• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

So um how does this classify as an "autumn" update? I realize that it'll still be autumn when it releases, but that's like just before winter?

Also, why December? No one will be playing New Leaf then, everyone will be playing Sun and Moon. They should release it now while we're waiting.

I don't think that would matter much. The game is already 3 years old.

aw that sux thats a while away. good thing sun/moons releasing to keep most content. this is kinda like what they did with pokemon x/y and new leaf heh. they were released the same-ish time right? everyone was playin new leaf then they switched to x/y, this is gonna kinda be reverse if the update is more than just a new campsite... but i can tell theyre gonna be lazy OTL i mean the new title is welcome amiibo thats not promising

I don't know if this has been shared yet but have you seen that the update will clear weeds from towns, to encourage people to play again if they haven't for ages?

I've also seen some people theorising that ACNL is gonna be linked in to the mobile app, given that they're doing the update so close to the game which is now gonna be released in...March? What do you guys think?

I don't know if this has been shared yet but have you seen that the update will clear weeds from towns, to encourage people to play again if they haven't for ages?

I've also seen some people theorising that ACNL is gonna be linked in to the mobile app, given that they're doing the update so close to the game which is now gonna be released in...March? What do you guys think?

Is there going to be a mobile ACNL? That's pretty cool!

Do you think, that the K.K.-related amiibo (there is a card and a figurine) could bring us back the "old" music?

That would be awesome if they did that... I miss some of Wild World's hourly music, I loved the 8:00pm theme as it perfectly captured the essence of a nice quiet evening stroll around town--I'd hear this tune every time because that was time I usually played AC:WW.

Honestly, I just want to know if we'll be able to add more villagers to our towns. I mean all the new stuff is great and I'm excited for them but argggg!! Just let me know if we'll be able to increase the villager max from 10!!! They're adding a few new villagers so I figured that there just might be a chance that this is possible.

Is this a good thread to talk about the Sanrio/Nintendo collab amiibo cards because I'm SO excited. The Little Twin Stars sheep is my absolute favorite<3

Bringing new villagers into the mix will surely make things a lot more interesting. I'm hoping that we'll be given more slots for villagers, but somehow I highly doubt it'll happen.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't wait for the Sanrio cards! They're so cute! (except for the gorilla IMO)

Oh man, I'm super excited! Particularly for the Callie and Marie villagers. Also, I noticed that in the preview there were a few villagers from Animal Forest e+. I'm really hoping more of them return as well! (Particularly Megumi and Ketchup.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, the Sanrio villagers are adorable! I particularly love the Little Twin Stars sheep.

somehow i feel like they won't bring the sanrio characters to the west (i reeeeally hope they do though!)

half of me (the bad at saving money half) wants to get a japanese copy of the game just in case they're japan-exclusive

i'm happy that it's free, since i'm not old enough to get a job and earn my own money quite yet, and i already own an nfc reader and a few amiibo cards. but i'm scared that it'll take away things that i love about the game. the lack of information right is kind of nerve-wracking.

just last night i was thinking about how i was scared that a new animal crossing game would come out on a console i don't own and can't afford, thus leaving me behind everyone else. and this is kinda a new game, but it's really at no cost. i'd probably get a lot more use out of it if i owned more cards, but i can ask my mom for some for christmas. it's only 6 dollars a pack where i live!

but the main thing i'm wondering right now is, does this add to the max amount of villagers possible? and can you replace villagers? i'm also wondering if plot resetting works on the amiibos...

I am sooo pumped for the new packs of cards to come out! I want the sanrio characters!! >w<

Japan: November 23rd
New Zealand: November 24th
Great Britain: November 25th
North America: December 2nd

Most likely it will appear everywhere around that time.

For more information follow this reddit link.

Britain actually getting something released before America for once? WOAH!

Really hoping the non-Animal Crossing amiibo will unlock some cool furniture, I'd be pumped to get some Earthbound and Mother 3 furniture from my Ness and Lucas amiibo!

[...]
just last night i was thinking about how i was scared that a new animal crossing game would come out
[...]

I am totally with you, the idea of a new Animal Crossing always makes me scared.
But now I am relatively assured that maybe we will have some more time with the good old, a little revamped, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Have been really hoping that this update would have some new furniture and things that you could just get in game without using amiibo cards. Done some reading about it this morning and all I could find was it saying you could scan cards to get furniture....
I never bothered with the cards before, they're not exactly cheap and I never played home designer enough to justify me buying them. Think I'll be a bit disappointed come the update if the only changes they make are to do with the amiibo function :( I know that's a pretty big part of it, but I had hoped there would be enough things for people who hadn't got any cards.

Might have to get on Amazon and order a few packets when I get paid...

I hope that when you invite a villager to move in from the Happy Home Designer series, that they will have the house you designed for them from HHD! Then you could potentially buy some items from their house...

Back