• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Official Name: Animal Crossing "New Leaf"

The new name is alright, but I did get used to Jump Out. Hearing that it will now be released in early 2013 makes me happy. I hope we don't have to wait much longer!!

I like New Leaf. It feels like there will be a lot of new features and new fun times to be had. I also think about the new furniture decorating when I hear it.

Now I have to change my signature thanks Nintendo, anyway I think new leaf is good
first we called it animal crossing 3ds then jump out now new leaf I think new leaf takes the cake imo :)

anybody able to tell me the basics of this morning's nintendo direct? i was at school.

anybody able to tell me the basics of this morning's nintendo direct? i was at school.

The videos are less than five minutes long combined.
In Japan it was basically just an overview and in America it gave the official title and was basically an introduction to what the game of Animal Crossing really is about and how ACNL shows that and includes the new features.

I've put my opinion on tumblr so why not here?
"I like the logo, I just think it needs more oomph. They have time to fix it, if they so choose to. I like the name. It’s a bit lame, I know, but leaf = the main icon, and everything’s new and you're the mayor for Christ’s sake. A whole bunch of new in an Animal Crossing fashion. It’s not all bad, sure some things could be improved, but there are way more pros than cons."
I really like "New Leaf" because of the pun it entails and the fact everything is like new again. The logo could use some work, albeit a cute idea in my opinion. Perhaps the leaf in a different spot. It looks so flat and dull, however. Someone on tumblr (can't remember who) said they'd like it to be like the signs in the English trailer, and I agree. They sort of popped out and had something to 'em. But I digress. I really like the title change, but it'll take a few days to get used to it c:

I agree with those who are kind of gaga over the "early 2013" thing. It makes me hopeful for February/March ouo

But I digress.

Immediately thought of Blathers, lol.

But, anyway, I like the name. It makes sense, and it fits with the series. I knew "Jump Out" was not going to be the English title, because it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. I'm glad it isn't named "Jump Out"; I always thought that sounded so odd.

Apparently a lot of people are making a big deal about the leaf in the logo looking lame. I don't really think that at all. I don't have any problem with that leaf in the logo. I'm actually relieved that they've finally changed it up a little. My only issue is where they put the leaf on the logo. It looks like "New Leaf Animal Crossing" where it is. Plus, I'm accustomed to smaller words in an upper corner being like a 'feature' of the item. Like "Now with 25% less sugar!" or something. I kind of laughed. THE GAME HAS NEW LEAF GUYS. Simply moving the leave to under the main logo would make me much happier. Heck they could even have a little 'wind' swirl showing the leaf as newly fallen too. So it's literally a new leaf.

If you think about it, the leaf on the logo would look odd anywhere else but where it is now. If it were on the bottom right, it would look like it is hanging too low and it would look awkward. The way it's positioned on the top makes it look as if the leaf fell on top of the sign. I do think it looks strange, but I guess they wanted to have a leaf in the logo (because of the title), and like I said, it would look awkward anywhere else. I'm sure they probably tried placing it down the bottom.

But what I don't get is that font on the leaf. Ugh. Such a bold yellow color outlined in black? Why? It would've been better if they picked a more natural-looking font and color, and didn't outline it in black. It looks like they're trying to sell a used car by placing an obnoxious, in-your-face sticker on the windshield. Just my opinion.

I love the name and the logo. Simple, to the point, and is enough to show that this is a "new" direction for the series.

If you think about it, the leaf on the logo would look odd anywhere else but where it is now. If it were on the bottom right, it would look like it is hanging too low and it would look awkward. The way it's positioned on the top makes it look as if the leaf fell on top of the sign. I do think it looks strange, but I guess they wanted to have a leaf in the logo (because of the title), and like I said, it would look awkward anywhere else. I'm sure they probably tried placing it down the bottom.

But what I don't get is that font on the leaf. Ugh. Such a bold yellow color outlined in black? Why? It would've been better if they picked a more natural-looking font and color, and didn't outline it in black. It looks like they're trying to sell a used car by placing an obnoxious, in-your-face sticker on the windshield. Just my opinion.

Took the words right out of my mouth, kind of hope it's a temporary logo, but that doesn't seem very likely.

Yeah, the yellow with black border does look out of place. A more orange color for the letters would have been nicer since the main letters are closer to orange, and orange on green looks nicer than yellow on green. Plus the main letters have no black outline so I dunno why they did that.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. The whole text is weird. Odd colour and font choice.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. The whole text is weird. Odd colour and font choice.

Mmhm. To be honest I like the placement of the leaf, but the text just seems a little...eh. I think it'd probably look better if they went with the original AC font, but then again there is limited space and it might look block-y (too much bulk?) that way.

Back