• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Paths or no paths?

I made my own paths. Pretty much the same paths I made in City Folk. Only problem is my axe broke and I can't clear trees for paths anymore. I wanted to use a QR Code I saved, but it turned out really pixelated =/

I've never used paths before, but the last game that I played was the GC version, and I don't even know if you could put them down in that game lol. But I am going to on this game! I've already started mapping it out a bit and planning on where to place it :)

I put down a simple but nice looking path for the first time ever in any of my AC games. I don't know if I'll keep it forever. I may remove it when the paths I walk turn into natural dirt paths so everything seems more, well, natural lol.

I also only connected the paths to the main landmarks in my town. My house, retail, bridges, town hall, and the plaza. No point in connecting it to neighbors houses as they can move in and out anywhere in town.

So, since I'm new to the game series entirely, I have some questions. Is the only way to build paths through materials or are there actual path pieces or something that you can buy somewhere? Also, if I lay out a path, is it possibly for someone to build their house on top of it?

Question 1:
You create designs and their is an option to place that design on the ground around your town, and you do that over and over and over and over again until you've made a path along your town. You can't buy a path, but you can get designs made by other people who play Animal Crossing : New Leaf through QR Codes.

Question 2:

No, when a house is built, it will automatically remove the path.

I've been making a path for days now(really lazy and little time to actually do construction type work, there should really be work projects for this.

I'm going to end up making some cute ones..I'm doing a French theme. :3 So I cannot wait for the coffee shop!

Ill wait until I have a perfect town status and then I'll completely landscape and rebuild my town from ground up how I want it. :)

I have pathways all around my town. I've been fortunate enough to have good villager house placement before I found out about the "new character reset trick." ^_^ I even have the pathway for my cafe set up! Can't wait. <3

I never did in the past. I'm thinking about trying it for the first time in this game. I need to re-landscape my town first though. I really hate the placement of the trees that have been there since day 1. I unlocked the garden center today. I'm starting to hoard flowers and trees and bushes. When I get a whole bunch I'll come up with a design plan and re-landscape. I'm also partly waiting because I want to max out my villagers so there is less movement in the town. It's easier to plan things once people stop moving in.

I don't plan to make my own designs though. I'm a terrible artist. I found a ton of QR codes already that Japanese players made and will use those.

I'm going to, but it'll take a while. Doing main paths only, from my house and my other human villagers' houses to buildings and community projects. I want to catch the majority of fishes and bugs I'm missing before focusing on that. And grow more hybrids to decorate.

So are you guys going to create multiple human villagers to hold more patterns? Just noticed you can only hold 10 patterns and switching them out would update the ones already laid down..

That's another issue I just came across! I like making patterns for clothes, so there's little space for me for paths. D: You can save patterns, but I the 10 in your inventory have to remain there if they're being used...

Maybe.

In the past I had paths but I might not this time. I will have to see once my community projects are set up. I may just make natural paths using flowers/bushes etc. Paths can look great but I hate that they don't blend or bend well.

It also "forced" me to walk along my set paths. I may want to detour on occasion.

I probably will use paths, but only once I've finished working on the rest of my town first. I still haven't even decided on what kind of set-up I want to have, let alone what patterns I want to use.. >>;

Back