• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New way of getting the golden shovel

Landmineman4000

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Just thinking about the new swimming feature remember the trailer where that boy dived down?
What if you could find a secret cave underwater where you find a treasure chest that has the golden shovel in it
the cave only appears on a certain day and you can see it as a shadow in the ocean if you dive there you go into the cave!
It would at least be a bit harder and cooler then burying it.
Just leave your opinion about this :cool:.

Love the idea but I don't know...sounds a little too easy to just get a golden shovel. I doubt they'd change it too.

The golden axe

Talking about the golden shovel makes me think.
How do you think we are gonna get that golden axe this time?
Fountain or Pascal or something completely new.
I prefer something new.

Well in all the games, getting the golden shovel is supposed to be the easiest out of all the gold items. We'll probably just bury it again but I liked how in the GC version, we had to wait for it to turn into a tree after burring it in the shiny spot.

My thoughts on tools,
gold shovel should go back to how it was on game cube with the glowing hole and the gold tree
gold axe could be attached to balloons and be moving fast and you have to sling shot it down
or get it from happy room academy when your house score is high
also i think there should be fake gold tools or silver that crazy redd sells and when you try to use them they break.

Maybe you could buy some scuba gear from a shop then dive down to the cave. Inside the cave is a chest (its there everyday) and inside is pitfall/fossil(most likely) furniture(less likely 1 in 15-25 shot) and the grand prize is a golden shovel (rare 1 in 75-100 shot) you can only get one gold shovel per person though.

No don't really like that idea

Well in all the games, getting the golden shovel is supposed to be the easiest out of all the gold items. We'll probably just bury it again but I liked how in the GC version, we had to wait for it to turn into a tree after burring it in the shiny spot.

Yeah, I suggested this ages ago (thief!) I hope this is what they do though, or something similar

My thoughts on tools,
gold shovel should go back to how it was on game cube with the glowing hole and the gold tree
gold axe could be attached to balloons and be moving fast and you have to sling shot it down
or get it from happy room academy when your house score is high
also i think there should be fake gold tools or silver that crazy redd sells and when you try to use them they break.
Why would the gold axe be on a balloon? The gold slingshot already is, that makes much more sense. I'd like them to go back to the shovel trees, but I don't like the Redd fake idea.

My Tool ideas

Shovel
Silver - bury normal shovel and dig up silver after 2 days.
Gold - Bury normal shovel in shining spot and let tree grow than shake tree.

Axe
Silver - get by buying 50 trees.
Gold - get by having 2 of each fruit tree and prefect town for a week.

Slingshot
Silver - by shooting down 10 presents than must shoot it down.
Gold - by shooting down 20 presents than shooting it down.

Fishing rod
Silver - by catching than selling 10,000 bells worth of fish.
Gold - by catching all the fish types in game.

Watering can
Silver - by buying 20 bags of flowers.
Gold - by buying 50 bags of flowers.

My Tool ideas

Shovel

Axe

Slingshot

Fishing rod

Watering can

that's way too easy... before you know it everybody would have golden tools.

Maybe there will be a completely new tool
What about...
Make something up.
we dont need a new tool

My Tool ideas

Shovel

Axe

Slingshot

Fishing rod

Watering can
what... no

that's way too easy... before you know it everybody would have golden tools.
this is why

My Tool ideas
Shovel

Actually, since this topic is about the shovel I kinda like this idea but I would like to change it up. As we all know, getting the golden shovel is supposed to be the first and easiest of the golden tools.

To get the golden shovel, instead of buying a normal shovel and planting it in a shining spot and waiting for the tree, we should instead get a sliver shovel (either by gift from resseti or bury the normal to get a silver) then plant the sliver shovel in the golden spot. That way it's still easy but you have to work a little harder.

Actually, since this topic is about the shovel I kinda like this idea but I would like to change it up. As we all know, getting the golden shovel is supposed to be the first and easiest of the golden tools.

To get the golden shovel, instead of buying a normal shovel and planting it in a shining spot and waiting for the tree, we should instead get a sliver shovel (either by gift from resseti or bury the normal to get a silver) then plant the sliver shovel in the golden spot. That way it's still easy but you have to work a little harder.

My ideas were just jumping of points. Kaiaa edited one of them and I like what she did.

Why would the gold axe be on a balloon? The gold slingshot already is, that makes much more sense. I'd like them to go back to the shovel trees, but I don't like the Redd fake idea.
I did not know that you get the golden sling shot off the balloons lol

I did not know that you get the golden sling shot off the balloons lol
It appears randomly after you shoot down a certain number of presents. It takes three shots to get it, instead of one. This is partially to make it more difficult, and partially because the golden slingshot gives you three shots.

Hmm, I don't like that idea because the task you must complete in order to get the golden tool is related to the tool itself, i.e. you have to do some digging to get the golden shovel. Finding it in a water cave isn't really related to digging. You could find something else in it, like rare furniture or whatever.

I'm fine with just burying it in the golden spot and waiting for a tree to grow. I think it'd be nice if it was a little harder though. I know it's supposed to be easy, but c'mon, it doesn't have to be that darn easy.

Back