• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Responsibilities As Mayor?

I was just looking at the comments about the E3 Trailer for AC3DS that Jeremy posted.I saw a comment about "bee boxes" and users say the game is being released in August 2nd,others say October or January 2012.One says it will be released in America...blah....blah.......blah.............

I think we will have to deal with villager complaints, making money for buildings from the city & others to be constructed in the town, and things of that nature

I'm not exactly sure what they will be but somethings im hoping for are:

1. You choose where you want to place buildings (such as Nook's shop, museum, etc.)
2. You can make villagers leave if they cause to many problems (such as arguing too much)
3. Moving things (such as benches, lamposts, etc.)

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what they will be but somethings im hoping for are:

1. You choose where you want to place buildings (such as Nook's shop, museum, etc.)
2. You can make villagers leave if they cause to many problems (such as arguing too much)
3. Moving things (such as benches, lamposts, etc.)

I like these! I want to be able to place NEW lamp posts and benches, too, though. I like the building placement. That would provide an opportunity to get rid of the Nook payback thing by starting your own city, sort of. Like you are there first, to plan it and sort of get the ball rolling, then people start coming in. Poorly explained, I know.

I wonder if Town Hall will be upgradable since we are the mayor.

Well we still would be living in a house, which would seem better to be upgraded than the Town Hall. Unless we slept at the desk of Town Hall like Tortimier would :/

Also, I wouldn't want to see this game turn into something too close to the Sims. The debt that Nook starts you out with could remain but choosing where buildings should go doesn't seem that right to me. As mayor, a player should certainly be able to form the landscape around buildings which can be used to construct a variety of things. I just came up with the idea of using bushes as fence-like structures to create an enclosed perimeter for hybrid flowers and or furniture for trade, etc.

Well we still would be living in a house, which would seem better to be upgraded than the Town Hall. Unless we slept at the desk of Town Hall like Tortimier would :/

Alongside of upgrading your house. Like, once you've successfully gotten so and so many bells in the town fund, you can buy and uprgrade to the town hall, or a light house, or more lamp posts and benches. Ya know, something like that.

I hope it isn't anything like planning events....

Mayor said:
"Oh, I'm pretty bored, I feel like getting smashed so the mayor of this town is just gonna have a party to celebrate..... HERPES AWARENESS!!!!!"

^^ great idea there :)

If the events save so they happen every year, I would just have an event, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. My town will be Funky Town and it will be amazing!

So, how do you all think being the mayor will shape having more than one playable character in each town?

I could see it going one of four ways:

1. The first playable character that you move in will be the mayor, while the other three will not be and play like the last three AC games.
2. All four playable characters work as co-mayors.
3. Only one playable character will be allowed in each town (and a cartridge).
4. For the first time ever, more than one town will be allowed on a single cartridge, allowing for each of the four playable characters to be a mayor in their own town.

I don't know the probability of the last one, but I think it would be awesome.

I was thinking that this would be the possible outcome. Nintendo would probably want more games and 3DS's sold. It could be positive though, the game would have so much more memory without the additional three players.

Simple. You raise money for an old persons home for Tortimer since he's retired as mayor.

I like these! I want to be able to place NEW lamp posts and benches, too, though. I like the building placement. That would provide an opportunity to get rid of the Nook payback thing by starting your own city, sort of. Like you are there first, to plan it and sort of get the ball rolling, then people start coming in. Poorly explained, I know.

I wonder if our house IS town hall

So, how do you all think being the mayor will shape having more than one playable character in each town?

I could see it going one of four ways:

1. The first playable character that you move in will be the mayor, while the other three will not be and play like the last three AC games.
2. All four playable characters work as co-mayors.
4. For the first time ever, more than one town will be allowed on a single cartridge, allowing for each of the four playable characters to be a mayor in their own town.

I don't know the probability of the last one, but I think it would be awesome.

I think the last one would be really really cool

I have no clue what to say since most of it has been said before, I'm just hoping that they don't give the player too much power as mayor; I think it would ruin the game. :'/
It would be cool to see though if we were able to plan fishing/bug catching tourneys and possibly flea market dates.

Maybe the mayor could choose an annual day where all the animals and the mayor themself get together and clean up the town? :3
that sound kinda cool to me, i cant wait to play ♥

And on the events, his twin Mortimer will "be" Tortimer. So just get a twin and you can watch yourself sleep for many years.

Back