• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Officer Berri can Draw and Sprite!

Have ALL of the bovine!

tumblr_inline_mntma3PVCm1qz4rgp.png

What do you use, in terms of software, to make these sprites? Because I have to program games for University and I have to create my own characters and sprites. Yours always look great! :)

Last edited:
:) I use MSpaint, actually. Most people say other programs work well, but for me MSpaint has always been a perfect tool for playing around with pixels!

:) I use MSpaint, actually. Most people say other programs work well, but for me MSpaint has always been a perfect tool for playing around with pixels!

Oh cool :) Awesome, thanks :) I will give it a try.
Do you just zoom in until you see individual pixels?

Yeah. In MSpaint I zoom in as far as it allows me. (800%) at that point it's easier to work pixel by pixel. I only zoom on to test how a shape looks or how colors look together.

MSPaint doesn't do transparency though. If I want Transparency I usually have to move a document into Photoshop and delete the white background there.

Berri's a fox, actually. Like Redd. They're related. My art style is kinda odd in that regard, but when I get around to drawing AC wolves you'll be able to tell the difference!

Don't worry though. My grandfather thinks she's a wolf too. >>;

I can see she is a fox now that you tell me :D Your art style is great! I am just a dummy. I love Redd, My Shiba girl Kismet reminds me of him lol.

Thanks! :) I draw glasses a lot sometimes since I wear them myself.

Annnnnnd here's some Sonic themed patterns I made for Comic321.

tumblr_inline_mo2vdmkkXN1qz4rgp.png

Here's some Gorillas~

tumblr_inline_mo6kpmHadk1qz4rgp.png

Appropriate since Boone is one of my villagers. And he's probably my favorite villager from my first five! :3

All of those pictures are nice, but what is a "Sprite" exactly? I know they are a form of 2D drawings, but what exactly makes them different than all the other 2D ones?

Have an epic bump because I have pictures to share!

First off, I finished all of my villager sprites! Here's a link to my master sprite list to make it easier for anyone to find the sprites they're looking for.
http://moonvalecrossing.tumblr.com/post/60978553923/moonvale-crossings-animal-crossing-sprite-index

Next, the pictures! I've done more than Villager Sprites recently.
tumblr_inline_mvebmm0rCE1riw4zp.png

And I reached 200 followers on my blog, so I colored a picture I drew months ago for everyone! The first 5 villagers to inhabit Moonvale! Linked for size.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/a07164912604a598a214bd5cd7fcef97/tumblr_mvjm5eBThA1s96u1io1_1280.png

Wish my Spriting was that good, Nice stuff you have here Berri :)

Now, Draw Genji >:3

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I made another sprite set! This one has some dogs!

tumblr_inline_mvp21k7dIl1riw4zp.png

My apologies that Hariette, K.K. Slider, and Serena are not included. I like doing nice even numbered sets at a time, and when possible I want to have four nice sprites that sort of go together. Last time was cats because there's only four special cat characters that share the same body type as cat villagers. This time it was more law themed. Officers upholding laws and the Mayor's secretary (plus Digby, since he and Isabelle are twins, they just naturally go together).

Back