• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Overrated town tunes?

My town tune is Beethoven's F?r Elise. Only one person has recognised it so far.

My town tune was also the Wild World theme, up until last night. I tried making my own original tune, but it sounds pretty bad.

Everything seems to be "overrated" these days... ;)

I have 'Ode an die Freude' as my town tune, I wonder if anyone else has it. :)

Everything seems to be "overrated" these days... ;)

I have 'Ode an die Freude' as my town tune, I wonder if anyone else has it. :)

Yes, I've heard Ode to Joy in a couple of towns. Beethoven wrote such simple melodies, they translate well to stuff like AC.

On topic: My current town tune is based on a snippet of my favorite ACNL hourly music. Previously it was a tune I made up. I am changing it today though, to something I made up again, or if it ends up sounding "off," I'll use something by Daft Punk.

Last edited:
My current tune is the first section of Star Spangled Banner. I don't recognize a lot of the more popular ones, so I guess they are only overrated to those that do. I have used (in CF) Jesus Loves Me. I think the simple tunes do translate the best to any of the AC games.

Any nintendo game themes, 18 out of 20 of my friends have a nintendo tune.... including myself xD.

Zelda zongs are overused, but i don't think they are overrated. I had In a gadda da vida, and currently I use the chocobo theme~

Overrated? Really, nothing can be considered overrated. It's all opinions. One person could dislike something and preach about that said something being 'overrated'. Same thing for underrated.

o.m.g I love that song! Do you have the notes for it on the town tune? o-o

It's not anything perfect, but it's recognizable when you talk to certain animals or hear them hum the tune. Feel free to tweak it!

Here it is:

Comptine d'un autre ?t? by Yann Tierson

B,C,B,-,G,A,G,-,-,B,C,B,-,A,B,A. I believe they're all lower letters. The colors should look like as if there are only blue, teal, and purple, and lavender frog heads.

I basically took the melody from the beginning of this music (0:10- 0:29).

i had oh no by marina and the diamonds which was original but i changed it to ponponpon by kyary

I wouldn't say that "overrated" would be a word I'd use, because that has kind of a negative connotation behind it, and I feel that people have the right to use whatever music they want in their town. Besides, it gives people things to talk about when they visit their towns. Like "Oh, you have the Lost Woods theme? I love the Zelda series, too!"

Myself, I use the first Hetalia opening as my town theme and I've seen perhaps one other person with that song. For October I might use the Lavender Town theme or something but I don't want to give myself a heart attack everytime I play. Haha.

I don't think any tune is overrated... most of the time, I can't tell what the tune is. :p

i made it so it stinks but
A-C-A-G-G-G-A-D-D-D-E-D-C-C (hold)

You have PONPONPON as tune? Could you tell me the notes please! I tried it for a bit and it is an easy tune to create, but somehow I manage to fail recreating it.

I don't play any Zelda games so I don't recognise any of these songs when I hear them.

Same here actually lol
I toyed around with a lot of songs, especially pokemon ones, but right now I'm sticking to the animated X-Men theme song x) Haven't met anyone yet with it, or who even recognizes it unless i tell them about it lol

I will say that Hyrule is slightly annoyingly in overuse right now though. Who knew so many ppl would pick /that/ for animal crossing town names o.0

Back