• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Official Name: Animal Crossing "New Leaf"

They said Animal Crossing New Leaf is specifically coming in the next few months.

I'm hoping for a February release. March the latest.. But please, Feb.

FE: A would be neat to have as a title in May.

Man, I'm just so happy that it's been acknowledged and ready to go.

I'm sure everyone will get used to New Leaf, although I thought it was kinda weird at first too.
Ya. I thought JO sounded weird too, but I'm sure i'll get used to this too.

It just sounds weird. AC:NL like :\
but meh

Am I the only one who actually liked Jump Out? XD
The new title is....Meh.....guess I'll get used to it......And the logo looks cheap and ugly......
WHY CAN'T IT BE LIKE THE JAPANESE ONE?????!!

Honestly, they could call it Animal Crossing: Twilight is a good book series, and I'd still buy it. I don't care what the name is, I just want to play.

For fun, let's take a look back at the reactions to "Wild World" back in the day:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?2085-Official-AC-DS-name-change!

Jackie-Chan.jpg

that's just wrong
what's (what was) wrong with you guys?? xD
wild world is awesome
ac ds? wtf :D
animal crossing 3ds and animal crossing jump out both sound stupid
animal crossing new leaf doesn't sound too bad.. still hoping Europe will get another name (which is likely..)

Europe will probably get Let's go to a new leave!
Nah, Wild World had the same title everywhere, so I think Europe will get New Leave too.

Not sure if like logo... :p It looks kind of.... photoshopped.
It could be a teaser logo and they have made a better job with another logo that could be revealed in the coming months... unless they have confirmed that the logo we have seen IS official?

I don't really look at the logo, so I could care less. But the more I read the name, the more I like it, and after reading the reactions from Wild World, I know that the name change will blow over anyways. I thought Jump Out was okay, but New Leaf sounds more like an Animal Crossing title.

I remember heard about how City Folk is called "Lets go to the City" in Europe and I was really hoping they wouldn't be doing that in the US. xD

This game looks awesome, no doubt about it but it's just the name that I am a bit concerned about. Maybe it's just a name that we're all not used to, just seems strange to me.

JuiceBox, I'm loving the signature!

This game looks awesome, no doubt about it but it's just the name that I am a bit concerned about. Maybe it's just a name that we're all not used to, just seems strange to me.

JuiceBox, I'm loving the signature!
You have a point... I am still ehh with it.

But its a pretty good name

I love the new name! As soon as I heard it, I was like " Wow! Thats great! Never thought of that." And I like the logo too. :)

I'm okay with NL, but I still don't really understand to what the title is referring to. It can't only refer to the new colored leaves in case of re-colouring furniture.

Well, a new leaf. Like.. like a new leaf from a tree that has 1000 of leaves. I really don't get it. It's like they named it 'new grain of sand' or 'new blossom' or 'new-we-don't-know-what-to-name-it-but-it-is-still-an-innovative-game'

I'm okay with NL, but I still don't really understand to what the title is referring to. It can't only refer to the new colored leaves in case of re-colouring furniture.

Well, a new leaf. Like.. like a new leaf from a tree that has 1000 of leaves. I really don't get it. It's like they named it 'new grain of sand' or 'new blossom' or 'new-we-don't-know-what-to-name-it-but-it-is-still-an-innovative-game'

?bersetzung (German translation)
to turn over a new leaf
ein neues Kapitel aufschlagen
ein neues Leben anfangen
ein neues Leben beginnen

turning over a new leaf is not a literal phrase, it means to start a new life, begin on a clean slate.
It doesn't actually mean another leaf falls from the tree. -.-

Back