• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

*NEW REWARDS UP* Club Nintendo shutting down

I need 60 more coins to get Elite....

I need 580. ;-; Time to dig out all the games I haven't registered yet, since nothing's interested me since the Zelda/Animal Crossing game cases last year.

Hopefully they'll come out with a decent selection of games to choose from. I'm also curious as to what the "exclusive reward items" will be...

To me the whole "new rewards program" is kind of odd. They didn't make it very obvious and could've easily been skipped over. I still feel like the whole announcement had a really somber tone to it, and you would think it would've been a bit brighter had they emphasized the fact that a new system is coming. Idk something about it doesn't feel right to me and I predict this new program will be on a much more smaller scale.

I'm a little late about the Club Nintendo situation, but one can see this coming even before it's announced. The way that Club Nintendo operates (most specifically Nintendo of America) is mostly designed for the Wii/DS era, and progressively became outdated as the program isn't seamlessly implemented on every system that supports Nintendo Network framework in first place. Then, joining Club Nintendo, registering games and claiming rewards are so ridiculously easy to do that there will be naturally a lot of people flocking on there whenever there's a new reward or announcement. I believe that the server is probably running a poorly-made netcode that couldn't handle this many people, therefore glitches and massive slowdown comparable to dial-up Internet will occur intermittently while the server is congested. That's why Club Nintendo is very hard to manage nowadays and is ripe for being replaced by a new loyalty program.

tl;dr version: Club Nintendo (most specifically NOA's) is so outdated by the already bad design that they couldn't fulfill their promises seamlessly anymore since a long while.

As for my coin balance, I currently have 360 coins and I plan to raise it up to at least 400 coins, since they're going to have new rewards. I hope that they won't be as expensive as they would normally be. Who knows Nintendo might want to get rid of every physical reward they currently have.

I have.. 1,295 coins, and I have a few surveys I need to complete. Whatever the reward is, I can provably get it. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or rewards since there will be more than 1.

i have 555 coins and only need 130 for platinum since they said they're still doing those this year but in april if i remembered correctly :>

also i'm glad CN is going away goodbye ultra-hand and dsiware games. but i'm sooo excited for flipnote 3D me and my friends used to make so much flipnotes on the dsi and we had good times on flipnote hatena and that's where i met most of my friends and gosh it means a lot to me that we're finally getting it ;w;

I have.. 1,295 coins, and I have a few surveys I need to complete. Whatever the reward is, I can provably get it. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or rewards since there will be more than 1.

Ugh thank you for making me feel better about my coin amount. I've got over 1000 as well, and I thought I had too many, in comparison to others posting ~_~ Don't wanna be left with a billion prize points for squat to spend it on.

But they say DOZENS of games then I'm going to probably be overloaded with NES and SNES here soon. Let's hope they add some GBA for WiiU as well. Oh boy I hope they add Volleyball and Pinball for NES *giddy*

- - - Post Merge - - -

also i'm glad CN is going away goodbye ultra-hand and dsiware games.

Ugh literally the only reason I'm glad it's going away. Tired of DSi & WiiWare/VC showing up. It bugs me right now that Super Metroid for WII is up when they could just give us the WiiU one already. But ok.

As for my coin balance, I currently have 360 coins and I plan to raise it up to at least 400 coins, since they're going to have new rewards. I hope that they won't be as expensive as they would normally be. Who knows Nintendo might want to get rid of every physical reward they currently have.

I imagine they'll be trying to 'clear out stock' since a lot of Club Nintendo rewards already seem to be stuff they want to get rid of like old DS accessories and Wii/DSi store credit.

I expect they'll throw up a few download titles, even here in the UK store where we don't usually get them.
If anything, just so you can't say "I couldn't spend my points, everything was sold out". If new download titles are up, most people won't have that excuse since there was at least something to spend points on.

So its very likely I'll have had platinum for every year CN was active in NA. Just need it for the current year, and I'm (not) gold.

Feels weird.

Last edited:
I hope they bring out some better rewards in Europe before it closes. I redeemed a bunch of codes before I realised the selection was so bad, so it would be nice to spend them on something decent.

put the gold wii remote, or those Game & Watch DS games, the Hanafuda cards back up

Last edited:
Rip Club Nintendo
Thanks NA for years of mediocre rewards
:')

Rip Club Nintendo
Thanks NA for years of mediocre rewards
:')

Considering this is never something they had to do, and essentially gave things out for free, one can't be too choosy. Nicer rewards would have been nice,sure, but they do have some pretty cool things on there (at least in my opinion). I got Windwaker HD for free because I had an account there, as well as Mario Kart 64 or Super Mario World. I can't remember which. One of them I bought, the other, I didn't.

I was late to the party on Club Nintendo, and registered a bunch of my titles a few weeks ago. I got one of the last Zelda game cases, which came earlier this week. Have some follow-up surveys to take, and will see if I can scrounge up any more titles. Might be able to get something else before it goes away.

Will be interesting to see what the next reincarnation of it has to offer.

Despite Flipnote Studio 3D coming out, it will not have an online service for America. We will be stuck with the studio and no gallery to share what we make! As an animator, I am appalled that they have the nerve to mislead hoping fans like this! It is a mockery!

In fact, why don't I just stick to the regular flipnote studio on my DSi and just upload them to Sudomemo! At that point, at least SOMEONE is seeing them. T-T

Proof is in the pudding: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...int_to_a_stripped_back_and_offline_experience

Last edited:
Considering this is never something they had to do, and essentially gave things out for free, one can't be too choosy. Nicer rewards would have been nice,sure, but they do have some pretty cool things on there (at least in my opinion). I got Windwaker HD for free because I had an account there, as well as Mario Kart 64 or Super Mario World. I can't remember which. One of them I bought, the other, I didn't.

I mean of course they have some cool things but I'm just salty that other regions got better stuff but whatevs, it's all gravy.
I just hope this new rewards program is a little sweeter.

Shame its shutting down. Hopefully the new reward system has awesome stuff.

Back