• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo of America confirms first half of 2013 release for America

Told ya so!

Not that I am claiming to be an expert at this because I knew this was coming (I am not, because it was very easy to deduce from NOA's treatment of the game). I'm only saying it because the continuous denial of this obvious 2013 release was getting really annoying.

I, mean, come on, they didn't even show it at E3 2012. Honestly, we're lucky we're getting it before E3 2013 at that rate.

Told ya so!

Not that I am claiming to be an expert at this because I knew this was coming (I am not, because it was very easy to deduce from NOA's treatment of the game). I'm only saying it because the continuous denial of this obvious 2013 release was getting really annoying.

I, mean, come on, they didn't even show it at E3 2012. Honestly, we're lucky we're getting it before E3 2013 at that rate.

It's not like we always know the release dates. I mean, we seriously got ACCF first!

I do believe its E3 2013.

If it's reassuring to anyone, there will be a ton of videos on youtube and nicovideo of the game in Japanese. So by the time it comes out everywhere else, we'll know quite a bit about it.

If it's reassuring to anyone, there will be a ton of videos on youtube and nicovideo of the game in Japanese. So by the time it comes out everywhere else, we'll know quite a bit about it.

And I suggest everybody to resist the temptation.

We are going to be waiting a while for this game. While the fun is in playing it, learning everything about it when the game is still so far out for us can end up burning us out. We want to enjoy learning when we start playing the game.

Some games can manage to be completely spoiled to us and we still love them (as is what happened with Pokemon Gold for me, I had a Japanese guide a while before G/S came out and saw every little part of the game and each new Pokemon). However, this is Animal Crossing we're talking about. Hype wasn't even needed to be disappointed with the disaster that was CF.

That is true, I am going to try not to watch any videos in Japanese, and I ask you guys if you post one, to put it in a spoiler please.

I agree.
I'm not suggesting an all out avoid the information situation, but it'll still end up on TBT regardless of who wants to avoid the information. But if you do want to keep it completely spoiler free until it comes out.. I really don't know. lol

I agree with that also, Nintendo could have given me a solid brick of gold with CF and I'd still had been disappointed with it.

Does it suck that we have to wait even longer well yes, but at least there is a time period that it will be out. The first one came out in 01 and Wild world in 05 and City folk in 08 and now this one in 13, really I would wait even longer if that meant that all the bugs and everything was worked out with the game.

Nintendo does a really good job at debugging and making sure their games are problem free.
So I wouldn't worry about bugs, right now I think it's just a matter of sales. The game should be done and ready at this point.

It is really gonna suck when the Japan version is out because then I shall be tempted to watch. I'm gonna try to keep it down, I'll probably just give in though. I don't know. Depends how long I have to wait, once I get the Wii U a month later I'd probably forgotten all about AC: J0

Was expected.
Not disappointed though.
This game looks really good so far, i'm incredibly happy waiting for them to release the perfect game on time

I wonder what Superpenguin thinks of this. XD Since we had a debate about it where I said this would happen.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. It is what it is.

The only benefit I really see to this is we'll know how Animal Tracks have been changed, or if they're removed. That's the only spoiler information I'm interested in at all. I'm probably going to try to stay away from anything after the game is released in Japan, BESIDES the AT info. And the release date for NA, of course.

I just want to know why they showed this game at E3 2010 and not this previous one.

I just want to know why they showed this game at E3 2010 and not this previous one.

They also showed it at E3 2011, don't forget that. :p Anyway, my guess is they showed it just like any other upcoming game at 2010 and 2011 because... why not?

But then in 2012 they started hammering out their release schedule and realized it wasn't going to make a 2012 release in America and since everything at E3 this year was 2012 titles so it only made sense to exclude it.

I hope that North America and Europe get it at about the same time, then everyone would be happy, Right?

I wonder what Superpenguin thinks of this. XD Since we had a debate about it where I said this would happen.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. It is what it is.

The only benefit I really see to this is we'll know how Animal Tracks have been changed, or if they're removed. That's the only spoiler information I'm interested in at all. I'm probably going to try to stay away from anything after the game is released in Japan, BESIDES the AT info. And the release date for NA, of course.

If you read the previous posts, you'd know.

The only thing I will search up is certain holidays but I won't actually watch it, just want to make sure they're there.

I knew it all the time! Europe will probably get AC even 2 days earlier than NA, mark my words! I don't remember who it was, but someone here was always so convinced that NA will get this a couple of days later than JP because it's the same 'code' and stuff. In you face.
Anyway, game looks GREAT!!

I am hoping for a January 2013 UK and USA release date as then I can start my town on the 1st of January like I did with my copy of the Nintendo Gamecube version of Animal Crossing and that will allow me an entire calendar year.

If you read the previous posts, you'd know.

The only thing I will search up is certain holidays but I won't actually watch it, just want to make sure they're there.

*backreads*

I agree partially. I think somewhere in Q2. My official guess is June 30th. But that's cause I'm jaded, not because if any logical guesses.

I also would like people to mark spoilers. Except where Animal Tracks come into play...

I could care less about what holidays make it to the game, anything will be better than WW.

I knew it all the time! Europe will probably get AC even 2 days earlier than NA, mark my words! I don't remember who it was, but someone here was always so convinced that NA will get this a couple of days later than JP because it's the same 'code' and stuff. In you face.
Anyway, game looks GREAT!!

No need for the in your face..

Back