• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Ripening fruits?

Well the only other fruit that has a bumpy surface that I found so far is the Surinam Cherry.

Though the bumps don't really match up, and it might be too unknown to have any sort of chance of actually being the fruit. I mean, even I've heard of Lychees so that's probably the more accurate possibility. But hey. I found cherries!

I saw those, I had looked up tropical fruits and it was one of the ones I considered, but the lychees look so much more similar.

I'm not sure how the game will work, but I hope they aren't island exclusive. I'd like to grow them in my town.

I'd like that. It'd be like the coconuts in the GameCube game. It was kind of nice having something special you could take back from the island and growing as a sort of memento of the trip.

im sure we can have them in our town :)
they could be lychees but i still think they might be red plums XD
red plum.jpg

Do plums grow in multiples like cherries or do they grow individually like apples?

Either way, new fruit. I'm excited regardless.

I don't see that they are lychees but they could be red plums
I hoped for damson plums though :(
Maybe they are acerola cherries? (or other special cherries) from the appearance thats more likely i think

I'd really like for them to be plums and not cherries (if only because we already have a type of cherry). That and I really like plums.

It has been confirmed that these are "Delicious Fruits".
It tastes better, the colour is apparently a way of telling it's juiciness and ripeness, and it sells for more.
cmXO0.jpg
Translation:
"You can eat, give away or plant the fruit you shake from trees.
There are some special fruits in the bunch that can grow into a delicious fruit that is special in look and taste."

It has been confirmed that these are "Delicious Fruits".
It tastes better, the colour is apparently a way of telling it's juiciness and ripeness, and it sells for more.
View attachment 1775
Translation:
"You can eat, give away or plant the fruit you shake from trees.
There are some special fruits in the bunch that can grow into a delicious fruit that is special in look and taste."

Yes, but on the pic it shows that it has that special cherry stem. :eek:

Edit: Yeah, you are probably right! :) I'm a bit tired at the moment and thought you meant the island cherries for a sec (now thinking about it, I can't believe I actually didn't read your post correctly! Sorry!)

Intriguing. What are all the fruits we will have? I think it would be so cool if you could grow vegetables and have like a garden or something

I think there are different ripening stages and fruits can hybrid as well or something o.o This is a pretty cool feature, it makes the fruit more desirable and less like a random feature that really serves no purpose.

I think there are different ripening stages and fruits can hybrid as well or something o.o This is a pretty cool feature, it makes the fruit more desirable and less like a random feature that really serves no purpose.

nope there isnt different stages
there will randomly be "delicious fruit" growing on the fruit trees that are worth 600 bells

It has already been shown that they are "Delicious fruit" (it is a few posts above you). I have been playing the game as well, no signs of "ripe fruit". As for hybrid fruit...I am not sure.

Back