• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf DLC from Best Buy via Nintendo Zone (NA)

As the person who asked Zen, I am relieved to hear that they're in as DLC. Hoping they're reorderable. Or they come to Europe.
In other DLC news, I'm hoping they do something for the tenth anniversary of e+ in Japan

Okay wait. We have to go to nintendo zones for this stuff?

|:< Well that's stupid, why can't they release them over wifi stuff like they're doing hte rainbow screen and the lamp plant? I can't get things that require me to drive all over the place for it! All the 'nintendo zones' around here are way too far for me to be comfortable driving too. -_- Ugh, Nintendo.

Okay wait. We have to go to nintendo zones for this stuff?

|:< Well that's stupid, why can't they release them over wifi stuff like they're doing hte rainbow screen and the lamp plant? I can't get things that require me to drive all over the place for it! All the 'nintendo zones' around here are way too far for me to be comfortable driving too. -_- Ugh, Nintendo.

No different than 7-11 japan dlc. Its probably a best buy endorsement of some kind.

Well at least the items don't sound super awesome or anything.

The difference between this and the 7-11 ones is that 7-11 is apparently huge in Japan and they have more locations than anywhere else in the world (14,579 according to Wikipedia, 1,956 being in Tokyo alone). While I'm sure there are some areas that don't have 7-11s, it sounds like you're much more likely to find a place to get your 7-11 DLC over there! |: I only know of one best buy around where I live and it's practically in Indianapolis and I'm not driving all that way. ._. Don't want to waste the gas and my anxiety would crush me before I even got that far. @_@

I'm pretty sure you can just walk in the shop with the 3DS being put in Sleep Mode as long as you enabled SpotPass from both the system and the main menu of the game. I believe that each Nintendo 3DS is configured to automatically pick up Nintendo Zone hotspots informations.

Alright, that's good then. I don't really want to have to fumble around with my 3DS a bunch while I'm in there.

The difference between this and the 7-11 ones is that 7-11 is apparently huge in Japan and they have more locations than anywhere else in the world (14,579 according to Wikipedia, 1,956 being in Tokyo alone).

At the same time, the difference between US and Japan are huge as well. Japan isn't even bigger than Texas so there really isn't anything in the US that could compare to frequency of 7-11 besides maybe starbucks or mcdonalds. I mean there are still places in the US that don't have cable! Its a huge country

Man, Best Buy is so far away from me. That's gonna be a pain in the butt bike ride. I really want that raccoon clock. I've wanted it ever since Wild World D:

Man, Best Buy is so far away from me. That's gonna be a pain in the butt bike ride. I really want that raccoon clock. I've wanted it ever since Wild World D:

If it's the same as the Tanuki clock, I can order one for you.

I actually have a couple on my two hour drive home from the office twice a week, so it should be no problem for me to get the DLC items....I am so excited!!!!

It's probably the tanuki clock. And I feels ya with that.
It's probably orderable. It looks like it's all stuff that was dummied out at the last minute. Personally I'm hoping one day Nintendo redistributes the Nintendo bench, and gives out some new stuff like NPC pics and shop models because that'd be cool.

Here's an image of what all of the DLC looks like:

It would be nice if they could just distribute them through spotpass, I don't want to drive all the way to best buy just to get some items for Animal Crossing.

I want that cat tower. ;-; Best Buy why you gotta be so far away. Also why do they all gotta be on main roads that make my driver's anxiety cry in terror.

I must have it. xD I'll have to find some way of getting one eventually. I am a crazy cat lady I need that thing.

Getting the clock from someone, so not going for that but the last three...will walk if I have to. Will..must get them

So that's where they turned up. They'll probably give this out in Japan, Korea and Europe as well, and considering the clock's reorderable, and the cat tower and suitcase were in that screenshot (in Re-Tail) I posted from last April's Nintendo Direct, it's probably reorderable. If it definitely is, please order me some becuse AWESOMENESS.

I'm confused why Best Buy when Nintendo Zones are in many places far closer to me. Shouldn't it work wherever Nintendo Zone is? Yet I'm reminded that were special pokemon that one could only get at Gamestop or Toys R Us. I'm going to try to get them all, but might not be able to. I believe I'll be able to get the suitcase though.

I'm confused why Best Buy when Nintendo Zones are in many places far closer to me. Shouldn't it work wherever Nintendo Zone is? Yet I'm reminded that were special pokemon that one could only get at Gamestop or Toys R Us. I'm going to try to get them all, but might not be able to. I believe I'll be able to get the suitcase though.
I am thinking that nintendo and best buy have a deal going on since best buy will be the only place to demo all e3 games that nintendo will be showing. even though best buy is one of many who have the nintendo zone thing

The cat tower tho... ;-; <3 So glad they gave photos now I can {maybe} Miss the suitcase and guitar, might go get them to trade them off for other DLC ^_^

Back