• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

Been farming the grass in Poni Canyon for J-mo and eventually found him 3 times, which was enough to catch him and his 2 evolutions respectively. But first I encountered a shiny carbink! That's my first shiny since gen 4 so I'm pretty happy with that. It only took 1200 hours of playing through XY, ORAS and SAMO to get it ;p

I'm looking for a Litten and Popplio. I'll trade a Rowlet in return if you're after one.
Please shoot me a PM if you can help!

4 days of SR'ing finally paid off. I can imagine Gladion spray-painting the same gray Type: Null he tried giving you a hundred times before with a nice gold and bronze color, just so that you would finally stop SR'ing the game and making him repeat the same dialogue over and over again. :p

I honestly don't understand how artificial Pokemon can be shiny. Like, from what I can tell it's just something that happens in nature, every so often a unique color appears. But for Pokemon that were made, like Null and Porygon and Magearna, someone had to literally make a different color. Plus seeing as there are only three Null, limited as is the case with most artificial Pokemon, how can there possibly be a shiny? I too imagine some sort of paint job. But that just seems like cheating. xD

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand how artificial Pokemon can be shiny. Like, from what I can tell it's just something that happens in nature, every so often a unique color appears. But for Pokemon that were made, like Null and Porygon and Magearna, someone had to literally make a different color. Plus seeing as there are only three Null, limited as is the case with most artificial Pokemon, how can there possibly be a shiny? I too imagine some sort of paint job. But that just seems like cheating. xD

I'm actually a bit salty over how Type: Null isn't shiny-locked but the Ultra Beasts are; considering that they are probably just as common in their own world as any other non-legendary Pokemon in our own world is. I can get if they locked UB-01 and the first UB-02 you encounter, but the extra UB-02s you can capture aren't seen going through a portal and neither are the rest of the UBs.

Porygon is a bit of an odd fellow. Even though it was originally a man-made Pokemon, they can breed with Ditto since they are part of the mineral egg group and they are found in the wild in various games like ORAS (Mirage Mountain and Mirage Island), White (White Forest), and DP (Trophy Garden). I wonder how they can explain this one. '-'

By itself though, I'm not too bothered that Type: Null isn't shiny-locked. Silvally is one of my most favorite Pokemon in this generation and his shiny color is pretty cool as well. At least it is less likely that they'll shoehorn a shiny Type: Null into the game as an event... now that wouldn't make any measure of sense at all.

I'm actually a bit salty over how Type: Null isn't shiny-locked but the Ultra Beasts are; considering that they are probably just as common in their own world as any other non-legendary Pokemon in our own world is. I can get if they locked UB-01 and the first UB-02 you encounter, but the extra UB-02s you can capture aren't seen going through a portal and neither are the rest of the UBs.

Porygon is a bit of an odd fellow. Even though it was originally a man-made Pokemon, they can breed with Ditto since they are part of the mineral egg group and they are found in the wild in various games like ORAS (Mirage Mountain and Mirage Island), White (White Forest), and DP (Trophy Garden). I wonder how they can explain this one. '-'

By itself though, I'm not too bothered that Type: Null isn't shiny-locked. Silvally is one of my most favorite Pokemon in this generation and his shiny color is pretty cool as well. At least it is less likely that they'll shoehorn a shiny Type: Null into the game as an event... now that wouldn't make any measure of sense at all.

Yeah I was going to mention the UBs as well, assuming shiny UBs even exist in the first place. I mean, it seems like everything encountered in the Pokemon world is just automatically a Pokemon, but obviously there's no proof that UBs follow the same Pokemon logic of shinies and breeding and all that. I know they're classified as Pokemon in the game, but if it was a real thing you'd have no way of knowing.

Porygon is a bit of an exception, but it was the first to come to mind when I thought of "artificial". Not even sure how it exists in the real world in the first place (I think it can travel between real and virtual but I can't remember) but I excuse its shininess thinking the shiny could've just been a beta version or something lol. I think the Trophy Garden was the weirdest, but seeing as the owner was rich he could've won them all at the Game Corner. xD

I think Null is interesting but I don't really care for it, mainly because like nearly all of the Pokemon in this gen we don't know hardly anything about it. There are a couple of files but that's it. I would've liked some kind of flashback or SOMETHING but to me it's just yet another new Pokemon I don't really know about. What I don't get is how it's in the Pokedex AND it's classified as a legendary (or higher-ranked Pokemon). Only three exist, it's artificial, and it was hidden from the world. Legendary means it's famous and has a legend. Something hidden can't be of legend. Plus you can't just engineer a legendary!

