• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Official Name: Animal Crossing "New Leaf"

I really like New leaf, cause to me this version of AC it like an entirely fresh start, a clean slate, so New leaf is perfect.

So happy we got a trailer and official name for it. I for one love New Leaf, much better than Jump Out. Jump Out just sounds kind of stupid when you think about it.

Oh my gosh, this seriously made me scream out loud in excited. The name will take getting used to, but I'm actually glad it's not "Jump Out", I always felt ACJO looked silly... ACNL looks cool. :)

And oh my goodness, I love seeing ENGLISH in this game for once, hahaha. :D

Leaf it out lol, i've decided I don't really care about what its called it doesn't effect the game. The logo's kinda poor though

Not sure if like logo... :p It looks kind of.... photoshopped. You know, uh, unprofessional. But other than that, I loved the trailer, and the game looks awesome (not that it didn't before!) The name New Leaf is okay, but I'm not sure if it sounds as good to me as Jump Out. I'm sure I'll warm up to it though! :D Anyone think they are going to have commercials on TV, like CF did?

Does anyone remember when Japan first got true information about theirs (I mean, how long before giving the release date were they regularly giving info in their directs)? I am thinking that we should have a release date within the next month or so, and the release early next year (which is what Reggie said). It looks awesome to see it in English :D

Does anyone remember when Japan first got true information about theirs (I mean, how long before giving the release date were they regularly giving info in their directs)? I am thinking that we should have a release date within the next month or so, and the release early next year (which is what Reggie said). It looks awesome to see it in English :D

Information really didn't start coming through regularly until June 2012, but there was still some info that was getting released before then, but of course the game isn't going to be going through any changes except adding/taking out holidays.

I think the new name is okay. Not the best, not the worst. The logo could have been better, a lot better, but it's not bad. I'm just glad we finally saw it in English and got some info on it. I'll still refer to it as Jump Out and/or 3DS for a while, I'll probably stop when we see more on it or something.

Now that I've sat on the idea for a few hours, I really, really like New Leaf.

And not just because it reminds me of plants. I need this soooooo bad.

I've quite enjoyed the title since it was announced this morning! Turning over a new leaf!!!!!

This all reminds me so much back in 2002 when Nintendo announced that they were bringing the first game Animal Forest + over to NA and it would be named Animal Crossing. Fans were upset.. to say the least. CROSSING!? WHAT!? I didn't mind. :)

Now.... we missed one big piece of information this AM Nintendo. A set in stone release date. So I could STOP holding my breath!!!! But at least we got SOMETHING, and for that, I am thankful.

RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!! RELEASE DATE NOW!!!

ahem..... sorry.. LOL

There was an uproar about the Animal Crossing title? I completely missed it because I barely used the internet back then. xD

But I am really glad we finally have a title. I've sort of felt like until we had a title the game couldn't 100% officially exist in my head.

Meh, it's just a logo. It could have been made in paint for all I care. I just want the game!

Plus, "New Leaf" sounds simple. I think it even sounds better out-loud then going around saying "Animal Crossing: JUMP OUT". "Jump Out" fits a title like Mario rather then Animal crossing.

Back