• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Overrated town tunes?

SodaDog

~the millennium is now~
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
2898-6073-7400
Cake
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
20 Envelopes
ど
う
森
5 Envelopes
Cake
Mailbox
I went to a few towns, but i don't mind about the town tune, however, i seen at least 8 towns have the lost woods music from zelda as their town tune which is overrated for me...

I have the WW town tune as a town tune which still sounds good...

What is the most overrated town tune for you?

I wonder how long it's gonna take for someone to say Attack On Titan. My town tune is the OP... :x

I actually don't mind overused tunes because they're easily recognizable.
"Hey! This person likes this thing too!"

Otherwise most people's town tunes just sound like random notes.

Last edited:
I don't even recognize most people's town tunes. :x Though I have noticed Lost Woods as being a lot of people's (I had to hum it in my head to remember how it sounds, though xD) I hope mine isn't too overrated, I did it myself but it's the Rugrat's opening. XD I've only met one person who identified the tune correctly, so I feel like it's obscure enough for me! ^_^

Zelda tunes, mainly Saria's song. Ironically, I used to have that... Only because I was so un-creative.
It's ponpon now though. Not sure if that's better or worse.

My town tune is original :D

But Zelda town tunes are overdone, And there are so many Hyrules.

I've personally adopted Saria's song from Zelda, and it will stay that way for a bit. I might change it later, who knows.

I really don't think any town tunes are overrated, I've seen maybe two of the same, and it's not like the town's mayor makes the tune thinking, "I bet EVERYONE uses this song!" Legend of Zelda Ocarina songs are just easy to do since they're easy to look up and recreate. ^^

I use Show Me Around from Pokemon! XD

Saria's song is sooooooooooo overdone >_< and I guess the Tetris theme too...

My town tune is the Goldenrod City theme from Pokemon G/S/C

Other than the Zelda ones (mostly Lost Woods and Song of Storms, I believe), I've heard lots of tunes from Ghibli movies, mostly from My Neighbor Totoro. I used Lost Woods back in my Wild World days, so I guess I can't really complain, haha! (My town was named Hyrule too, ughh...)

I used to have Saria's song and I tried to use the tune from Clock Town because I'm Termina (Cooler than Hyrule) but it didn't sound right to me so now it's some random tune I found online and it sounds really familiar, I just can't remember what it's from.

But I always hear the Harry Potter theme music and I was never a fan of Harry Potter so that got annoying.

I wouldn't say they're overrated, but The Legend of Zelda songs are fairly overdone. I don't dislike them, though, and I can certainly see the appeal to them; they're easy to make, and they're memorable songs, perfect for something like a town tune.

I actually don't mind overused tunes because they're easily recognizable.
"Hey! This person likes this thing too!"

Otherwise most people's town tunes just sound like random notes.

^^ I feel this way too.
Most of the time I don't even recognize them. I made my main town the opening to yu yu hakusho, which no one recognizes, and my cycling town is "call me maybe", because I'm evil and whoever adopts my villagers has to listen to it forever now whenever they bring it up lol

Back