• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Honestly, I was really keen on the Amiibo update... Until I saw the direct.

Trailer park? I don't know, I'm not feeling it. Sure, it's a new, neat idea, but it won't suit every town - for example, my main town is a regal/fairy tale theme. I really don't want a trailer park in it.

I'm glad Nintendo is trying something new, but I'm no longer looking forward to this update. If it's optional, I'm probably not installing it. Sure, getting the lovely HHD furniture is tempting, and I'd love to use my Rasher amiibo card to get my number one dreamie... But not if it means adding this new area to my town (because it almost certainly won't be optional).

Just my two cents. Trailer Park Boys was hilarious, but I don't want it in my town.

Trailer park? I don't know, I'm not feeling it. Sure, it's a new, neat idea, but it won't suit every town - for example, my main town is a regal/fairy tale theme. I really don't want a trailer park in it.

I'm glad Nintendo is trying something new, but I'm no longer looking forward to this update. If it's optional, I'm probably not installing it. Sure, getting the lovely HHD furniture is tempting, and I'd love to use my Rasher amiibo card to get my number one dreamie... But not if it means adding this new area to my town (because it almost certainly won't be optional).

Just my two cents. Trailer Park Boys was hilarious, but I don't want it in my town.

It probably won't be in your town. It's being speculated that it's part of Main Street.

So apparently the release date's been announced as December 2nd.
It's kind of a winter one now. XD

So apparently the release date's been announced as December 2nd.
It's kind of a winter one now. XD

Yeah, I wish we could have it sooner. :( It's the same release day as Mario Maker 3DS, so it will be a busy day. xD

Last edited:
Japan is getting the cards on November 3rd (I presume the update will come out as well?).

So we may know all 50 villagers before December 2nd. I'll definitely be checking out the Japanese tumblrs and what-not.

I'm really hoping they implement HHD's option to remove windows from a room.

It's so awkward when you have certain wallpaper and then a window sitting in the middle of it. I don't need a window in the middle of my bookcase, or my... other window, or the...sky....

That's not cool at all. They don't even let you choose what you get, you buy a pack of Amiibo cards and hope that you'll get what you want. In the end, you could spend $100 and still not get what you want.

It's randomized DLC, which is a complete and total nightmare if you want something specific.

Like say they add the trumpet and saxophone to New Leaf via this method. I would LOVE to have them in my New Leaf game, but I am not going to spend a fortune to do so. I know darn well I would be spending a fortune to do so if I tried.

But here's the thing though. People can order the items from the catalog when they are inside of the vans. Which means you can simply ask someone here to buy the item you want for you if you give them the Bells or you can trade something from the game like a item or Bells for one. This is DLC that can be free for you! No need to spend real money. Heck unlike normal DLC you can let your friends borrow the amiibo cards or borrow someone else's amiibo cards and use them to get the villagers. Try doing that with actual DLC. So in reality the only thing you would probably be missing out is the villagers themselves if you don't use the cards. The furniture however should be able to get no matter what.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Campground is most likely located outside of Main Street like how the HHA houses are connected to the Main Street. My best bet is that it would be right next to the Museum. It's a perfect spot to add a path to the new Campground! Also if you don't have the Update you can't go online anymore.

Last edited:
1473685776100.jpg
Say goodbye to weeds, folks.
You haven't played in a while and don't feel like playing again because of all the weeds you'd find?
With this Fall's free update, all weeds will be done for!

Last edited:
View attachment 183327
Say goodbye to weeds, folks.

What if you LIKE weeds?!
Like in certain towns I want some weeds? What then?!
Getting the weed badge would be impossible for some people with 1-2 weeds per day.

Nintendo is banking on a lot of casual fans who have abandoned their towns and they don't want to come back because of weeds.

But for me with this news I'm freaked out right now. Is anyone else concerned on what this means?

I'm hoping it means that downloading the update will make all your weeds disappear, but it'll be possible for them to grow back later ^^;

What if you LIKE weeds?!
Like in certain towns I want some weeds? What then?!
Getting the weed badge would be impossible for some people with 1-2 weeds per day.

Nintendo is banking on a lot of casual fans who have abandoned their towns and they don't want to come back because of weeds.

But for me with this news I'm freaked out right now. Is anyone else concerned on what this means?

I'm convinced that they will ask you.. If you want help with the weeds o: Or atleast I'm crossing my fingers for that.

I'm hoping that we will still have the option to let weeds grow all over of the person wishes them to. I can't see them making it overly difficult as otherwise it would get rid of the weeding badge, since it would be far too difficult to obtain it.
I'm also hoping the update is going to be good for everybody, even those who don't have amibo cards like myself. Was a bit worried that it would finish the villager trade plaza, but from what I've seen, the cards you buy are entirely random? Like with Pokemon. There's no guarantee who you will get so I am assuming if you're just looking for one villager that could take a while if you're just buying the cards. I will probably buy a few if I have any spare money at the end of the month but I hope there will be lots of other things unrelated to amibo cards to enjoy

Last edited:
I'm hoping that we will still have the option to let weeds grow all over of the person wishes them to. I can't see them making it overly difficult as otherwise it would get rid of the weeding badge, since it would be far too difficult to obtain it.
I'm also hoping the update is going to be good for everybody, even those who don't have amibo cards like myself. Was a bit worried that it would finish the villager trade plaza, but from what I've seen, the cards you buy are entirely random? Like with Pokemon. There's no guarantee who you will get so I am assuming if you're just looking for one villager that could take a while if you're just buying the cards. I will probably buy a few if I have any spare money at the end of the month but I hope there will be lots of other things unrelated to amibo cards to enjoy

You can buy cards of specific villagers on Amazon, they are handy and also really cheap.

Aaaaah I just really want to have more than 10 villagers in the actual town! I wish they could expand the map or just allow more villagers as residents. 10 is not enough. Also, another personality type would be fun. Such as "intellectual" or "gothic" or just more variety in dialog. Pipe dreams.

Looking forward to the sanrio furniture though!

Back