• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo of America confirms first half of 2013 release for America

The games are finished, all of them. Right now it's just as RisingSun said, they're just making sure the game sells everywhere as best it can, so they've pushed the western release to next year to make sure it will sell.

Okay, the games that they're selling this fall before the holiday are certainly done being localized. But, when was the last time you even saw a screenshot of Animal Crossing 3DS with English instead of Japanese? We've got no reason to think THAT game is finished.

Okay, the games that they're selling this fall before the holiday are certainly done being localized. But, when was the last time you even saw a screenshot of Animal Crossing 3DS with English instead of Japanese? We've got no reason to think THAT game is finished.

We don't need hard physical proof. The games are exactly the same.
and the last time I saw an english screenshot wasn't too long ago.
3DSACrossing-620x.jpg

It was an entire video. In english.

We have every right to think that all of the games are indeed finished. We're just waiting for the releases at this point.

I feel silly for not thinking about the fact that Nintendo is a business and it's main goal is max profits.

It would make more sense if they released it at the beginning of summer, actually. As most of the players are very young and attend grade school, they'd have plenty of time (and probably some odd job money) to play AC3DS. I hope they see it better to release it in January, however I guess that will have to do with WiiU and Nintenstars profits.

Sad days...sad days indeed.

My current thought is somewhere in mid February (with luck, even early Feb for my birthday). This is taking into account that by February, the holiday sales for WiiU should have reduced itself enough to allow the sales for other systems.

Of course it has something to do with the sales of the Wii U. Also, I think that Nintendo had worked so hard on the AC is game and so they think that after all their effort, why chuck it away by selling it near Wii U? However, I wish we didn't have to wait so long... Yet again, I would wait five more years because a good game that took time is better than a bad game that they rushed. Anyway, I hope I am not horribly busy next year, because this truly is a great game and I hope I don't miss out in playing it.

Of course it has something to do with the sales of the Wii U. Also, I think that Nintendo had worked so hard on the AC is game and so they think that after all their effort, why chuck it away by selling it near Wii U? However, I wish we didn't have to wait so long... Yet again, I would wait five more years because a good game that took time is better than a bad game that they rushed. Anyway, I hope I am not horribly busy next year, because this truly is a great game and I hope I don't miss out in playing it.

Well with the changing shop hours, at least you can now fit the play time to your schedule!

I hope this game becomes downloadable. I'm always for physical copies but this is the only game I would ever download. :blush:

I hope this game becomes downloadable. I'm always for physical copies but this is the only game I would ever download. :blush:

It will be. It is my understanding that all the games will be downloadable. I personally prefer the card because I don't want to use that much memory on my SD card.

no that box art has been going around for a while. its fake

Oh okay lol I got excited cuz I just saw that one...the REAL box art (at least for Japan) is way better anyway. I honestly hope its not called New Frontier though that sounds kinda westernish. But doesnt matter Im getting it no matter what!

I just wish it were here now. I'm enjoying my 3ds. Kingdom Hearts is very fun. I just want to get back into the collecting mood again.

It's definiteley NOT called New Frontier. That's just the name that the creator of the fake-boxart thought of. And because a lot people thought it was the real one, this name is very popular and often said to be the real title, but it isn't.

Walmart does not seem very reputable, using a fake-boxart on their website. :D

It's definiteley NOT called New Frontier. That's just the name that the creator of the fake-boxart thought of. And because a lot people thought it was the real one, this name is very popular and often said to be the real title, but it isn't.

Walmart does not seem very reputable, using a fake-boxart on their website. :D
I have noticed that. The funny thing is that I was looking on DA and found that boxart the same day I was looking at Walmart's website and saw the same boxart!

This wait is too much!
Especially since I know Japan will be getting it in 2 months! I don't want all of the secrets and fun things to discover to be all over the internet. Oh well, it'll be worth the wait!

This wait is too much!
Especially since I know Japan will be getting it in 2 months! I don't want all of the secrets and fun things to discover to be all over the internet. Oh well, it'll be worth the wait!
Hmm, your kinda right! What if guides explode through the net :0000000

You don't need to worry about a guide, you're forgetting.

This is TBT. We find out everything first, aside from people who have actually played. It would probably be smart to add a spoilers section or something once the game comes out, for people who want to post about it and so that people who don't want anything spoiled can stay away from it.

You don't need to worry about a guide, you're forgetting.

This is TBT. We find out everything first, aside from people who have actually played. It would probably be smart to add a spoilers section or something once the game comes out, for people who want to post about it and so that people who don't want anything spoiled can stay away from it.

