• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Will I need to get some sort of external tech to read amiibo cards for the update then? :( I dont wanna spend more money but I mean.. if it does give a lot more benefits ill consider it. If it's just extra villagers I doubt ill invest in it ;-; and for designing homes in HHD and then transferring to ACNL, I dont even have HHD so idk but that sounds sooooo cool

You would need the new 3ds.. Or a card reader :) But no need to waste money, until you know if it would be worth it.

We don't know anything about the weeding yet, other than the single, vague tweet. The weeding badge is achieved by picking weeds, though, so if there is any automatical weeding, it won't count towards that badge.

T___T for some reason when I heard fall of 2016 I thought itd be September/October. Oh well, just one more month!

i bet knowing our luck the update won't be released until the end of nov ahah

still waiting on that nx announcement too... -___-

I don't wanna jinx it and have it somehow extended to Jan or something lol~ I also don't want to get my hopes up too much but im really hoping there's more than just simple amiibo functionalities in the update. Just a couple quality of life updates would be nice. However, if they introduce the crossover between decorating a villager's house in HHD and then transferring to ACNL (if the technology is possible) I would honestly probably buy HHD and the amiibo reader :p

I don't wanna jinx it and have it somehow extended to Jan or something lol~ I also don't want to get my hopes up too much but im really hoping there's more than just simple amiibo functionalities in the update. Just a couple quality of life updates would be nice. However, if they introduce the crossover between decorating a villager's house in HHD and then transferring to ACNL (if the technology is possible) I would honestly probably buy HHD and the amiibo reader :p

I am hopeful it is more than just reading Amiibo.
What if we can change our skin color? What if we can somehow use HHD to enhance NL?
I have no idea how "big" this update is going to be. But I'm hopeful.
And totally excited if it comes out before the holidays!

So, if we basically save a villagers house to their card when we use it in HHD, does that mean maybe we can start designing our villagers houses in new leaf?

Please Nintendo :)))

That would be sick. But I think it's unlikely >.<

I am hopeful it is more than just reading Amiibo.
What if we can change our skin color? What if we can somehow use HHD to enhance NL?
I have no idea how "big" this update is going to be. But I'm hopeful.
And totally excited if it comes out before the holidays!

Yeah, a bunch of additional details would be nice, like maybe adding more PWPs and fixing that horrendous bridge problem where you demolish a bridge but then can't put another back in its place. And just being more lenient with PWP placing in general.

The fall update will include a new feature called the amiibo Camera.

newfeature_img01.png
newfeature_img02.png

That's awesome, hopefully you can include your mayor/other characters as well. Maybe friends too?

Guys, we may know all 50 new amiibo cards as early as November 3rd since that is when the cards are being released in Japan. Seems as though the cards and the update are being released separately. Hopefully people post them online or on their tumblrs since that's how we found out about new and returing villagers in New Leaf when the game first came out.

omg i just had a thought imagine if we got as much pattern storage space as you do in hhd....

i doubt it but it would be sooooo good

Back