• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Responsibilities As Mayor?

D1llon

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
As most of us know, in the upcoming Animal Crossing game your character will be playing the role of town mayor.

My question to you is, what you do think some of your responsibilities will be as mayor?

I have a few ideas which include placing bushes, lamp posts, etc. Also it may be possible that your character could plan events, like tourneys and competitions. It's funny, in previous games your character had a mayor like position (creating the tone tune and such) so the only other attributes Tortimier had was that he hosted specific events.

I don't think there would be anything major. If there was it would ruin the game.

It really got me thinking - I wonder how it will change how we interact with the animal villagers. Would it make sense for them to ask a mayor to do the errands that we've done in the past? I wonder if they'll ask for things more related to the village, or if perhaps that feature may be gone in entirety (would be saddening).

I'm still not sure where they're going with this whole 'mayor' thing, and it doesn't help that we still have close to no information. -_-

It really got me thinking - I wonder how it will change how we interact with the animal villagers. Would it make sense for them to ask a mayor to do the errands that we've done in the past? I wonder if they'll ask for things more related to the village, or if perhaps that feature may be gone in entirety (would be saddening).

I'm still not sure where they're going with this whole 'mayor' thing, and it doesn't help that we still have close to no information. -_-

It'd be kind of cool if the neighbors acted more like how our character did in previous games. Doing more for the town and such.. If the mayor features return, I KNOW we'll be more active within the town than Tortimer was.

I say that the seceratary should plan the events as for the job as mayor.They should allow you to place the Lamposts,Benches,and whatever that thing is in the trailer where the character has a net.They should also have it where you can make a Fundraiser to gather bells to use for Lighthouses or Windmills.

I say that the seceratary should plan the events as for the job as mayor.They should allow you to place the Lamposts,Benches,and whatever that thing is in the trailer where the character has a net.They should also have it where you can make a Fundraiser to gather bells to use for Lighthouses or Windmills.

I like the fundraiser part of your idea quite a bit. BUT I don't like the rest of it. And what thing where the character has a net? Plan catching bugs? What? Why would the secretary plan events? I think the mayor should do that. Then, the mayor could assign certain days of the year to honor certain things. Like, April 15, for example, could be Pancake Day. And if that's possible, a new errand has been born because now Lucky and Stitches will both want there own days of the year.

Maybe the mayor thing will cause a bunch of new content to be added just to give yourself more of a mayoral status. What if we could hire neighbors to do things for us for a change? Classic Switcheroo. And we'd be able to determine where to direct the flow of the town fund. Or maybe we'll illegally bleed it dry all on our own. Mu aha haha.

Perhaps the villagers would come to the "mayor" with any problems they may have. Then, it would be up to the mayor to fix them.

Man, if I HAVE to fulfill my responsibilities as Mayor I'll drop kick a puppy.

I like the fundraiser part of your idea quite a bit. BUT I don't like the rest of it. And what thing where the character has a net? Plan catching bugs? What? Why would the secretary plan events? I think the mayor should do that. Then, the mayor could assign certain days of the year to honor certain things. Like, April 15, for example, could be Pancake Day. And if that's possible, a new errand has been born because now Lucky and Stitches will both want there own days of the year.

Maybe the mayor thing will cause a bunch of new content to be added just to give yourself more of a mayoral status. What if we could hire neighbors to do things for us for a change? Classic Switcheroo. And we'd be able to determine where to direct the flow of the town fund. Or maybe we'll illegally bleed it dry all on our own. Mu aha haha.
The "Thing" I am talking about is in the AC3DS trailer where it's surrounded by flowers as the character with the net moves down and passes by it.Also the reason why the seceretary should plan events so that the player can't be able to make everyday an event for some silly reason such as for certein sets of furniture.

The "Thing" I am talking about is in the AC3DS trailer where it's surrounded by flowers as the character with the net moves down and passes by it.Also the reason why the seceretary should plan events so that the player can't be able to make everyday an event for some silly reason such as for certein sets of furniture.

I'm pretty sure that is the beehive :). Don't know what the point of it will be, though.

Thanks for clearing that up. I think the thing you are referring to may be a the artificial bee hive that bee keepers use. Maybe we'll see more bees around? Or they could be able to cross pollinate flowers to create hybrids which would just make the process slightly more complicated and time consuming but still simple enough. Or honey, perhaps? And yea. I guess making a ton of random holidays would turn normal days into something to look forward to.

I like your ideas now that I understand them more thoroughly.

Why does everybody think that is a beehive? (Asking because I want to know)

To me it looks like that shrine from Ilex Forest in Pokemon G/S/C.

Why does everybody think that is a beehive? (Asking because I want to know)

To me it looks like that shrine from Ilex Forest in Pokemon G/S/C.

beehive.png

beehive2.png

warre-beehive-2-box.jpg

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?58884-Official-AC-3DS-information-thread

Interesting, but they look nothing alike to me.

It looks way too much like that shrine I mentioned.

We'll see what it really is eventually. I just don't think a bee keeper. I don't see what that would do for this series.

beehive.png

HGSS_Celebi_Time_Travel.png

image92ua4.png

200px-IlexShrine.png

Celebi_GSC.png

Looks nothing like it, I will admit, when I first saw it, I thought it was shrine, then everyone said it was a bee hive. But I always wanted it to be a shrine.

I think the town appearance would be an important thing. The mayor is probably responsible whether or not there's enough trees and flowers in the town. If there's weeds, maybe the animals would worry. Sounds stupid, but it's possible.

Does anyone think that Nintendo could give your character NO new features and just label you as mayor? I know that would suck, but in previous versions people would change the town's environment, supply the town with money for new structures, create a tune for the town, and a lot more.

And with the whole beehive/shrine argument, I don't see a purpose for there to be a shrine in Animal Crossing, it would be pretty offbeat from other versions.

Does anyone think that Nintendo could give your character NO new features and just label you as mayor? I know that would suck, but in previous versions people would change the town's environment, supply the town with money for new structures, create a tune for the town, and a lot more.

And with the whole beehive/shrine argument, I don't see a purpose for there to be a shrine in Animal Crossing, it would be pretty offbeat from other versions.
Nintendo isn't stupid enough to make that mistake again, like how WW = CF. I believe they would do it in their hearts to make the consumers happy; giving us a new game, with new features, and the same charm.

Nah, I think there will be some substantial difference with it.

I know that City Folk was horrible and made me think that they really don't care about this series at all anymore. However, I don't see them tackling this kind of idea without it being game-changing in some way.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen how it will be game-changing at all. I just don't see how this idea could work without changing the gameplay quite a bit.

Funny thing is, there are still people who take a look at the videos of this game and the information "You will be a mayor" and they still come to the conclusion that the game is another copy of the GCN version. I no longer know what it would take to please the "it's the same game over and over and over again" crowd.

The three AC's are actually quite different themselves. Sure, CF had a striking resemblance to WW, but it was actually very different. Just not in the positive way. It was like a lazily done WW with people who had no idea what they were doing.

I don't know much about shrines, but I'd imagine that maybe it could work like a wishing well?

But I'm not going to argue that's what it is. I'm just saying that's what it looks like. However, I'd think that if it were a shrine like that, it would be more detailed and elaborate than that.

I just don't see the practicality of it being a structure to keep bees.

Back