• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

*NEW REWARDS UP* Club Nintendo shutting down

I hope the new rewards program have better stuff than current reward program. I still have 255 coins... I have no idea what I want to spend it on. Lol. Oh well, I'm excited to try out the new Flipnote 3D. I also won't buy the new 3DS. It's waste of money in my opinion.

I actually have a ton of game codes and my 3DS XL code that are sitting next to my bed, hopefully I can redeem them for something good in this new system. ^_^

It's sad to see the thing go, but then again I haven't done anything with it besides a free Super Metroid, Mewtwo DLC, Smash 4 soundtrack, and eventually Flipnote Studio 3D (You guys have no idea how long I've waited for this).

I actually have a ton of game codes and my 3DS XL code that are sitting next to my bed, hopefully I can redeem them for something good in this new system. ^_^

They won't work with the new system. If you've not used your Club Nintendo codes when Club Nintendo closes, that's it, they're gone. It's the reason they're no longer giving Club Nintendo codes away with newly released games anymore.

It'll probably just be a similar thing anyways. -shrugs-

I actually liked Club Nintendo...It was free stuff for buying games I would buy anyway. I got some neat things just by buying games like I usually would.

It's essentially "well done for being you". Arguing that the stuff is bad kind of struck me as pointless as, well, it's free...
What are Sony or Xbox giving you for just buying games? The content they cut out of the finished game and packaged as DLC? Whooo....Thanks.

I just wonder what this 'new rewards' thing is going to be. Seems odd to shut down Club Nintendo only to open a new system that sounds the same.

I thought that was when club nintendo codes stopped working?

The codes stop working sooner.

Nintendo said:
1/20/2015 - Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015 - Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015 - Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

Lol @ people asking for non-crap rewards

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hope they actually do put up a nice list of downloadables next month, watch they'll just add 4 more like they did last time.

I just wonder what this 'new rewards' thing is going to be. Seems odd to shut down Club Nintendo only to open a new system that sounds the same.
As long as the website for it works. I have way too many problems with the current (Dutch) Club Nintendo site, which is mostly hella slow loading. Logging in takes about a minute if not longer, opening the My Account page takes about three.

As long as the website for it works. I have way too many problems with the current (Dutch) Club Nintendo site, which is mostly hella slow loading. Logging in takes about a minute if not longer, opening the My Account page takes about three.

Glad I'm not the only one, I've never seen anyone mention the lag that it has to just sign on, it's pretty severe but after that it'll be okay.
It sure could use some cosmetic updates as well, that'll obviously be part of the package.

Why a random game like Flipnote? Why not give a choice between a few apps?

I thought it seemed random too, but at the same time not shocked. It hardly seems like a reward, more of a "here give this to them now so they can try something else that isn't a standard game" and they semi force it on you so you can't say they never tried to make anything new.

Why a random game like Flipnote? Why not give a choice between a few apps?
I would agree that we need more apps than just Flipnote, but then again Flipnote Studio 3D has been delayed for an entire year and Nintendo just pushed it aside hoping that everybody will forget about it.

People who've gotten to Elite status will get to choose another game, though they haven't announced what games we can pick from.

Okay good I misunderstood that lol It feels like there's a lot details in this to look at.
Plus they make it hard to look at by saying all the different cut off dates....

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well this could partially explain why the 2014 ending year prizes were just DL games instead of actual prizes.

It is to bad but i am going to try to get some last rewards before it shuts down,If anyone has some extra pins please PM me thanks. Also hopefully it gets easier to get rewards in the new one.

Last edited:
I'm honestly very curious as to what the new system would be, since they felt the need to shut this one down in favor of that one. I wonder if given time, we'd be able to earn ourselves some free DLC for games we already own. I don't mean exclusive DLC in particular, though that might be interesting as well. I mean DLC that already exists for games that are at a certain value.

I don't know that's very likely, but it's kind of a fun thought.

well I hope they put up some decent physical rewards I still have like 700 points left...
I wish they'd just release those pikmin keychains EU got in NA ):

I need 60 more coins to get Elite....

Also, I guess it's time to finally stop putting off buying Grill off With Ultra Hand... But I got no coins...

Back