• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

OOMPA LOOMPA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mostly saying as a kid growing Johnny Depp to me was Scissorhands since I couldn't very well understand the importance of depth that goes into movie making. In it's simplest form Johnny Depp was that character to me. In my adult life it's still a habit to see things that way because I don't always knowingly give up my childhood preferences. As a kid who doesn't know any better, I didn't understand the separation of acting and real life so you get pretty involved in those things.

But I did say JD has a lot of iconic roles so everyone has a character they prefer to see him as. (Which is why he's a legendary actor) Mine just happens to be the guy that cut hair and bushes with his hands lolz

Last edited:
I was awake at 3 in the morning but I was playing Fantasy Life D: still got one though

Gene Wilder seems Nicholas Cage ._.

I haven't seen the 1970's film of Charlie, but in the Johnny Deep's one, he seems too perfect (His hair OMG) when Willy Wonka is a crazy character, so Gene is better?

And did anyone see what I did to the banner??? :D
ouB0xvi.gif
And I totally called this. :p
ZC5zLke.png

Last edited:
I wish I could gift my ticket, I bought it to give to my GF cause she'll miss the giveaway, she works all week (but she's gonna get one when she gets home so oh well). I already have a pokeball. If I win it I'll be giving it away man.

I wish I could gift my ticket, I bought it to give to my GF cause she'll miss the giveaway, she works all week (but she's gonna get one when she gets home so oh well). I already have a pokeball. If I win it I'll be giving it away man.

If you win, give the pokeball to meeeee!! :p
Lol, jk xD

Gene Wilder seems Nicholas Cage ._.

I haven't seen the 1970's film of Charlie, but in the Johnny Deep's one, he seems too perfect (His hair OMG) when Willy Wonka is a crazy character, so Gene is better?

Wonka is supposed to seem perfect. It's part of the role. In the book, Wonka was meant to be displayed to people as perfect with psychological tendencies. Both actors fit that bill pretty well. You have to keep in mind cinematography and genre differences cause two different tones to come across in the movies.

I prefer the Gene Wilder version, but I will admit that the Depp version is more accurate to the books. It's just how it is. Neither are bad movies by far, but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic inclination in the 2005 version. I liked the differences that they made for the sake of differences, but Gene Wilder was a different actor before Willy Wonka as well. For instance, I saw See No Evil, Hear No Evil with Wilder before I saw his version of Willy Wonka, so it surprised me to see him playing a less obscene character. With Depp, his roles bar Sleepy Hollow and that new (awful) vampire flick he's in tend to lack the mature, adult-like humor of the 1960's-80's film industry. It wasn't that big of a stretch to see him take this role and I wasn't surprised with the result, so the film was more forgettable.

I suggest you see the Wilder version.

And Nicholas Cage was a great actor before Taxes caused him to take on any role he could to make ends meet. Go watch "The Rock" with Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage.

why is there so many people on this thread and the stalk the person above you thread?

will you lose you're ticket when the drawing for the person happens or will you still have the ticket as a collectible?

Here are some interesting facts about the first movie:

It was filmed in Munich, Germany because it was cheaper.

The chocolate river in the room where Augustus was lost is only 2 feet deep. It was made of chocolate, milk, and water, but the mixture was spoiled.

Of the five actors, Veruca's was the only one who's still in the movie acting career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back