• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

imo kid cat is underrated (most of the tier lists i saw listed it as B or A) i honestly think that he deserves an S (its ok if u guys disagree tho everyone has their own ideas)
Me and Katt exactly.

Katt Profile 5.jpg

You just can't refuse to admire her fangs.

I love the little game cockroaches. When I’m inside the house though, for some reason they always follow the player around. If I stand still, they hide between my feet, so when I move, I kill them. Why do they do this? 😭
I don’t want to squish them.

Also, anyone know if they show up on the dream address? I’d love if they did show when I upload mine (eventually). Never seen them in anyone else’s.
they actually do appear in dream addresses (seen it in a yt vid)

I decided to heck with it and went ahead and got Muffy and Bones's Amiboo cards as well. I got Muffy for my island of Rainbow, and Bones is just too cute to pass up.

Whenever I get villagers that I've already seen already I try to force them out by using amiibo cards. For the first time in a long while I let my plot autofill and then I got Rodney (who I already gotten their photo from my previous island) so I had to get him out. I realize it gets pretty boring seeing the same villagers you've seen countless times.

Whenever I get villagers that I've already seen already I try to force them out by using amiibo cards. For the first time in a long while I let my plot autofill and then I got Rodney (who I already gotten their photo from my previous island) so I had to get him out. I realize it gets pretty boring seeing the same villagers you've seen countless times.
I actually got pretty excited when I saw Jacques and Scoot randomly again on my second island. Both were previously on Wahu, and now they're residents on my newer island Parkwood.

My character is the exact same in appearance and stuff on both islands, so I like to pretend and think that those two missed having me around.

Villager line up for Rainbow. Each villager represents a color and since rainbows (usually) only have 7 colors I had to improvise the last three and went with black, white and pink.

Peppy Apple (Hamster) - Red
Lazy Biskit (Dog) - Orange
Snooty Eloise (Elephant) -Yellow
Smug Henry (Frog) - Green
Jock Kody (Cub) - Blue
Cranky Del (Alligator) - Indigo
Sisterly Muffy (Sheep) - Violet
Lazy Cole (Rabbit) -Black
Peppy Tutu (Bear) -White
Normal Chelsea (Deer) - Pink

Tried to also have a mix of different species. Unfortunately I only have 4 of the above villagers' Amiibos so either I get a lot of NMT or get the villagers directly on here.
Changing line up slightly. Instead of Del, It will be Stu as Lazy Bull (Indigo) and instead of Cole, it will be Roscoe as Cranky Horse (Black). Stu is more Indigo than Del. Del is navy blue not indigo.

Okay after looking up what indigo color actually is, I have to change my line up again. Indigo is a darker shade of purple and violet is a lighter shade of purple. So new line up.

Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo (Dark Purple), Violet (Light Purple) Black, White, Pink

Peppy
Cheri (Cub -
Red Villager)
Tutu (Bear - White Villager) *Have Amiibo
Normal
Ione (Squirrel -
Blue Villager) *Amiibo ordered and on the way
Sisterly
Muffy (Sheep - Violet Villager) *Amiibo ordered and on the way
Snooty
Miranda (Duck - Pink Villager)

Lazy
Biskit (Dog - Orange Villager) *have amiibo
Cube (Penguin - Black Villager)
Cranky
Lobo (Wolf - Indigo Villager) *have amiibo
Jock
Tybalt (Tiger - Yellow Villager)
Smug
Henry (Frog - Green Villager)

Now I'm not going to get perfect indigo colored villager but Lobo is really the closest to indigo than the previous villagers of Stu and Del. So it's close enough.

Yep, so that's my new line up. I changed Hamlet to Tybalt because Tybalt is actually yellow. This is now my final line up.

Also, I just found Cheri on an island. So they are starting to move in.

Last edited:
I was hoping I'd get my 2nd island (Neko Isle) to 3 stars before my representative's birthday, but it's only 8 days from now and I don't think I could get a 3-star island in that time, even if I actively tried. 😬

(August 29th isn't actually my birthday, it's in February. XD I'm doing a cat-themed island, so my character's birthday is the same as my two cats'!)

