• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf DLC from Best Buy via Nintendo Zone (NA)

I hope these items can be re-ordered. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll be doing. Best Buy is far away from me.

There's a Best Buy 10 min (or less, depending on traffic) away from me, so this is awesome! :) I should have 4 characters by then, so if I can get 4 sets maybe I can share with someone.

I've never used the Nintendo Zone before though. Can I be in the Best Buy parking lot and access it, or do I need to be in the store? :confused:

There's a Best Buy 10 min (or less, depending on traffic) away from me, so this is awesome! :) I should have 4 characters by then, so if I can get 4 sets maybe I can share with someone.

I've never used the Nintendo Zone before though. Can I be in the Best Buy parking lot and access it, or do I need to be in the store? :confused:

From what I read, the access point for the Nintendo Zone might not be strong enough to access from the parking lot, so if it doesn't work you'll get a better connection if you move to the videogame section. So I say most likely, but you never know.

Very cool! Do you actually have to open New Leaf up when you're there, or can you just walk in with your 3DS in sleep mode and it will automatically download without you having to do anything?

Where did you get Future Shop from? All I can see is just Best Buy.

It's kind of important seeing as there are no Best Buys left on my island. Just Future Shops.

Where did you get Future Shop from? All I can see is just Best Buy.

It's kind of important seeing as there are no Best Buys left on my island. Just Future Shops.
It shows up when you click the link to search for a Nintendo Zone. Future Shop is owned by Best Buy, so I would think Future Shop would have it too.

Edit: Although Future Shop doesn't have the bundle, so... I might be wrong. D: The nearest Best Buy is a few towns away from me. >_<

It shows up when you click the link to search for a Nintendo Zone. Future Shop is owned by Best Buy, so I would think Future Shop would have it too.

Edit: Although Future Shop doesn't have the bundle, so... I might be wrong. D: The nearest Best Buy is a few towns away from me. >_<

I know they're the same company but the Nintendo post explicitly states Best Buy. :( They still act separately. Like the bundle as you pointed out. (I had to order mine online since my Best Buys are closed.... grumble grumble)

And there are Nintendo Zones at lots of places. Even Mcdonalds and Starbucks, haha.

I know they're the same company but the Nintendo post explicitly states Best Buy. :( They still act separately. Like the bundle as you pointed out.

And there are Nintendo Zones at lots of places. Even Mcdonalds and Starbucks, haha.
I know it explicitly says Best Buy, but for Future Shop to show up under the "Click here to find a Best Buy Nintendo Zone location near you." link, it seems to imply Future Shop as well. I'll send an email to Nintendo later and ask them.

Edit: I asked Nintendo about it. They were wrong when I asked them about the bundle though, so who knows if their answer will even be correct. :/ They told me they didn't know why EB Games in Canada didn't know about the bundle and failed to mention that it was a BB exclusive. -_-;

Last edited:
Does anyone here know if all Best Buys are Nintendo Zone locations? I tried using that Nintendo Zone finder tool and none of the Best Buys closest to me are showing up. Making me wonder if it's select few Best Buy locations.

i dunno... i like this dlc but i hate that it's exclusive to best buy

if only you could get it at mcdonalds or something too. haha

Very cool! Do you actually have to open New Leaf up when you're there, or can you just walk in with your 3DS in sleep mode and it will automatically download without you having to do anything?

I want to know the answer to this too!

I'm pretty sure you can just walk in the shop with the 3DS being put in Sleep Mode as long as you enabled SpotPass from both the system and the main menu of the game. I believe that each Nintendo 3DS is configured to automatically pick up Nintendo Zone hotspots informations.

I got a reply from Nintendo.
Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Firstly, I apologize if you received incorrect information from us before. When it comes to this promotion, as far as I'm aware, it is exclusive to Best Buy. The link you are talking about allows you to search for any Nintendo Zone in your area. While Future Shop may have Nintendo Zones, it doesn't sound like they will have these exclusive items for download.

As this promotion is still sometime away, keep in mind that this information may change. I can also tell this is very important to you, so I've forwarded your feedback to the appropriate departments at the company to use as they see fit. While I can't guarantee that this means retailers in Canada other than Best Buy will be participating, we do take all feedback into consideration.
I guess I'll try Future Shop, since it's close by, and if that doesn't work, I get to go on a quest to find a Best Buy. Oh, joy!
I told them that many people in Canada don't have Best Buys near them, only Future Shop. Maybe if enough people complain, Future Shop will get it too. ^^;

Back