• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Officer Berri can Draw and Sprite!

Oops for having to double post, but I got the next batch of sprites!

tumblr_inline_mk7w7bpQS71qz4rgp.png

Bulls and Cows! To be honest, as a kid I was never too fond of either of these species, save Petunia because my brother hated her so much. I never found a Bull I liked until Angus was one of the first villagers in my last restart of Wild World. He was the first one to give me a picture in that game so I was like ";-; hugs".

Bell is better than Tipper why is Tipper still around.

I never really liked cow villagers when i was younger either. Those are really good btw!

Wow, your sprites look fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing what you can come up with for New Leaf designs and/or patterns.
Keep up the good work :)

We now have cubs!

tumblr_inline_mk9paeywqL1qz4rgp.png

I've always loved how tiny and chubby the cubs are. Though I was always curious why we had bears AND bear cubs. I could have sworn there were more than these guys, but it could just be me remembering wrong. Didn't give June her flower because I'm not sure how well I could sprite a flower at that size and it'd make the sprite look awkward compared to the others.

Glad you like them! xD I remembered you when I did Stitches.

Here's an example of what I do when I design my patterns. This one's pretty simple though. Not too many details so if it doesn't really look right on an actual model it can be tweaked. I based it off a shirt I own.

tumblr_inline_mka1h8DAIr1qz4rgp.png

(Also, yeah. That's the Sly Cooper font. xD)

Oops, since there's no comments on my shirt Imma have to double post again. I:
tumblr_inline_mkbmxnY0wT1qz4rgp.png

Elephants! My favorites are Ellie and Opal, though I've never actually ever had an elephant villager move into my towns. My brother had Dizzy waaay back when he played Population Growing though. He couldn't stand him for some reason! xD

I find it's really hard to sprite cherries in a small space. :p

Poor spriting abilities? LOL? You are amazing! I don't think I can do that. How can you prop these sprites in MS Paint? Looks hard to me.

I'm quite comfortable working in MS Paint, so it's not really all that difficult for me. The only thing MS paint can't do that I would need is transparency, which I would use photoshop for if I needed to. I just use MS's pencil tool to make the shapes one pixel at a time, and then eyeball all the colors for everything. I have a 'model' for each one of the sprites I made so I don't have to redo the body shape each time.

Though if the image I'm using as a source is small I have a bit more trouble. The Gorillas are giving me quite a challenge. And once I'm done with them I have to move onto the Hippos. I've been dreading the Hippos and Rhinos since I started this project. Mainly because of how weird they all look from the front! xD

Paint.NET is a perfect program for sprittin. I use it all the time.

my fav elephants out of those are Margie & Axel. I can't wait to see Al & Peewee!

I've heard of Paint.NET, but I prefer working with MS Paint. I've stuck with it ever since a bunch of the spriters on Dragon Cave talked about using just MS Paint on all the wonderful sprites they do!

Al's already been sprited! :) Peewee's actually the one I'm going do next when I start up again sometime tomorrow. I do all the villagers who have appeared in a game internationally first, then I move on to the Japanese Only villagers. Mainly because most Japanese Only villagers have lower quality pictures for me to use as a reference. Then when I move the sprites from my giant sprite sheet to separate species based sheets I put them in the alphabetical order they're listed in on Nookipedia.

I really hope when New Leaf comes out there will be good images of the villagers put on Nookipedia. I was able to do the new male cat from the first screenshot he appeared in, but the other animals will be much more difficult until I have a good, clear picture.

The sprites I'll be posting tomorrow will be the goats! :3

IT'S GOAT TIME.

tumblr_inline_mkdfvzJFYG1qz4rgp.png

I love the goats~ They're so cute! I wish there were more of them though. Especially female goats. We've got Nan and Chevre. I'm not so sure about Velma. *glances at that beard* I didn't see one on the images of Nan and Chevre I used! VELMA WHAT ARE YOU NOT TELLING US.

Woolg. @_@ I have to triple post now? The goats left everyone speechless!

tumblr_inline_mkfaxtNawo1qz4rgp.png

WE GOTS GORILLAS. Violet is my favorite because she's so cute. ^^ Doing the arms was really difficult, and both males and female share the same base sprite since I couldn't get a dress to work for the ladies, but I'm happy with what I came up with!

Boyd (top middle) is another Japanese Only villager. His face looks like "._. Act natural. No one will notice you stand out."

Nan and Chevre look amazing! Peewee & Al look like my brother and father XDD i hope boyd is in New Leaf

Back