Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
is there a character from a movie, show, or book that you feel like you’ve related to significantly, either based on their personality or experiences they’ve gone through?

mine would probably be yumi from yumi’s cells. i remember reading the webtoon during a certain time in my life and connecting so much with what she was going through

Kieran from the Pokémon ScarVio DLC; I love the direction they took with him, and he's actually my favorite video game character. His insecurity and other issues have somehow resonated with me. 💜

I can also relate to Ogerpon and Hatenna, also from Pokémon; the former because I don't like being misunderstood and Hatenna because I am prone to overstimulation.

Shinichi Izumi from Parasyte the maxim is the character I relate to most in anime to be honest, even moreso than Izuku Midoriya. The way he's thrust into the situation he is and basically has to deal with it on his own without letting others find out kind of parallels my life in some ways.

IMG_3522.jpeg
The first character that comes to mind is Yayoi Kise/Cure Peace, because she’s shy, sensitive, and loves to make art.

IMG_3526.jpeg

Penny Ling from LPS 2012 for most of the same reasons, minus the art thing. I also related a lot to the episode where she was out of shape and had trouble catching up with the others.

Tweek from South Park. We both drink way too much Coffee, freak out easily, and are easily paranoid

ironically I also pull my hair when I'm super stressed, and down the coffee like crazy. Though I'm more an iced coffee fan.

Oh, as well as we're both gay. So I guess there's that too.

In Fruits Basket (manga), I felt like I could relate to a combination of the characters. Maybe most particularly Kyo because I want to fit in a lot and be “normal” and not be treated differently. Yuki, because part of me wants to push people away because of the negative experiences and social anxiety.

In One Piece, Robin maybe. She loves history and wants to find out the truth. She was made fun of as a kid, treated differently. The fact she was looking for a group to belong and when she did, how far she’d go for them.

Bernadetta & Marianne in Fire Emblem Three Houses. Bernadetta because of her anxiety, being a shut in. Marianne because she felt more comfortable with animals than people. I think there may be more reasons but that is all I can think of for now; it has been a long time since I last played it.

Futaba in Persona 5 - only a little bit. I think there is a lot holding me back like how her mom’s death held her back and how she blamed herself. She was a shut in and seemed to have some social anxiety, also might have been on the spectrum too. Like when Sojiro asked her something, she froze; I freeze when my dad does that too, pressures me to hurry up to say something or is yelling at me.

That’s all I can think of for now.

Megumi from Food Wars.

Also watching youtube videos explaining things in Kingdom Hearts makes me like Riku more. Also apparently getting lost all the time in those games isn't a shill issue.

Megumi from Food Wars.

Also watching youtube videos explaining things in Kingdom Hearts makes me like Riku more. Also apparently getting lost all the time in those games isn't a shill issue.
Seconding Megumi, lol
I've always related to her. She is sooo me lol.

Aside from that, Mitsuri Kanroji from KNY and probably Chii from Chobits, for me :3

I might come up with a better answer if I put more thought into it, but the first character that popped into my head was Leonard from Big Bang Theory. Mainly because he puts up with, and loves his difficult to deal with roommate Sheldon.

I have always attracted people that others have no patience for, and while I also get frustrated at times, I think I have more patience and see what others don't see in them.

Also, Leonard is a geek, so I have a little bit of that.

Although I will say I can't relate to the fact that he is brilliant and has a gorgeous woman who loves him, 😆

I answer this as Max Caulfiield from Life is Strange. Both the negative aspects and positive ones.

I'm highly introspective on the world. Although I think the time I spend in my own head can be equally consequential.

I'm also rather quiet and don't always put myself out there.

I relate to Squidward, Arnold, and Buttercup. I get frustrated with inconsiderate strangers sometimes, and I like to help my friends out whenever I can.

1725326196515.png

1725326207550.gif

1725327066654.gif

A few, and I'll explain...
  • Squidward - Not fully obviously, but there were times at some of my former jobs where I wish I had that "I really wish I weren't here right now!" button. Also, I prefer to be alone most of the time, and get annoyed if my peace is bothered.
  • Johnny Bravo - No, I'm not some muscular hunk in real life like he is, but I relate to him solely due to the fact that I can't find my life partner either. Oh, and I also live with my mom.
  • Carl Wheezer - Nervous about trying new things, but won't really get mad if it's forced.
  • Otto (from The Simpsons) - Well, I drive a bus for my job, and I listen to rock music all the time. No, I don't have long hair, do any funny stuff, or crash into things (thankfully).
  • Baba Looey (my PFP as of this post) - I consider myself a sidekick in many group scenarios, and I try to come up with more sensible and safe solutions to several things, only to have my thoughts completely ignored. And when something bad actually happens? "Told ya so."
  • Edd (aka Double-D from Ed, Edd n Eddy) - Sort of a blend of the Carl Wheezer and Baba Looey examples above. I've got some smarts, but usually cannot apply them well due to friends thinking that my "playing it safe" mentality is lame.

my friend said that my personality is pretty identical to yachi from haikyuu!! a giant ball of anxiety, constantly getting easily flustered, and the panic is real hehe

Back