• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Paths or no paths?

I think this time for paths I am just gonna out line them with flowers and make them natural dirt paths that way if I need to I can drop things on them.

I definitely want to place paths this time around (although it takes forever, which is sort of discouraging) but I haven't found any that I like (or with a QR code big enough to actually read) yet, so I'm waiting to find the right one.

I've put down paths. Nothing fancy, just a simple brick I made up, myself. I like the look of them and haven't fully decided whether I'll keep them or not. Originally, I was just going to have them until I'd finished landscaping - bushes and trees, but depending on how it looks, I may keep them anyway. It'll keep fossils, gyroids, and pitfall seeds from showing up on a path and me not being able to see them.

Right now, I only have my mayoral character, but I have paths going from my house to Town Hall, each of the bridges, Re-Tail, and past my villagers' houses. I know they can move, but I like everyone I have, and they're all grouped together, so I'll try to keep the ones I have.

I'm using paths :)

Pros:
the town looks nicer
I can run without worrying about my grass looking ugly/accidentally stepping on my flowers

Cons:
items will disappear if you drop them on a path
they can error your game if people drop items on em/repeatedly hit them with shovel

I'm using paths but what I don't like is you only have 10 QR codes and whatever you replace the code with will change automatically So that only leaves me space for 3-4 clothing choices. I might get rid of a path one day but for now I'll just work on it and stay.

I'm using paths but what I don't like is you only have 10 QR codes and whatever you replace the code with will change automatically So that only leaves me space for 3-4 clothing choices. I might get rid of a path one day but for now I'll just work on it and stay.
make another character just for paths :)

Never done paths but now because I've never made a cool design... but now with the QR codes I'm going too :D

ive never done paths and i never plan to
they just always seem to look ugly no matter how well made they are to me
and their way too constricting for me, i like going wherever i feel like lol

I spent hours on the first few days design a rough path layout for my town.
I'm gonna lay down my final layout for my paths when I'm done with most of the major public works projects.

I got some nice QR code brick floors and have put a basic layout around my town just to help bring it together, I expect it to change completely as I get more projects like the Caf? and a few placement problem villagers move away.

I'm going to try using path tiles because I've never done it before. My villages tend to be pretty unplanned looking- just big patches of flowers wherever I feel like it and no tidy orchards anywhere ever- basically as close to my idealized image of unspoiled nature as possible. I like that look, but just want to mix it up a little and do something different.

Previously I was an ACCF fan, so I laid down extensive paths the first night I had ACNL. I can't help it, I like paths! :D I did not use QR codes because I like making my own designs, even if less fancy.

As for paths on horizontal bridges, or any bridges, I just lay down a path that extends up to the bridge but not onto it.

So, today I was stuck waiting for 2 hours for a routine doctor appointment, and I used the time to re-design my path. That was fun! Both designs were so much fun to make, and they are very different. Tonight maybe I will try to learn how to use QR codes since I have the sewing machine at Able Sisters activated. I still like making my own designs best, and do not intend to use anybody else's QR codes. But at age 65, I think learning something new like how QR codes are used sounds like fun. See? Video games can be educational. :cool:

I just made some blinding rainbow paths so I can figure out where to line my flowers. They might grow on me though....who knows.

I'll lay down some simple paths to connect my house to Re-Tail, the town tree, and the town hall. For the rest of the town I'll enjoy some natural dirt paths. It will have to be edited later after more Public Works Projects have been added :p

I really like paths, but since I'm no good at laying them out, I don't use them. But lately I've been looking at dream towns that use paths, and I'm starting to get some ideas on how to make a good-looking layout.

I have paths and it was very time consuming. My path needs 11 spaces so I have made a seconde character just for the main path then I also have little paths... and it's a pain to swich between the characters all the time

I really like paths, but since I'm no good at laying them out, I don't use them. But lately I've been looking at dream towns that use paths, and I'm starting to get some ideas on how to make a good-looking layout.

If you need some ideas, here's my map that I planned out before I started laying down paths. Its kind of a rough sketch since I didn't note where my rocks were, so some paths were moved a little bit.

I figured I wanted the quickest route to every major spot, and thats how I came up with the map.

Attachments

• ACMapPawnee.jpg
    ACMapPawnee.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,037
Back