• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

I was just thinking that when I was obsessed with making a dog-only island, many of the types of flowers/plants in-game are toxic for them. :eek: (e.g.: carnations, cosmos, pansy, and hibiscus/hydrangea bushes).

I HATE that Isabelle doesn't have a larger role in this game! Apparently in New Leaf she'd be your assistant and she'd talk to you directly more often. Her NH role isn't bad but I want more events like the New Years, Fireworks Show, as well as the rare Roost interaction where she's outside.
She mainly came back to NH because of her role in NL (fanservice) It was pretty bad when the game first launched because her announcements weren't even helpful. She never told you what was happening, who was there, ect. It was always about how she lost her socks, watched some show, ect. It was mildly cute the first time, but got old and irritating quickly.

On the subject of villagers...

Why do we have generic bird villagers and yet also have chicken, duck, eagle, ostrich and penguin villagers too?

Why are cows and bulls separated into two distinct villager species, when they really should just all be cattle? Also why no female lion villagers? Literally just take off the manes and boom, lioness.

Why do only the frog villagers go without umbrellas or rain gear, when octopi are literal aquatic animals and should really be just fine in the rain?

I wish there was an easier way (or just a faster way, really) to write letters to my villagers. It'd be nice if we could use the mobile app to write letters faster, kind of like we can use it to chat with other players.

Also why no female lion villagers? Literally just take off the manes and boom, lioness.
Why have I never noticed this? The next game needs to rectify this. I can imagine a lioness type would work well for snooty and peppy.

I prefer NL's customer design other than NH for some reason
I meant custom design not customer 💀

Feels like my honeymoon phase on the game ended long time ago, it's hard to get back in it nowadays unless if i try something new.

I'm thinking about making my own custom paths and ground designs, like stepping stones, puddles, flowers and mushrooms. c:

I'm thinking about making my own custom paths and ground designs, like stepping stones, puddles, flowers and mushrooms. c:
It's a fun thing to try since the default ones are a bit limited. But keep in mind that you can actually kick them away like you do with a dug hole. I do that all the time by mistake and then have to go into terraform mode to reapply the qr pattern. They're not locked like the default ones, which is kind of annoying.

I wish there was an easier way (or just a faster way, really) to write letters to my villagers. It'd be nice if we could use the mobile app to write letters faster, kind of like we can use it to chat with other players.
I miss how they used to be. I don't like how you have to write the entire letter at once at the card stand. Used to be you could purchase a set of letters and write them at your own leisure. Don't fix something that isn't broke lol.

I wonder if I can still place down a plot while I'm moving someone's house. Today's going to be Tabby's third visit to the campsite but I've already had Tom Nook move Melba's house to a temporary I'm-in-the-middle-of-flattening spot and I don't want to mess this up. 🤔

I wonder if I can still place down a plot while I'm moving someone's house. Today's going to be Tabby's third visit to the campsite but I've already had Tom Nook move Melba's house to a temporary I'm-in-the-middle-of-flattening spot and I don't want to mess this up. 🤔
As long as you still have an available plot of land to sell, you should be able to. The two events shouldn't conflict with one another.

If only we could order bug/fish models without dealing with CJ and Flick... their conversations are way too long and annoying. -.- at least let me skip it when I'm hearing it for the 1000th time

I wonder what happens when a villager you've designed a vacation home first moves to your island. What do they say when you visit them at HHP? Will they remember you when they move away from your island? o: I've only ever seen the opposite happen.

Bringing this thread back because I have something to post!

I'm thinking of switching up some of my villagers. They may be cute, but I don't really care for them besides that. I'm already in the process of moving in Pietro to replace Marshal, anyways.
I'd love to have Purrl replace Judy, but I don't have her amiibo card. Maybe I can finally put some use to my hundreds of NMTs now. XD

Bringing this thread back because I have something to post!

I'm thinking of switching up some of my villagers. They may be cute, but I don't really care for them besides that. I'm already in the process of moving in Pietro to replace Marshal, anyways.
I'd love to have Purrl replace Judy, but I don't have her amiibo card. Maybe I can finally put some use to my hundreds of NMTs now. XD
I was brand new to the series with ACNH and so when I got my first villagers I was not super thrilled, especially with Scoot. the longer I've played the more I love him! I honestly think he is my favorite villager. I really like all of my villagers and I've noticed when Iook them up on website that rate villager popularity, mine are always somewhere in the C range, lol. But I don't care, I love Pom Pom, Puddles, Marshall, yeah all of them. Even Reneigh who I learned isn't all that popular.

I was brand new to the series with ACNH and so when I got my first villagers I was not super thrilled, especially with Scoot. the longer I've played the more I love him! I honestly think he is my favorite villager. I really like all of my villagers and I've noticed when Iook them up on website that rate villager popularity, mine are always somewhere in the C range, lol. But I don't care, I love Pom Pom, Puddles, Marshall, yeah all of them. Even Reneigh who I learned isn't all that popular.
scoot is such a great pick! i had him in NL and adored him. he really works his way quick into your heart, you know?

i don't think popularity scales are very good at predicting anyone's favorite villager, truly and that makes them so funny to see, haha. mine are usually d tier! (maybe bc i'm dino and that's d for dino? 😜)

i don't think popularity scales are very good at predicting anyone's favorite villager, truly and that makes them so funny to see, haha. mine are usually d tier! (maybe bc i'm dino and that's d for dino? 😜)
I know! A lot of my favorite villagers are more on the unpopular side. Moe & Marcel specifically comes to mind. From what I saw in another forum I was in, the entire forum disliked them.
There's also S.J.'s birthday twin himself, Pierce. I don't see much hate for him anywhere, but I haven't found that many Pierce fans either. But I adore him. You should've seen me a few months before I joined; I was pretty much obsessed with him.

Back