• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

What if in the next Animal Crossing game, counterfeit works of art will significantly hurt your HHA scores and/or harm your town’s rating like if there were excessive weeds? It’s already the scum of all items in ACNH because it’s the one item Timmy and Tommy won’t accept, but they should make the items more hatable in the next game.

Kind of relating to the post above, but I wonder how much of the previous games will be kept when the next game is released. Will we be mayor again? Will crafting exist in any form? Will Timmy and Tommy’s store upgrade (and speaking of which, will it stay or will they go back to Tom Nook running the store)? So many questions that only time will tell the answer to.

I find it sus that my donation box near Resident Services was cleaned out. Over time, I donated 1000 Bells to its max limit of 99 000.

Tom Nook is my prime suspect. Homeboy just couldn't leave the 99 000 Bells alone.

I find it sus that my donation box near Resident Services was cleaned out. Over time, I donated 1000 Bells to its max limit of 99 000.

Tom Nook is my prime suspect. Homeboy just couldn't leave the 99 000 Bells alone.
There’s a max? Darn…

I mean, it WOULD be unrealistic to have an infinite amount of money in a small box anyway.

I can certainly understand the frustration of this game being too focused on terraforming and crafting and decorating. I think it is great that we were given the freedom, but it has come with some issues:
  • Feels forced at times. There should have been alternatives to get materials, fishing bait, craftable, furniture, etc. (that doesn't require online services). Not to mention, tools shouldn't break.
  • Nintendo put too much focus went into these features, causing other aspects of the game to be ignored. For example, a lot of furniture sets were done away with. The cute furniture is nice and all, but it feels like an inferior version of the lovely set I have always loved. Same with the social aspects. I do appreciate some stuff carried over from New Leaf, as well as some new stuff being added like in-person gifting and cheering up villagers (which, coincidently, were things I wanted for New Horizons), but this overall aspect still feels a bit stale.
  • Crafting and terraforming can get tedious at times. I am unpleasantly surprised that we never got bulk crafting. And terraforming is OP in a good way, but I do wish it was handled better. However, this is the first game it appeared it, so it is expected to be faulty, just like how diving improved.
I love New Horizons, do not get me wrong, but if these features weren’t so forced and tedious, people would have less of a problem. The same goes for the ignoring of other aspects of the game. I do miss the feel of the preceding games that New Horizons lacks.
I really think they should've had some feature where you could recycle/dismantle stuff to net a lower % of materials back. So if a sign needed 10 wood then you could get 5 or 7 wood back.

NH in March 2020 and for several months leading up to it was pretty bad when looking up social media. Literally everyone was doing the same room set ups because of the lack of furniture. Cottagecore was the only theme. Or it felt like it anyway. A lot of the furniture now also feeds too modernized/blase.

They actually gave terraforming/furniture placement a QoL overhaul for the dlc Island content, so it's a shame they couldn't have brought it over to the main game. I like the features they added, but there's no reason they have to be such a time consuming grind. I can't see me as a kid having fun doing this. I would've never touched this crap.

What if in the next Animal Crossing game, counterfeit works of art will significantly hurt your HHA scores and/or harm your town’s rating like if there were excessive weeds?
I actually came on here tonight to wish that there was no such thing as duplicate REAL art. I understand that maybe people want to complete their museum, and also hang real art in their homes... maybe? But it would increase our chances of completing our museums if real are never appeared again, once purchased.

I actually came on here tonight to wish that there was no such thing as duplicate REAL art. I understand that maybe people want to complete their museum, and also hang real art in their homes... maybe? But it would increase our chances of completing our museums if real are never appeared again, once purchased.
I think in this case the probability for genuine art would just drop down further than it already is. Like the first purchase would have somewhere between 90-70 and each piece after would drop until the remaining pieces would have something like 1-15% depending on how difficult they would want to make it.

I think in this case the probability for genuine art would just drop down further than it already is. Like the first purchase would have somewhere between 90-70 and each piece after would drop until the remaining pieces would have something like 1-15% depending on how difficult they would want to make it.
Math is my weak point, so I will trust you know what you are talking about. I guess I figured if you remove one object, it increases the chances for another to show up, rather than having the same genuine Mona Lisa (for example) show up overr and over.

A throwback to the early yards that I have made.

Sally and Poppy's homes

20240217_044559.jpg

20240217_044605.jpg

20240217_050504.jpg

Browsing citycore inspirations on Pinterest really makes me want to boot up my backup island again and finish it...

I'm off work for another week, so maybe I'll actually have time and motivation to do it!

The best soundtrack piece coming from this game is the daytime music on the mystery islands.

To be honest, I didn’t really like the soundtrack that much in ACNH. The K.K. Slider songs have always been crap, even by the standards of video game music. The hourly songs are also the worst of the franchise. In all fairness, Animal Crossing never really had exciting soundtrack for a video game.

I’ve also been thinking that the more I think about the soundtrack from all of the Animal Crossing games, the more I realize that the GameCube version had the best overall soundtrack in the entire series. In both the hourly songs and shop music. I’m not even using nostalgia to make a judgment on the soundtrack.

I kind of wanted to start a new thread for this, but realized that I am probably the only one who is willing to do this.

I have decided to wear whatever clothing item my villagers give me, or what drops from balloons. It doesn't matter if I like it, or if it matches. I have to wear it no matter what.

Since I have been doing this, this is my current look. I'm sure it will change often, and will become increasingly worrisome!

1000003241.jpg

So, villagers CAN barge in on you in the middle of the night...even when it is almost 2AM...
How is that even allowed....?? 🙃🙃🙃
Yes! I work until midnight, and most villagers are asleep, but it seems that cranky and peppy villagers (maybe others?) have the same late night hours as well! For someone who works late, it is nice to see a villager at 2am

You know it's too late when the only ones awake are Tom Nook, Isabelle and Kapp'n

It doesn't matter if I like it, or if it matches. I have to wear it no matter what.
Interesting challenge. ❗ Now take it a step further and furnish your home using only furniture found in balloons or obtained from animals... 😈 The ShawnFuzz Challenge. 😁 Oh and I do apologize for breaking the chain of posts made by users whose usernames start with "shawn". You two had a nice rally there, but I have severed the chain. 🤭

i know a million people have said it but i wish this game had half of the items that animal crossing pocket camp does 😭 the wigs, the handheld items... please

i know a million people have said it but i wish this game had half of the items that animal crossing pocket camp does 😭 the wigs, the handheld items... please
...and the big furniture items that let us make little stores and stuff...

I’m not a fan of the idea of playing as an animal character in the next Animal Crossing game, but if there was a spin-off of a different genre (like adventure or RPG) under the Animal Crossing name, then I would be okay with playing as an Animal character.

Imagine being able to run and jump as Marshal. Or being able to swim in the waters as Marina. Or being able to attack giant scorpions as Rosie. Or being able to fly as Apollo. I do have a game idea based on this.

zlegitanimalcrossingquote.PNG

I was looking at the article about villagers on Nookipedia, and I found this there.
Then I scroll down to the bottom of the page, where the notes are, and I also found this. Apparently, it claims you were able to hit villagers with an axe in the first generation Animal Crossing games only???

Did this really happen, or is it just someone spreading false information?!

zlegitanimalcrossingquote2.PNG

Back