• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Perfect Town

Club444

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
5 Envelopes
Mailbox
Cake
ど
Someone on my blog asked me what the prerequisites to a perfect town were, and I was curious, too. So, to all the New Leaf players with perfect towns, what did you need to do to make them that way? Was it like the previous games, with a certain amount of flowers and trees needed in each acre, or was it different?

This may help :):
I finally translated what one of the Japanese guides says about the Environment Report:

The rating depends on three areas: Cleanliness, Abundant Nature, and Abundant Living

Cleanliness means:
1) less than 10 weeds
2) less than 10 items on the ground (not counting sea shells, fruit, mushrooms, flowers, buried fossils, buried gyroids, buried Pitfall Seeds)
3) no garbage (Empty Can, Boot, Old Tire, Spoiled Turnips)
4) no Rafflesia

Abundant Nature means:
1) appropriate number of trees (I don't know the counts yet)
2) many flowers
3) high Nature Points from Public Works
Good: Flower Clock, Flower Bed, Flower Arch, Wisteria Pergola, Straw Fence, topiaries, Solar Panels, Wind Power Generator, Windmill
Bad: Garbage Can, Jumbo Monitor, Oil Excavator, Tire Play Equipment, Picnic Sheet, Traffic Light, illumination items, Tower

Abundant Living means:
1) high Living Points from Public Works
Best: Campground
Good: bridges, benches, outside lights, Garden Chair, Hot Spring, Fire Hydrant, Stadium Lights, Solar Panels, Lighthouse
OK: almost everything else including Water Well, Fountain, clocks, Signboard, Face Board, signs, art, monuments, etc.
Bad: Garbage Can

I will never have a perfect town then. I hate flowers.
What, whyyy? Don't you think it's fun to perk up your town with them and breed them?

Now that I think about it though, there are two things I really dislike about the AC flowers; having to water them and how easily they're destroyed by running over them. So basically, I don't like that they're realistic. I'll have some fake, plastic ones, thanks!

I will never have a perfect town then. I hate flowers.

Yeah I don't blame you. I watch all these videos of people's towns in NL and their grounds are COVERED with flowers. I'm just like...
o_O
:|
D:

I may have one designated flower area... but I couldn't cover my entire town with them like that. Too much clutter, too little space to run.

What, whyyy? Don't you think it's fun to perk up your town with them and breed them?

Now that I think about it though, there are two things I really dislike about the AC flowers; having to water them and how easily they're destroyed by running over them. So basically, I don't like that they're realistic. I'll have some fake, plastic ones, thanks!

Nope. I just don't like flowers at all. Not in games, not in real life. Whenever flowers grow in my towns, I always trample them or sell them. Maybe it is subconsciously getting rid of them due to being allergic to pollen, but it's mostly probably from the fact I only like specific sorts of plants.

I will have trees and bushes, yes, but not flowers. A lot of flowers, in my opinion, can look a bit on the tacky side, especially how villagers tend to toss them willy nilly with not a thought put into color coordination or design. Yes, they are just basic AI, but they always make their houses look terrible with a mess of flowers.

I don't think flowers perk up places at all, but again that is my opinion. I'm a desert person, so I prefer things to be a bit more on the (literally) earthy side. Too much green and too much color is obnoxious, like visual shouting.

I would much rather fill my town with lovely rock gardens with the occasional bit of green to balance things out.

Thank you to Mint for that information; I quoted it on my blog to answer the person's question.

I have to say I actually agree with having less flowers rather than the necessary amount for a perfect town. I've been to a good amount of towns via Dream Mansion that just have random flowers scattered absolutely everywhere, and it just looks tacky. If I was going to fill my town with flowers, I would give them some kind of order. That said, I thought the flower patches in Aika village were very pretty and contributed to the town. I guess that in my opinion, it really depends on the way a town is set up and what flowers are planted; it's hit or miss. I'm not really a fan of how most of the flowers look, either. The only ones I really ever have around are the roses.

Ah, I see. And well, even if your dislike for flowers makes it impossible to get the perfect town, at least it'll be low maintenance! So that's nice.

Ah, I see. And well, even if your dislike for flowers makes it impossible to get the perfect town, at least it'll be low maintenance! So that's nice.

Yeah. So I'm not too worried about it. Having a perfect town or not isn't game breaking anyway.

Having lots of flowers does seem like a hassle though. I don't know how people do it. Especially before you get the better watering cans.

Nope. I just don't like flowers at all. Not in games, not in real life. Whenever flowers grow in my towns, I always trample them or sell them. Maybe it is subconsciously getting rid of them due to being allergic to pollen, but it's mostly probably from the fact I only like specific sorts of plants.

I will have trees and bushes, yes, but not flowers. A lot of flowers, in my opinion, can look a bit on the tacky side, especially how villagers tend to toss them willy nilly with not a thought put into color coordination or design. Yes, they are just basic AI, but they always make their houses look terrible with a mess of flowers.

I don't think flowers perk up places at all, but again that is my opinion. I'm a desert person, so I prefer things to be a bit more on the (literally) earthy side. Too much green and too much color is obnoxious, like visual shouting.

I would much rather fill my town with lovely rock gardens with the occasional bit of green to balance things out.

I actually don't like flowers in my town either, so hi five! I like flowers in real life, but I find the flowers in the Animal Crossing world to look tacky, since they look two dimensional while everything else looks three dimensional. I can stand the roses and the jacob's ladders, but you can't even get jacob's ladders without a perfect town.

But I love my towns to be pure green so that they look more like a forest. To me, nothing is prettier than a lush, green forest without a flower in sight.

Yeah. So I'm not too worried about it. Having a perfect town or not isn't game breaking anyway.

Having lots of flowers does seem like a hassle though. I don't know how people do it. Especially before you get the better watering cans.

when i was in need for flowers I would get them while playing minigames

I have a perfect town on AC:NL and have kept it for weeks now

I've been slowly removing my basic flowers from my town. There's too many of them to keep up with and villagers plant them all over the place.
I've seen dream towns blanketed in flowers and yet they have the jacob's ladders scattered about too.

I would think you could get a perfect town if you have enough trees in each acre.

Hmm I quite like flowers in my town. You should not over do it, think flowers on the side of every road or a sea of flowers all randomly placed. But a forest area with a few Jacob's ladders in there, or a park area with a flower patch looks a lot nicer, IMHO, than only having trees (and bushes in New Leaf) in it. You shouldn't rule out all use of flowers! Maybe you do like them together with the new bushes, the difference between a tall tree and a small flower patch will be bridged by a medium sized bush. It will make the two blend together more easily, I assume.
As to the perfect town rating: I will set it as a goal, just to receive a few Jacob's ladders and the golden can. After that I will tone down the amount of flowers.

I've actually removed all the flowers in my town to experiment in hybridizing.

I do love flowers though :)

I've actually removed all the flowers in my town to experiment in hybridizing.

I do love flowers though :)

last time i saw your town it was filled with flowers no more spots without them...

So how is removing yours possible.

I plan to have the flowers in certain spots. I don't want them growing all willy nilly through the town ._.

Villagers apparently put them all over. So you'll definitely have to remove unwanted ones every day.
I won't mind that. I'll just move them to another spot or sell them c: may not be a lot of bells for the flower, but it beats trampling them :D

Garbage Can is bad? No recycling for my town then..... at least I can have one in my house.

I could also get rid of it by sending it to villagers I don't like. :p

Back