Null seems really fascinating but I just think there are some holes here and there. xD

Last edited:
I have used Synchronize Timid Abra 5 times to catch Tapu Koko and each time it hasn't been Timid WHY

I have used Synchronize Timid Abra 5 times to catch Tapu Koko and each time it hasn't been Timid WHY

Oooh, that is such a pain! I feel you.

I went for a Jolly Tapu Koko to make use of its high attack and speed. Going for a speedy physical attacker with Wild Charge, Roost, Work Up and U-Turn.

Can I point out that this gen is horrible for people who want a living dex? Type: null and silvally, cosmog and cosmeom, version specific legendaries, and starters to worry about. That's a lot of difficult trading.

nonsense, you get multiples of legendaries and version exclusive ultra beasts just so u can trade

Can I point out that this gen is horrible for people who want a living dex? Type: null and silvally, cosmog and cosmeom, version specific legendaries, and starters to worry about. That's a lot of difficult trading.

I can agree with you on that, but since I'm getting Moon, I can actually get the rest of the exclusive Pokemon as well as duplicates of 1 time only Pokemon like Cosmog and Type: Null.

So I just found this.

IMG_1011.jpg

This is the first time I found something that wasn't a crappy 2-Star Ghost Den. A 5-Star Rare Kitchen is pretty much the best method of leveling your Pok?mon to lvl 100 in this game since leveling is so atrocious once you hit level 70. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5flsl1/the_guide_to_level_up_to_100_in_about_2_hours/

Also, if you guys have any good shops then set them in the first slot of your Festival Plaza (first store on the right when entering). This will be the store that you recommend to other people when you connect to the Internet. I just bought the 5-Star Rare Kitchen, so if any of you guys are on my friends list and we both go online at the same time then you can buy it for yourself as well. Keep in mind it costs 1,500 for the first store, and double that for extra Rare Kitchens.

Read this guide if you want also, it provides a lot of valuable information on how to get the most out of Festival Plaza... including on how to grind lots of Festival Coins as quickly as possible. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5hm77y/a_guide_to_making_the_most_of_festival_plaza/

This is the first time I found something that wasn't a crappy 2-Star Ghost Den. A 5-Star Rare Kitchen is pretty much the best method of leveling your Pok?mon to lvl 100 in this game since leveling is so atrocious once you hit level 70. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5flsl1/the_guide_to_level_up_to_100_in_about_2_hours/

I've actually seen a few 5-star Rare Kitchens while hunting for an Orange Dye Shop. They always came from Japanese players which isn't surprising seeing as they always get so far ahead of everyone else. Unfortunately I never had enough to actually import it into my plaza.

I haven't played for a while now. I'm afraid this game might fall into the started and never finished category for me... ;A;

How do you get more CPU's to join your battle tree?
I'm talking about for mutibattles I only have one girl I can participate with and her team is trash.

How do you get more CPU's to join your battle tree?
I'm talking about for mutibattles I only have one girl I can participate with and her team is trash.

You have to defeat opponents in single battles to be able to recruit them. The price is 10 BP.
I read you can even scout the powerful trainers like Cynthia, Colress, ect

I haven't played for a while now. I'm afraid this game might fall into the started and never finished category for me... ;A;
Don't let it fall into that category! It's much too beautiful for that!

I usually never finish games myself and I was on and off with Moon at first but I am glad I finished it! :)

You have to defeat opponents in single battles to be able to recruit them. The price is 10 BP.
I read you can even scout the powerful trainers like Cynthia, Colress, ect

So basically I just start doing the single battles??
Is there a link where I can do more reading on this topic
gotta get my hubby blue you know

So basically I just start doing the single battles??
Is there a link where I can do more reading on this topic
gotta get my hubby blue you know

Here's a link: http://serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree.shtml
Not sure if you can get Blue, I haven't seen anything about it. I would think not since he and Red are the "masters" of the tree but who knows, maybe you can recruit one of them.

also since when can arcanine learn close combat???

Last edited:
Here's a link: http://serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree.shtml
Not sure if you can get Blue, I haven't seen anything about it. I would think not since he and Red are the "masters" of the tree but who knows, maybe you can recruit one of them.

also since when can arcanine learn close combat???

Awww dang, that sucks. So how do I recruit them? I have the ten BP. Aha.
The article doesn't give me much info. Aughh. Thanks for the link!

Back