• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Overrated town tunes?

lol definitely lost woods from zelda is pretty overrated. a lot of towns i've visited and seen have it as their town tune. even i have it as my town tune.

Personally I have the song of storms. I have always loved that song since back when I first got LoZ: Ocarina of Time on the N64. So to me it's nice and nostalgic to hear my little villagers whistle it when happy or just hearing it every hour from the clock.
Is it overdone? Yeah. It doesn't bother me though c: people like what they like lol

Not overrated, but the Legend of Zelda themes are overused.

I right now have my town tune set as part of the opening for Lord of The Rings.

All three people I regularly StreetPass have the same Zelda song as their town tune.

I think Zelda town tunes are overused, but I still love them, mainly because I can actually recognize them!

Yo I got the clock town theme as my Town Tune and I don't want to change it. It's upbeat and happy. I tried changing it once, but I'm so used to it now that I don't want to.
I was gonna change it to the trumpet solo in Safe and Sound by Capital Cities, but it didn't do it for me. :c

My town tune is Midna's song, I guess that's overrated too but I like it so I'm keeping it^^

I always hear Zelda ones, but I like to hear them :)

Mine is the Chocobo theme song xD I think it's adorable, plus FF7 is my favorite game!

I don't play any Zelda games so I don't recognise any of these songs when I hear them.

I use the Chocobo's song and I've never notice another town having a similar tune.

I actually don't mind overused tunes because they're easily recognizable.
"Hey! This person likes this thing too!"

Otherwise most people's town tunes just sound like random notes.

^^^

A part of me thinks that it couldn't hurt for them to be just a little more creative with their town tune, but it doesn't really irk me.

I don't play any Zelda games so I don't recognise any of these songs when I hear them.

Same. Although I've come across so many towns named Hyrule and people dressed as Link now to get a bit tired of it.

My town tune is the Goldenrod City theme so that may be a bit cliche, too.

....my tune is "old mcdonald". XD I tried making up a tune, but they always drove me crazy after a while. For some reason, it doesn't happen with that.. Childhood familarity perhaps? Plus it works surprisingly well in techno XD

The last zelda game I played to (near) completion was Zelda 2. Yes, the one for NES with the gold cartridge. I don't think I'd recognize the newer tunes.

Mario related town tunes are also overdone. Some Pokemon related ones can be considered overrated.
I personally had mine set as Sheik's Theme from OoT. It's now the beginning of Dango Daikazoku.

I went to a few towns, but i don't mind about the town tune, however, i seen at least 8 towns have the lost woods music from zelda as their town tune which is overrated for me...

I have the WW town tune as a town tune which still sounds good...

What is the most overrated town tune for you?

I don't quite understand what you mean with "overrated". A lot of people tend to misuse this word and label things as "overrated" when they (themselves) don't like it. Overused is a word that fits perfectly, but "overrated"?

As for your question; there is no such thing as an overrated town tune for me.

My town tune is a medley from the first Japanese song I have ever heard (Megaman's Kaze yo Tsutaete (Roll's theme).

Last edited:
I really don't think any town tunes are overrated, I've seen maybe two of the same, and it's not like the town's mayor makes the tune thinking, "I bet EVERYONE uses this song!" Legend of Zelda Ocarina songs are just easy to do since they're easy to look up and recreate. ^^

I use Show Me Around from Pokemon! XD

Same here! I think the term "overrated" got misused in this thread. Just because a certain tune gets used a lot more doesn't constitute as overrated. Popular or not, the sounds from Zelda are pretty good notes-- we hear them pretty often because they're not complicated to write got town tunes that only lasts for several seconds.

I transcribe my own town tune, "comptine d'un autre ?t?" by Yann Tierson, from the movie Amelie.

Overrated? Really, nothing can be considered overrated. It's all opinions. One person could dislike something and preach about that said something being 'overrated'. Same thing for underrated.

I transcribe my own town tune, "comptine d'un autre ?t?" by Yann Tierson, from the movie Amelie.

o.m.g I love that song! Do you have the notes for it on the town tune? o-o

Me too, I wouldn't recognise, but then I play with the sound off almost all the time so I never notice them anyway.

Me? Well I use Keyboard Cat. If it gets stuck in my head, then it can be stuck in everyone else's!!! I do need to change it just to switch it up a little.

Back