• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone who can give me a little help for my mafia I'm planning. If you won't be playing, could you PM me?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would be good if you had experience making games. like karla.

Last edited:
Will be opening the new Mini Mafia slot in 7 minutes on the hour. First to post their signup form in here at that time gets the slot. (must be at 11AM PT or later, nothing before)

Update: Just learned that the main game ended as well... I'll open that slot in 5 minutes as well.

Not going to allow the same person to claim both, BTW.

Username: Cory
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 6
Game Type: Main Mafia
Game Theme: Pokemon
Game Setup Notes: There will be a a money system similar to AC mafia.
Also, much new roles!!!

Last edited:
Code:
Username: MissNoodle
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 4
Game Type: Mini-Mafia
Game Theme: Frozen
Game Setup Notes: I guess it's like a normal mafia, but with open roles, and you can see how many of each colour are still alive. No third-party, but mafia and blues are here.

Edit: I would really like to prove myself as a good game-maker, and I have been planning this game for a while.

** can I just quote this?? On the hour btw.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's 5 games now too.

Looks like you each got the slot you wanted!

Updating the first post and then I'm off to rest. Congrats.

Is there anyone who can give me a little help for my mafia I'm planning. If you won't be playing, could you PM me?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would be good if you had experience making games. like karla.

Don't need help anymore.

Bh833G0.jpg

7oMevBn.gif

Go figure.

I'd like to bring up Karla's no-PM thing here so we don't go off topic in the actual game. Karla, I'm assuming your mini will be no-PM? In which case, I guess we'll see how it works soon enough.

Yeah this is a better place to discuss that :p

Yes, my game will be strictly no off-thread discussion. It definitely changes the game in a big way, and I'm convinced of the benefits of it. It means many players who aren't in circles don't feel left out. It makes analysis a more important way of finding scum, as blues are largely working on their own.

The reason I didn't implement this in the very first games I hosted was because firstly, I don't know how much I can trust many of the members on TBT to obey the rules. Also, because Mafia and IRC are so closely linked, it'll be difficult for people not to talk about mafia there, when they've been doing that for so long.

I guess we'll see. The punishments for breaking the no-PM rule will be hefty.

Yeah this is a better place to discuss that :p

Yes, my game will be strictly no off-thread discussion. It definitely changes the game in a big way, and I'm convinced of the benefits of it. It means many players who aren't in circles don't feel left out. It makes analysis a more important way of finding scum, as blues are largely working on their own.

The reason I didn't implement this in the very first games I hosted was because firstly, I don't know how much I can trust many of the members on TBT to obey the rules. Also, because Mafia and IRC are so closely linked, it'll be difficult for people not to talk about mafia there, when they've been doing that for so long.

I guess we'll see. The punishments for breaking the no-PM rule will be hefty.

Is prohibiting PM's something that will be left up to each individual host, or will it be enforced for all games? Because tbh in my opinion, I like PM'ing people and discussing things privately. :/

I don't know why it's even being debated but PMing and communicating outside of the thread has always been apart of Mafia. There are things that need to be discussed privately or else plans fall apart and important people are killed. You can try it for a mini mafia but I don't discourage behind the scenes planning, if scum get to do it (scum chat), why can't town? The answer would be "Scum have to have their own chat or we know who they are and defeats the purpose of the game!" Well if that's the case why the hell would we want everyone claiming and making plans in the thread so scum know who we are and what we're up to? Makes entirely no sense.

Either way, it would be interesting to see how it works in a mini mafia.

Is prohibiting PM's something that will be left up to each individual host, or will it be enforced for all games? Because tbh in my opinion, I like PM'ing people and discussing things privately. :/
It's always up to the host, there are very very few things that are uniform across all games.

I don't know why it's even being debated but PMing and communicating outside of the thread has always been apart of Mafia. There are things that need to be discussed privately or else plans fall apart and important people are killed. You can try it for a mini mafia but I don't discourage behind the scenes planning, if scum get to do it (scum chat), why can't town? The answer would be "Scum have to have their own chat or we know who they are and defeats the purpose of the game!" Well if that's the case why the hell would we want everyone claiming and making plans in the thread so scum know who we are and what we're up to? Makes entirely no sense.

Either way, it would be interesting to see how it works in a mini mafia.
I dunno how extensive your history of playing Mafia has been, but the accepted sytem in most places is not to allow out-of-thread communication. Take live mafia for example, you can't communicate privately with people. Your argument that if scum can do it, why can't town is moot. That's one of the strengths of scum, they know each other and can coordinate with each other.

Well if that's the case why the hell would we want everyone claiming and making plans in the thread so scum know who we are and what we're up to? Makes entirely no sense.
You've been spoiled by PM games - you obviously can't take the same approach in non-PM games. You can still make the plans, because what plans are really supposed to do is generate discussion. You naturally should not claim unless you have a very good reason to do so, but the same applies in PM mafia. Don't write off the concept just because you've never seen it in action and can't see it working. It is the accepted norm in places which have been running Mafia games for over half a decade.

You obviously missed where I said it would be interesting to see. Yes, I personally don't think it would work considering this is online mafia, not a real life mafia game but I am interested in seeing if it would or wouldn't work. It's an opinion. It doesn't make me right or wrong. Contrary to what you believe, I actually have the capacity to change my views with proof. You're a great mafia player and I'm sure you'd be a great host so when it happens I will enjoy watching the game and seeing how it works =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back