• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Official Name: Animal Crossing "New Leaf"

I just don't really like the logo or the name, in my opinion.... Jump Out seems more of an "Animal Crossing" style, if you will.

I like the name but not the logo. The 'new leaf' part clashes with the 'welcome to animal crossing' part and the font and colour of the text don't match up. The wooden clock part also looks kind of vintage but the leaf is to neon to go with it...

turning over a new leaf is not a literal phrase, it means to start a new life, begin on a clean slate.
It doesn't actually mean another leaf falls from the tree. -.-

And how would I know? I'm not a native speaker so I am not able to know such phrases because we don't learn them in school.

I thought of that meaning as well because the German word for leaf is the same one as the word for page, and Germans would translate "to start a new life" with "to turn over to a new page" rather than "to a new leaf". Therefore, I thought that translating it with leaf would not sound very English.

Last edited:
And how would I know? I'm not a native speaker so I am not able to know such phrases because we don't learn them in school.

I thought of that meaning as well because the German word for leaf is the same one as the word for page, and Germans would translate "to start a new life" with "to turn over to a new page" rather than "to a new leaf". Therefore, I thought that translating it with leaf would not sound very English.

Well, turning a new page is actually a very good translation, as it means the same thing. "to start a new life, begin on a clean slate"

In my opinion I like the new name New Leaf against Jump Out.

I agree. Jump/fly out seemed really campy. I didn't enjoy it. The only thing I don't understand is that font, but then again, I've been used to using AC3DS and ACJO for a few months. Maybe I'm subconsciously trying to dislike it because it's new.

I don't know. No matter what, I'm just so damn excited!

The phrase "turn over a new leaf" most likely originates from the German saying. In English, "to leaf through a book" means to turn over pages in a book. So turning over a new leaf is the same as flipping to a new page of a person's life. :]

I like this title.

It reflects well on the new playstyle of the game and most importantly, the game itself.

Jump Out is ********.

I like the title "New Leaf", but the logo's design makes every bone in my graphic design student body chill to the core. The placement of the leaf is not where it should be, the font on New Leaf should be the same as the font used on Animal Crossing, and the colors on both titles aren't even the same! I like the title, but dislike the logo.

I really dont understand about people complaining about the logo. I bet you'd forget about it when you get the game. Obviously SOMETHING in the game is better than the logo, right?

Eh

:confused: o_e Not sure how I feel about it. I mean, sure, it's nice-sounding, but I'm not sure if I'm missing out on some sort of pun or something. "Jump Out" just makes so much more sense. It's 3D. I thought it had such a nice ring to it. *shrug* It is what it is I guess.

New Leaf is a reference to the phrase 'to turn over a new leaf' which basically means to start over in a new way. Which is pretty perfect for this game, actually.

Plus lolz items are leaves.

Back