• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Perfect Town

The town has to stay weed free and trash free for 15 days is City Folk.
So I'm guessing it'll be the same in New Leaf.

Indeed. :) Then you talk to Shizue for your golden watering can.

BTW any villager who lives in the town can talk to Shizue after the 15days to get a golden watering can, provided the town is still perfect at that point.

I am going to try to have a perfect town. I never did that. It seems some people can get it faster than others. I know it will take me forever!

I managed to finally get a perfect town in Population Growing last fall when I was playing through it. I think the biggest problem for me was not making the town perfect, but making sure it was perfect and it would STAY that way.

My main issue was trees. After working so hard chopping down trees that were too close together and then replacing them, I was hard pressed to get trees to grow in certain acres. Especially the freakin lake.

I wanna see a Jacob's Ladder in game so badly it hurts.

Unless there's a special type of coding with those specific flowers, I don't think they're treated any differently as other flowers. So I'd assume if someone can steal your flowers or give you flowers normally, Jacob's Ladders would be no different unless they were safely tucked inside your house.

I wouldn't really know myself. I never played WW Online and I've never owned City Folk. New Leaf will be my first foray in online gaming. xD

I feel like this perfect town is going to be a lot easier than the other Animal Crossing games

I actually like the flowers, so I won't mind planting a bunch in my town. :) If you use the right colours and breeds, it can look really pretty. Especially if you use hybrids.

I managed to finally get a perfect town in Population Growing last fall when I was playing through it. I think the biggest problem for me was not making the town perfect, but making sure it was perfect and it would STAY that way.

ACGC has been the only Animal Crossing game that I've managed to get a perfect town in. I've never managed to do it in WW or CF, it was way too complicated. The acre system in ACGC made it much more simple, and since I've gotten the golden axe, I planted TONS of fruit trees in my acres so I no longer have the perfect town, but at least I have the golden axe (as well as the rest of the golden tools) in my ACGC game. :)

Ahh, I miss ACGC now.

Is it easier to get a perfect town if you do a beautiful village? I know I like that style.
How long can a perfect town take this time around?

Yeah I don't blame you. I watch all these videos of people's towns in NL and their grounds are COVERED with flowers. I'm just like...
o_O
:|
D:

I may have one designated flower area... but I couldn't cover my entire town with them like that. Too much clutter, too little space to run.

I don't understand how people can cover their towns with flowers. What I did in WW was have a little area designated for hybrids and hybrid growing, and I had little plans made out for flowers surrounding my neighbors' houses. When a new one moved in, I'd move all the flowers over their.

I think I'll go for a perfect town at the very beginning, because I'd like to focus on a themed town later. I've always reached the perfect town status by accident when I started making my town more green and I hope it'll be the same in NL :)

Is it easier to get a perfect town if you do a beautiful town?

Are you referring to the town regulation? Yes, because animals plant flowers more often and planted ones are less likely to wilt. Weeds are also less likely to appear.

I think going for a perfect town in the beginning is a great idea! Once you get the prizes for having your perfect town, you won't have to worry about dealing with perfection while molding the town into what you want it to be! I know I'll have my town regulation set to beautiful in the beginning, so that'll be a big help too!

I just hope Isabelle's tips will be easier to figure out than the ones I got in Wild World. |:

Sorry for the bump, but I was really happy to find a Jacob's ladder in my town today, exactly one month after starting to play, and with no effort towards getting a perfect town on my part - I hadn't even considered it yet! So it's definitely much easier, anyway. Now, where to put that flower clock...

Back