• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Possible Stupid Title for Animal Crossing 3DS.

JasonBurrows

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Yellow Pansy
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Cake
To all that remembered that Nintendo messed up the European Wii Game Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City
If they get lazy again, they could and most likely will call it Animal Crossing: Let's be the Mayor.

Sadly it might happen or it may not, but that title really ruined it for me in Europe.

How about Animal Crossing: Wild World at War?

That outta sell fast.

How about Animal Crossing: Let's think of a really long, boring and extremely excessively stupid European title

@Jas0n They could have done soooo much better.
City Folk would have been acceptable.
I don't see why they changed it.

@Jas0n They could have done soooo much better.
City Folk would have been acceptable.
I don't see why they changed it.
Folk is a Germanic term and has no acceptable translation into Romance languages, and it's very hard to pronounce in many languages. It would just come out as City People, which doesn't sound a lot better than "Let's Go to the City". They just wanted something that's easy to translate & say.

Folk is a Germanic term and has no acceptable translation into Romance languages, and it's very hard to pronounce in many languages. It would just come out as City People, which doesn't sound a lot better than "Let's Go to the City". They just wanted something that's easy to translate & say.

"Folk" can always be mis-pronounced as "****" in a lot of accents quite easily, too.

I don't really like "Animal Crossing: Let's be the mayor" It's got humor to it, but I really don't like it.

To all that remembered that Nintendo messed up the European Wii Game Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City
If they get lazy again, they could and most likely will call it Animal Crossing: Let's be the Mayor.

Sadly it might happen or it may not, but that title really ruined it for me in Europe.

The Japanese, European, and Korean versions all have the same name (though in different languages).
It is the North American version that has the unique name.

How did "lazy" Nintendo "mess up" the European version name?

Animal Crossing: It's Mayor Time!

Animal Crossing: Tortimer Retires

Animal Crossing: Mayorama

Animal Crossing: Own a town full of animals

Animal Crossing: A mayor is you

lololol

Animal Crossing: It's Mayor Time!

Animal Crossing: Tortimer Retires

Animal Crossing: Mayorama

Animal Crossing: Own a town full of animals

Animal Crossing: A mayor is you

lololol

Especially "A Mayor Is You".

Last edited:
The Japanese, European, and Korean versions all have the same name (though in different languages).
It is the North American version that has the unique name.

How did "lazy" Nintendo "mess up" the European version name?
Even from an American stance I feel the European/Japanese/Korean titles are really stupid. "Let's Go to the City" makes it sound like it's a game just for kids, which doesn't lend well to adolescents and adults looking to pick up a copy. "City Folk" is a pretty abominable title, too, though.

the euro title ruined it for me and caused some confusion! i hope that dosent happen on AC3DS

Back