I've been so blinded to the idea of inviting Gloria, who was at the campsite, to my island that I completely forgot that the reason I loved Faith being there was because she gave the tropical island vibes to the place 💔 I'm going to miss you Faith 🌺
Plus I bought bushes to plant next to her home and now I'm gonna have to remove them because it doesn't fit Gloria's aesthetic at all.

Crafting Glow-in-the-stickers and customizing them manually for your own home is quite a walk in the park...........

I never stopped wondering about the Sea Lion branding in NH. Is it a new character that was meant to be released in NH but never made it in?? Is it a hint for a future game?? The only sea lion character as far as I know is Phineas and he isn't known to sell clothes. Are they related to Phineas somehow?? I have so many questions and I've never seen anyone talk about this

I'm on a mission to collect every Amiibo card now. Don't know why I feel like I have all of them. Just bought all the villagers from Bob up to Jitters. I'm not focusing on the special characters yet.

It's going tontake anwhile but I will have all of them. But Indecided to buy 10 to 20 of them each pay day

Last edited:
I'm on a mission to collect every Amiibo card now. Don't know why I feel like I have all of them. Just bought all the villagers from Bob up to Jitters. I'm not focusing on the special characters yet.

It's going tontake anwhile but I will have all of them. But Indecided to buy 10 to 20 of them each pay day
Good luck with the RV cards. Some of them go upwards of $70+ on eBay. Most of the special characters aren't hard to find, however.

Good luck with the RV cards. Some of them go upwards of $70+ on eBay. Most of the special characters aren't hard to find, however.
Thanks. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy those or at least not all of them. If I do it's going to be way later down the line since my focus is on trying to get the 448 of the regular and special character cards first.

just thinking about my island (haven't really fully played outside of bell tree events in forever!) and i just wish there was a magic feature that leveled everything out with the press of a few buttons. part of the reason that's holding me back is thinking about how much work it would be to have to flatten everything out and start from the ground up 😵

Now I have the Amiibos cards from Bob all the way up to Punchy. After I'm done with the series one villagers, I will start on the series one Special Characters. I still don't know if I want to buy the Welcome Amiibo RV cards, I might just buy a few in that set.

I do admit, I do feel like an idiot spending my money on these but at the same time, life's too short to deny yourself stuff, no matter how foolish the items are, as long as your bills are paid. And I do think it would be pretty awesome having all 448 cards.

I'm just about working on my NH Island to make it Citycore, yet I am low on ideas. I would like suggestions if possible.

Now I have the Amiibos cards from Bob all the way up to Punchy. After I'm done with the series one villagers, I will start on the series one Special Characters. I still don't know if I want to buy the Welcome Amiibo RV cards, I might just buy a few in that set.

I do admit, I do feel like an idiot spending my money on these but at the same time, life's too short to deny yourself stuff, no matter how foolish the items are, as long as your bills are paid. And I do think it would be pretty awesome having all 448 cards.
I have the entirety of Series 1-4, and I really love the fact that the cards are collectable, while also serving a purpose. It really does get addicting trying to get them all after a while.

I could never get into Pokémon cards as I don't have a huge interest in that series. These cards are much easier if trying to complete a collection, since there isn't as many cards to try and get. I really hope Nintendo keeps the amiibo functionality for the next game.

I'm just about working on my NH Island to make it Citycore, yet I am low on ideas. I would like suggestions if possible.
Have you tried looking at inspiration pictures on sites such as Pinterest? Some of them are so detailed that it may be challenging to directly copy what you see onto your island, but others are easier to look at. Keep in mind that if you want to have a realistic-looking city island, make sure you download some custom designs. The default ground permits aren't very good for city building in my opinion.

And depending on what you need in terms of furniture, some pieces can take a while to get if you're doing it without trading with players online. It may help to get HHP if you haven't done so already, as that will ease the process of getting some of that furniture the more clients you make homes for. If you're not comfortable with going to other players' islands, that is what I would suggest.

Last edited:
Back