• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Official Name: Animal Crossing "New Leaf"

I'm sure the name'll grow on everyone (or most), some folks needed time to warm up to "Jump Out", and the different character heights, so

Also, yeah the logo does look cheap.

I was getting used to JO but I knew, deep down, that wouldn't be the official North American (and other regions?) title. It'll grow over time! Usually when I play AC, I never think about the connected title anyway..I just think Animal Crossing! However, the logo does look like something...very quickly made. But eh whatever! As long as we get that 'early next year' release, that's all I want <33

I liked jump out, but i guess the referance to turning over a new leaf, reffering (i think) to all the new features is quite cool. I'll have to get used to saying it though!
xD

Yeah, the logo does look a little cheap in my opinion, i mean they just pasted the logo on there. they could have included some more trees, fruit and even a sign!

That logo looks like garbage >_<; the japanese one for doubutsu no mori is soooo much nicer looking

Jump Out was already an odd title.

Awesome Q1 is a million times better than "first half"... Hello to a February release!!!

Q1 is actually very exiting, March would be the latest it will be released, a LOT BETTER than May/June in my opinion.
It's only 4 months guys! Maybe less!! So exited god :').

I think the name 'New Leave' is cute, a lot better than Jump Out.

They said release is in the first quarter now?!

Oh man oh man oh man I'm so excited!! I feel like I did 10 years ago when I learned about the first game! :3

Where is everyone getting the Q1 window from? I've only seen "early 2013" which could still mean "first half." I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just saying..

Where is everyone getting the Q1 window from? I've only seen "early 2013" which could still mean "first half." I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just saying..

I don't know but people said it.. I didn't watch it but why would they say it if Nintendo didn't say it.. :')

I don't know but people said it.. I didn't watch it but why would they say it if Nintendo didn't say it.. :')

Because Reggie DID say "Early 2013" which many people could assume he meant Q1, but if he didn't specifically say Q1, people really shouldn't be spreading that around. It'd be a rumor.

I personally think "New Leaf" sounds a whole lot better! Because, you know (and I know someone else may have already said this), since Tortimer is retiring and YOU will take charge of the town, the whole idea of "turning over a new leaf" applies to this scenario, because you are the new leaf/mayor, and it'll be like a fresh start.

I honestly cannot wait for this game. I'm really excited now! I think the idea of playing the role of mayor is really cool and it's very different to the other games, and I just know it'll still have that same Animal Crossing vibe to it nonetheless.

Well early will at least mean the first few months. At least I hope so. One shouldn't be calling almost halfway through the year "early 2013".

Well early will at least mean the first few months. At least I hope so. One shouldn't be calling almost halfway through the year "early 2013".

I agree. But game companies..they choose poor words sometimes. I really, really hope they mean early as in what we're all thinking.

You have a point, LaughingDingo. All we can do is hope we're not misinterpreting what they said. Though, if we turn out to be wrong, Reggie should have stated it better.

I like New Leaf much better! Although I would have liked New Frontier better lol

I'm sure everyone will get used to New Leaf, although I thought it was kinda weird at first too.

Back