stay.

Thanks! :)
and I just had Genji come up to me and said he was moving. (Not going to let that happen).

Do you always have to have crafting materials in your pockets, or will there be a feature where it can use them from your house storage????

i’m so confused: i haven’t had anyone over, yet a villager moved-in from another island??? i don’t get it :<

edit: ah, i figured it out, i must have picked them up from someone's void while i was visiting someone else rip ;-;

Last edited:
Is it possible for a random villager to move into your 10th plot? I heard it’s not possible but not sure if it’s confirmed?

Do you get penalized in any way for not having all villager personality types? For example, do you only get certain DIY recipes one type?
Post automatically merged:

Also, do the set outfits in Able Sisters ever change? I don’t like mine. :(

Last edited:
are the welcome amiibo villagers available in new horizons?
and if they are, can they only be brought in through amiibo or can they appear on islands?

Does talking to a villager in someone else’s island decrease the chances of you encountering the same villager on a mystery island?

Does anybody (probably TTers) know if the shop will eventually cycle through all available flower types, or are we stuck with a set amount? I had my fourth type show up a couple days ago and was wondering if that was all I'd be getting or if more may show up later. Thanks for any insight you guys can provide. :)

Is it possible for a random villager to move into your 10th plot? I heard it’s not possible but not sure if it’s confirmed?
It is possible! That's actually how I got my tenth villager.

Is there a guide with all furniture pieces and their customization options?

Does anyone know What Teddy's house looks like if he isn't one of your early move-ins? He was one of my original two villagers, so his house just has wooden block furniture. I'd like to know what it normally looks like so I can give him the furniture he's supposed to have.

are the welcome amiibo villagers available in new horizons?
and if they are, can they only be brought in through amiibo or can they appear on islands?
They'll appear on islands. I got Weber that way. However, the ones from non-AC amiibo will not.

Does anyone know What Teddy's house looks like if he isn't one of your early move-ins? He was one of my original two villagers, so his house just has wooden block furniture. I'd like to know what it normally looks like so I can give him the furniture he's supposed to have.
The wikis like Nookipedia normally have the interiors of their houses in all the past games they've been in and possibly NH :)

How does one make a village desire to move out if they don't posses amiibo cards? I have 2 random move in villages who I am not thrilled with and would love to get rid of. I find conflicting information on this topic when I google it

It's completely random - there doesn't seem to be anything you can do to get them to move out.

Does anyone know how often the villagers mention about moving? Flora was the last one to mention about moving away, I think days ago.

I'm getting worried, I don't want someone moving without me knowing. :(

A villager will never move out without asking you first, even if you don't log on for a year (someone tried this by TTing.) A villager seems to ask me to move out maybe once a week or so.

Does ignoring a villager to make them move out still work? I remember in New Leaf, you could talk to a villager once and then ignore them for a week and they would usually move out. Does anyone know if that still works?

No, it doesn't seem to work in this game, sadly.

They'll appear on islands. I got Weber that way. However, the ones from non-AC amiibo will not.

The wikis like Nookipedia normally have the interiors of their houses in all the past games they've been in and possibly NH :)

Yes, I checked there, but unfortunately they didn't have his NH house yet. I'm curious whether he has the same house design from NL, because I have yet to see most of his NL furniture in this game as of yet, and a lot of villagers seem to have gotten brand-new houses!

When does a villager move out? Carmen is leaving but she hasnt given a date yet???

hi yall! hope this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know whether or not the BB Tee is still in the game? i can't seem to find anything about it, and maybe its dumb but that was my fav clothing item!

hiiya how do you claim the pocket camp fortune cookie cart?

hiiya how do you claim the pocket camp fortune cookie cart?
Redeem it on your PC app and it'll give you a download code for the eShop and your ACNH game will download an update. You buy the PC items at the ABD.

When does a villager move out? Carmen is leaving but she hasnt given a date yet???
The following day, she will be in boxes.

How do we get the posters of the villagers?
Scan their Amiibo cards at Harvey's island and it'll appear in your ABD catalog.

Back