• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nonogram Puzzles (Picross)

xSuperMario64x

call me Bug 🇨🇦💜🐛
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Galaxy Cupcake
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Planet Glow Wand
Tetris Grid
Heart Glow Wand
does anyone else here really love doing nonogram puzzles? I started getting into them back in like October and I've been obsessed ever since. I've put 20+ hours into Mario no Super Picross on SNES Online, as well as 6-7 hours so far on the GameBoy Mario's Picross game. I've also completed over 200 puzzles on a nonogram mobile game on my phone.
out of all the puzzles I've tried, this one and Sudoku are my favorites. they're both similar in layout but played much differently.

(I should note, however, that I do not particularly enjoy color picross, and I've never tried Picross 3D)

Here's what a nonogram/picross puzzle looks like for anyone who doesn't know:
puzzle-nonograms.png

edit: check out nongrams.org if you're interested in trying new puzzles, they get new ones all the time and they come in a wide variety of sizes and difficulty levels!

Last edited:
I never could get into those games. I’m not particularly good at them. I understand sudoku a bit, but I’m not fast by any means. I don’t understand the other word puzzles, though. That might be because I haven’t heard much about them other than sudoku. I know they’re good for passing time. If you’re having fun with them, that’s great. I do however like word puzzles. I’m just not too keen on number games.

Last edited:
Ooh this looks fun! I've never done any picross/nonograms and tend to do sudoku and crosswords because that's what's the most easily available to me.

I think I might try out a few. Thanks for starting this thread and bringing this puzzle to my attention!

Ooh this looks fun! I've never done any picross/nonograms and tend to do sudoku and crosswords because that's what's the most easily available to me.

I think I might try out a few. Thanks for starting this thread and bringing this puzzle to my attention!
it's a bit tricky to get ahold of but once you get it they become really fun to do. like I said I started out a few months ago and I was actually kinda bad at it lol, but once you start learning techniques for solving harder puzzles it becomes easier and it's really satisfying to finish a tough puzzle :)

I love Picross games! They're always a good time-killer, and I enjoy doing a puzzle every now and then. I used to play Mario's Picross on my old Game Boy Player, and in recent years, I've bought a couple of Picross games for 3DS and Switch.

I've tried a demo of a color Picross-type game (I can't think of its name at the moment), and it was okay, but I never bought it. Never tried 3D Picross.

oh my god yes! i have an app that's literally just these kinds of puzzles, i actually had no idea there was a proper name for them (although the app is called picture cross so like.. maybe i should've got the hint). i got heavily into them a while back but i think i went a bit too hard (as in i've completed ~1000 puzzles of varying difficulty) so ended up completely abandoning it but those, along with sodokus, would definitely be my favourite kind of puzzles

I have a blast with these, but they can be pretty challenging

I love these things.

I remember downloading the Zelda Picross on the 3DS a while ago, and playing through the entire thing.

While I haven't done them in a few years, I do enjoy picross puzzles. They've always been a good way to kill some time and it can be satisfying to see the end result of solving a puzzle.

I haven't done one of these in a while, but they're pretty fun! I'd have to brush up my knowledge of how it works, but seeing this has made me want to do some again lol!

I absolutely love Picross! Been playing for years. I especially love the Colour Picross mode in Picross S3, S4, S5 & S6 for Switch. :)

I showed them to my mom, because she was getting bored of Sudoku, and she liked them so much she bought a Switch Lite to play them, LOL.

i LOVE nonograms! i first learned about them from a nancy drew game years ago lol and ever since then they've been my favourite puzzle type. i used to have like five different nonogram apps on my phone before eventually whittling it down to two based on how tedious filling the squares in felt (bad app design, ruiner of good puzzle types everywhere </3).

I've never done them before but I've always been interested in trying them :)

I used to play nonograms so much in highschool!! It was a great way to waste time on breaks and even on lessons, I have to admit lol

Never really tried (though I do like sudokus if not too badly constructed).

I do like paint by numbers and stuff so maybe I should get one game or such some day and try.

btw is anyone is interested in trying out nongrams or wants some new puzzles to do, there's a website called nongrams.org that I use a lot when I feel like destressing for a few minutes or more. I'll attach this to the OP so others can see it too :)

btw is anyone is interested in trying out nongrams or wants some new puzzles to do, there's a website called nongrams.org that I use a lot when I feel like destressing for a few minutes or more. I'll attach this to the OP so others can see it too :)
I tried it out and it’s really fun! I had to watch a video to understand how to do it, but after that I ended up doing some nongrams for a while!

Back