• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

*NEW REWARDS UP* Club Nintendo shutting down

Honestly I am disappointed that Club Nintendo is shutting down, because I don't have a Wii U and I like the games on the Wii that you can get off of it.

it's probably just gonna be the same thing with "new" slapped on it, like the new 3ds lol

It's just going to be 'Club Nintendo XL'. Exact same thing but the text is bigger.

Honestly I am disappointed that Club Nintendo is shutting down, because I don't have a Wii U and I like the games on the Wii that you can get off of it.

I...erm...well........I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Club Nintendo shutting down isn't going to stop you from buying or playing Wii games.

I'm glad. I joined because I wanted a cool elite present like that mario figurine back in like 2010? maybe. It's the only reason I joined because I wanted something like that but come around my first elite present time and it's just digital games and posters and it got worse every year. And it's just been a big waste of time. I did get some cool things though so it wasn't all that bad >.>

I hope the new thing isn't just more digital games but I feel like it is...

[...]

Club Nintendo shutting down isn't going to stop you from buying or playing Wii games.

To supplement this point, Club Nintendo has stopped counting the coins earned by purchasing anything from Wii/Wii Mode ages ago.

I'm glad. I joined because I wanted a cool elite present like that mario figurine back in like 2010? maybe. It's the only reason I joined because I wanted something like that but come around my first elite present time and it's just digital games and posters and it got worse every year. And it's just been a big waste of time. I did get some cool things though so it wasn't all that bad >.>

I hope the new thing isn't just more digital games but I feel like it is...

Nintendo of America has told that the next batch of Gold and Platinum rewards are going to be download-only as opposed to physical ones. And they'll arrive on April 2015 as opposed to July 2015, the latter of which will be when Club Nintendo completely offline.

To supplement this point, Club Nintendo has stopped counting the coins earned by purchasing anything from Wii/Wii Mode ages ago.

Nintendo of America has told that the next batch of Gold and Platinum rewards are going to be download-only as opposed to physical ones. And they'll arrive on April 2015 as opposed to July 2015, the latter of which will be when Club Nintendo completely offline.

Good thing I didn't even bother putting in codes this year. I don't even buy enough games to get Platinum anymore.

Good thing I didn't even bother putting in codes this year. I don't even buy enough games to get Platinum anymore.

That's a weird time to say "good thing", good thing you didn't put your codes in to get whatever free stuff out of it you could and you probably could have....?

no they didn't, i redeemed the coins for my wii games today

- - - Post Merge - - -

does anyone know where the code for the wii (not the wii games) is?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Last time I downloaded Wii VC games, even the latest ones didn't gave me a survey to fill. So, it turns out that only VC and WiiWare games won't be giving coins anymore.

To register a Wii Console, you'll need to look up for its serial number and type it in on Club Nintendo. You can find it on your Wii's bottom side or in its packaging. This'll give you at least 100 coins.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Wii codes are on a case by case basis.

I bought a few Wii games at Christmas with the Club Nintendo codes still unused, but they had all expired and could no longer be used (except one which didn't have an expiry date, though I assume it also expired).

At this point, I assume only Wii games that were released towards the 'end' of the Wii's life will work/be in date.

It's just going to be 'Club Nintendo XL'. Exact same thing but the text is bigger.

Ah this made me smile. c;

And I think they just meant that they won't be able to get free Wii games for coins anymore.

I too am wondering what could possibly be different about a new rewards program though. It must be different or what would the point be of shutting down CN in the first place? But I don't really see what you could change that drastically. I guess we'll see!

Ah this made me smile. c;

And I think they just meant that they won't be able to get free Wii games for coins anymore.

I too am wondering what could possibly be different about a new rewards program though. It must be different or what would the point be of shutting down CN in the first place? But I don't really see what you could change that drastically. I guess we'll see!

Yea, I'm really wondering what the 'updates' to the new system will be because there's not much I feel that they couldn't have just added to the existing Club Nintendo.

Maybe they're simply just changing the system to a world wide thing rather than having each region separated with different 'CN currencies' and different gifts. If what I hear about them wanting to abolish region locking is true, this would make the most sense.

Maybe they might add more ways to earn 'currency'. I dunno, maybe an 'achievement system' where with certain milestones on 'new Club Nintendo' you get extra points, like register 20 games and get xxx amount of bonus coins.

I would honestly like the first thing I said though. It will get rid of the complaints about certain regions having 'bad gifts' and instead give us all the same 'bad gifts', so less complaining from fans. Not to mention I could import games and their Club Nintendo codes would still work on my UK account.

lolol they're called stars not coins for EU club nintendo. that's funny.
Because it's a different currency. Full games (meaning not eShop-exclusive stuff) give 250 stars, while from what I've read on these forums, the coin system gives 100 coins for hardware. I believe the stars amount for hardware is like 500 or 750.

When people around here say they have 3000 coins, it's a lot more impressive than a person saying they have 3000 stars. There's very few things in the Star Catalogue you can buy with 3000 stars.

Yea, I'm really wondering what the 'updates' to the new system will be because there's not much I feel that they couldn't have just added to the existing Club Nintendo.

Maybe they're simply just changing the system to a world wide thing rather than having each region separated with different 'CN currencies' and different gifts. If what I hear about them wanting to abolish region locking is true, this would make the most sense.

Maybe they might add more ways to earn 'currency'. I dunno, maybe an 'achievement system' where with certain milestones on 'new Club Nintendo' you get extra points, like register 20 games and get xxx amount of bonus coins.

I would honestly like the first thing I said though. It will get rid of the complaints about certain regions having 'bad gifts' and instead give us all the same 'bad gifts', so less complaining from fans. Not to mention I could import games and their Club Nintendo codes would still work on my UK account.

Those are both good ideas, one worldwide program would be great honestly.

If they actually called it "New Club Nintendo" I would lose it, haha. I really think they should.

Because it's a different currency. Full games (meaning not eShop-exclusive stuff) give 250 stars, while from what I've read on these forums, the coin system gives 100 coins for hardware. I believe the stars amount for hardware is like 500 or 750.

Hardware actually gives you 1,000 stars. Well, at least the 3DSxl and (for some reason) 2 Wii U's did for me.

I actually prefer having stars. Dunno why. Maybe because it's a little bit more 'unique' than simply having 'coins'.

Hardware actually gives you 1,000 stars. Well, at least the 3DSxl and (for some reason) 2 Wii U's did for me.
I was going off memory and didn't remember it being that much. That's quite a good amount to get for consoles.

I am really bummed about Club Nintendo closing... I joined in November for the first time, and I love the goodies I have gotten/am going to get (Zelda, Mario games cases, SSB CD). I should have joined eons ago... I cringe thinking about all the coins I have let expire through the years.

That being said, does anyone know how to be alerted on a phone when the new rewards are posted in February? I am guessing that they will sell out REALLY fast, and I want to spend my coins on physical items before they disappear.

Thanks in advance!

I am really bummed about Club Nintendo closing... I joined in November for the first time, and I love the goodies I have gotten/am going to get (Zelda, Mario games cases, SSB CD). I should have joined eons ago... I cringe thinking about all the coins I have let expire through the years.

That being said, does anyone know how to be alerted on a phone when the new rewards are posted in February? I am guessing that they will sell out REALLY fast, and I want to spend my coins on physical items before they disappear.

Thanks in advance!

I wish there was a way. :( I'm just gonna stay up till midnight that night and see if they go up then.

Back