• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Official Name: Animal Crossing "New Leaf"

New Leaf is kind of a cute name, so I don't mind it :3
but I will agree with most others that the logo could look better. I feel like they shouldn't have put a black outline around the words "New Leaf" or that they should have added a black outline to "Animal Crossing" to sort of make things more cohesive.
But whatevs~
Also, I'm taking "early 2013" as the first half, maybe no later than early Q2. Maybe. We'll see :p

I don't care if they call it Animal Crossing Hates Your Mother. I just want a real release date. Early 2013 is good, but I want a date just so I know.

I don't care if they call it Animal Crossing Hates Your Mother. I just want a real release date. Early 2013 is good, but I want a date just so I know.
You are exactly right! :D

altough i would love a better logo, because this will not look very good at my shelf :(

It's a cool title, but my worry is that new players will get confused since New Leaf is at the top of the logo. "So the game is called New Leaf: Animal Crossing?" LOL

Glad to see Bertha is back. Hippos represent! :p

The other titles seemed to more reference the big features of the game.

I feel like "New Leaf" is really fitting because the series really feels like it's turning over a new leaf. It's the freshest looking animal crossing yet.

I liked the name Jump Out....but I also like the name New Leaf. I suppose I'm pretty happy with both names so New Leaf it is. :D

I think the name is awesome! And I also agree with the artwork. I think it's just the font they use that makes it kinda lame. But who cares? AC :D:D:D

Here's the video if nobody has posted it yet:

Nothing that special but still it's nice to see an English trailer for once.

My heart is beating so fast. Early 2013? I remember the trailer for Mario Kart 7 came out, I wanted it so badly, and the release date came and I had it. ...Soon it will be the same with Animal Crossing...

New Leaf sounds better than Jump Out in my opinion. We'll get used to it.

It's a cool title, but my worry is that new players will get confused since New Leaf is at the top of the logo. "So the game is called New Leaf: Animal Crossing?" LOL

Glad to see Bertha is back. Hippos represent! :p

Maybe when the title screen appears, the leaf will fall onto the logo, so you know that you say Animal Crossing New Leaf, not New Leaf Animal Crossing.

i like the name new leaf i thought jump out was in no relation to the game of animal crossing (with AC:GF being an exeption because that game was amaizing) new leaf reminds me of the furniture leafs

Jump Out is a good name, but so is New Leaf, as because it's so far the most innovative title since Wild World or Gamecube.

Because Reggie DID say "Early 2013" which many people could assume he meant Q1, but if he didn't specifically say Q1, people really shouldn't be spreading that around. It'd be a rumor.

DS and I are hoping for between late Feb/Early March if it doesn't come out in January. My birthday is in early Feb and his is in late March, so that release window would be a wonderful birthday present for both of us.

Well, I guess instead of Q1, early 2013 could be broken down like this

Early 2013
  • January
  • February
  • March
  • April
Mid 2013
  • May
  • June
  • July
  • Agust
Late 2013
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December

Hmm, New Leaf? I don't know if i like it or not..oh well!

Yeah, I prefer it over "Jump Out" as well. However, neither of the titles really do it for me. But that doesn't really matter. It's the quality of the game itself that matters!

Back