Good idea. I know some people don't want to be spoiled and ruin the game by finding out every secret. But I DEFIANTLY want to know AS MUCH as AC3DS as POSSIBLE! That's usually how I get games. I research it a lot after it comes out, see if it is for me and then get it. Like what I did for Kirby's Epic Yarn. Usually I can't be bothered to finish games, especially if it is too 'epic', but my cousin and I played it all the time. It was fun, easy and probably the first game I ever finished (well not really. I finished other games before. Games that don't include fighting). I'm a bit of wimp when playing games and used that option where you fly next to the other player unharmed in KEY ALOT! Probably more than I should. I guess I like different games than most people here. I read these forums and see you talk about all these other games that I think: Woah, AC is supposed to be a relaxing game. I wonder how you like all these 'scary' games too. Anyway, I only actually liked games when I first played AC on WW. A friend of ours gave me all these games to play on the DS. I looked at Animal Crossing (knowing NOTHING about it. It didn't have a front cover giving you a glimpse of how the game could be about) and thought: I like animals, maybe I would like this game too. Then I found out that this game was not about animals, just that the other characters were animals. During the time I was doing the jobs for Nook at the start, the game froze. By then, I would have moved onto a new game, but I realised that this game was for me. I replayed it and then played it every day. I even tried to convince my friends on buying one too. Then I stopped playing for a while. Too busy I guess. Then I found the game card and thought: Oh, I remember this game! I didn't like looking at my ugly town full of weeds and the upset villagers, so I restarted the game. Then of course I was busy again and wanted to restart the game. I kept doing this until I found out about CF after I got KEY. I looked at it for a month, got my cousin to buy it and then I bought it myself. I played it as often as I can, I even got up before school to do this, just so I wouldn't quit the game like I did before. I liked playing over the internet with my cousin, the first time I ever did this with AC and I loved the game and I was happy that I nearly finished the fishes without TT (remember, this is a HUGE improvement! Usually I don't stick around long enough). Of course I got busy again and when I came back to the game, I couldn't restart it and I didn't want to after all that effort I put to that game. Then I found out about AC3DS when it came out and stopped playing CF again, thinking that I would get the game soon enough. I was too busy to start playing again, so I just lurked around these forums ever since. Even though I wasn't a very patient gamer, I know I am going to try to stick to AC3DS. Hopefully, being a handheld will make it easier.

Good idea. I know some people don't want to be spoiled and ruin the game by finding out every secret. But I DEFIANTLY want to know AS MUCH as AC3DS as POSSIBLE! That's usually how I get games. I research it a lot after it comes out, see if it is for me and then get it. Like what I did for Kirby's Epic Yarn. Usually I can't be bothered to finish games, especially if it is too 'epic', but my cousin and I played it all the time. It was fun, easy and probably the first game I ever finished (well not really. I finished other games before. Games that don't include fighting). I'm a bit of wimp when playing games and used that option where you fly next to the other player unharmed in KEY ALOT! Probably more than I should. I guess I like different games than most people here. I read these forums and see you talk about all these other games that I think: Woah, AC is supposed to be a relaxing game. I wonder how you like all these 'scary' games too. Anyway, I only actually liked games when I first played AC on WW. A friend of ours gave me all these games to play on the DS. I looked at Animal Crossing (knowing NOTHING about it. It didn't have a front cover giving you a glimpse of how the game could be about) and thought: I like animals, maybe I would like this game too. Then I found out that this game was not about animals, just that the other characters were animals. During the time I was doing the jobs for Nook at the start, the game froze. By then, I would have moved onto a new game, but I realised that this game was for me. I replayed it and then played it every day. I even tried to convince my friends on buying one too. Then I stopped playing for a while. Too busy I guess. Then I found the game card and thought: Oh, I remember this game! I didn't like looking at my ugly town full of weeds and the upset villagers, so I restarted the game. Then of course I was busy again and wanted to restart the game. I kept doing this until I found out about CF after I got KEY. I looked at it for a month, got my cousin to buy it and then I bought it myself. I played it as often as I can, I even got up before school to do this, just so I wouldn't quit the game like I did before. I liked playing over the internet with my cousin, the first time I ever did this with AC and I loved the game and I was happy that I nearly finished the fishes without TT (remember, this is a HUGE improvement! Usually I don't stick around long enough). Of course I got busy again and when I came back to the game, I couldn't restart it and I didn't want to after all that effort I put to that game. Then I found out about AC3DS when it came out and stopped playing CF again, thinking that I would get the game soon enough. I was too busy to start playing again, so I just lurked around these forums ever since. Even though I wasn't a very patient gamer, I know I am going to try to stick to AC3DS. Hopefully, being a handheld will make it easier.

Agreed

Back